Dak Prescott Finished Second in NFL MVP Votes According to the Associated Press

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I could care less about regular season awards at this point ....... only MVP I want Dak to get is Superbowl MVP.

Brax

Reaction score
We should get this stickied with how many people think Josh Allen got 2nd place…..
He’s the only other player who received a first place vote, and yes he’s better than DP, but if waving the participation trophy is your thing have at it. I’m glad the op set you straight on how it works.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah, so Dak didn't get a first place vote at all but had more 3rd and 5th place votes than McCaffrey. Wonder who voted for Josh Allen as the only other first place vote.
Bold> I am curious as well, since that since vote prevented Lamar Jackson from having a unanimous vote on the first-ballot equal to 500 total points. It is too bad voters' ballots are not published like those voting for NBA awards.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s the only other player who received a first place vote, and yes he’s better than DP, but if waving the participation trophy is your thing have at it. I’m glad the op set you straight on how it works.
MVP is not about who is "better". Dak got 2nd place. I don't know why it's bothering you guys so much....it's just a "participation trophy" yet you guys won't let it go lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
List of Non-Quarterback Super Bowl MVPs (link)

YearLgPosPlayerTm
2021​
NFLWRCooper KuppLos Angeles Rams
2018​
NFLWRJulian EdelmanNew England Patriots
2015​
NFLOLBVon MillerDenver Broncos
2013​
NFLMLBMalcolm SmithSeattle Seahawks
2008​
NFLWRSantonio HolmesPittsburgh Steelers
2005​
NFLWRHines WardPittsburgh Steelers
2004​
NFLWRDeion BranchNew England Patriots
2002​
NFLFSDexter JacksonTampa Bay Buccaneers
2000​
NFLMLBRay LewisBaltimore Ravens
1997​
NFLRBTerrell DavisDenver Broncos
1996​
NFLWRDesmond HowardGreen Bay Packers
1995​
NFLRCBLarry BrownDallas Cowboys
1993​
NFLRBEmmitt SmithDallas Cowboys
1990​
NFLRBOttis AndersonNew York Giants
1988​
NFLWRJerry RiceSan Francisco 49ers
1985​
NFLRDERichard DentChicago Bears
1983​
NFLRBMarcus AllenLos Angeles Raiders
1982​
NFLFBJohn RigginsWashington Commanders
1977​
NFLRDTRandy WhiteDallas Cowboys
1977​
NFLRDEHarvey MartinDallas Cowboys
1976​
NFLWRFred BiletnikoffOakland Raiders
1975​
NFLWRLynn SwannPittsburgh Steelers
1974​
NFLFBFranco HarrisPittsburgh Steelers
1973​
NFLFBLarry CsonkaMiami Dolphins
1972​
NFLFSJake ScottMiami Dolphins
1970​
NFLLLBChuck HowleyDallas Cowboys

Source link
I could care less about regular season awards at this point ....... only MVP I want Dak to get is Superbowl MVP.
Quarterbacks are the favorite for winning the award but teams have proven they can win the Super Bowl (or lose in the case of Chuck Howley) and have their teammate win MVP instead. Guess what I am trying to say it does not matter to me who wins the award as long as Dallas takes the championship hardware back home. :)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bold> I am curious as well, since that since vote prevented Lamar Jackson from having a unanimous vote on the first-ballot equal to 500 total points. It is too bad voters' ballots are not published like those voting for NBA awards.
Ah, so Dak didn't get a first place vote at all but had more 3rd and 5th place votes than McCaffrey. Wonder who voted for Josh Allen as the only other first place vote.

Oh he's not hiding. He admitted to how and why he voted Josh Allen.

He felt Dak and Josh Allen were more MVP worthy based on his DVOA stats.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I mean I’d rather have neither. One is a turnover prone quarterback who plays hero ball and the other is a run first quarterback who has improved ands passer but still not enough for me to want him as my quarterback.

And yes turnovers are important. Turnovers can be the difference in winning a game or not. Not sure how you “eye test” doesn’t notice all of them.
If your focus is purely turnovers I’d be curious of what that number was while going 6-6 compared to winning final 5 games .

gtb1943

Reaction score

which is exactly why these awards are really not worth all that when you see who is 'deciding' them
frankly the only value they have is in contract negotiations to get more then they should

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
which is exactly why these awards are really not worth all that when you see who is 'deciding' them
frankly the only value they have is in contract negotiations to get more then they should
Well I'll be honest.....his approach I Can respect. I don't agree that Josh Allen was MVP but he backed his claim up and stands on it.

Lamar became a shoe in because of team success. Which that's ok as well but to give 49 out of 50 votes is insane.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
pot meet kettle
dak bots keep acting like it means something
I've said it means nothing lol. That's what's so stupid. People are in an uproar over 2nd or 3rd place lol...as if it discredits him to be 2nd or 3rd runner up. Just a silly thing to cry about but here you are.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I do not think anyone with that hair could go into hiding. :laugh: Excellent video. Thanks for posting.

I love this kind of in-depth explanation behind a thinking process, regardless whether I like it or not. In my opinion, it would be great if it did not take a controversy like this for more voters, of every sport, to be more open of their decision-making process.

FYI: Some of the feedback he momentarily described is pretty disgusting and pathetic. For that reason, I may edit your post in the future by removing the video and replacing it with a link. Just a heads up if other members take a tiny soundbite and attempt a run on a site rule or two. Or three. :)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I do not think anyone with that hair could go into hiding. :laugh: Excellent video. Thanks for posting.

I love this kind of in-depth explanation behind a thinking process, regardless whether I like it or not. In my opinion, it would be great if it did not take a controversy like this for more voters, of every sport, to be more open of their decision-making process.

FYI: Some of the feedback he momentarily described is pretty disgusting and pathetic. For that reason, I may edit your post in the future by removing the video and replacing it with a link. Just a heads up if other members take a tiny soundbite and attempt a run on a site rule or two. Or three. :)
Yeah I don't agree with him on who should be MVP but I can at least respect he didn't take the "well the eye test" approach. He's doing what all voters should do and actually back their claim up. Stats don't tell it all of course but he backed his claim up well. Still don't agree but he has a solid argument.