Dak Prescott Finished Second in NFL MVP Votes According to the Associated Press

blueblood70

Reaction score
Then I’d argue you didn’t watch most the games , especially down the stretch when they had to win to get in including the butt whooping they gave us.

And after beginning season 6-6, they finished 11-6.
You mean the under 100 yards net passing for one Alan isn't that what you're talking about I have no idea what you're talking about this dude you're making an argument that seems to be moot anyway but the running back the run game the offensive line they won that game Cooper rush one games like this and that same situation right any quarterback could have won in this situation you're giving this dude credit for **** whooping us he did nothing but hitting the ball off.. Thanks Dan Quinn for making one Prescott look bad because some of you have the worst memories and somehow you're arguing for I mean is it me are you a Buffalo Bills fan or ripping on your own qb here for no reason...

Prescott was 12 and five three straight years he has no losing seasons in his entire career when he's healthy... The man has one of the top touchdown interception ratios all time not Cowboys he's 6th all time in the NFL right now... But sticking to last year Yep twelve wins took the division from the Eagles you know there was an actual another good team in the division that we had to overcome beat them down the stretch and somehow Prescott had the least amount of interception for a starting quarterback this year or at least a top starting quarterback led the league in touchdowns and somehow you're trying to make it out that Josh Allen should have been over Prescott in the voting is absolutely ridiculous and again I'm not going back and reading all of it I'm just making assumptions out of what little I read...o_O

blueblood70

Reaction score
He had 13 interceptions his first 12 games. Had 5 interceptions in his last 5 games and 5 fumbles in his last 5 games. The guy is not protecting the football. Never has.
But they're excuses right because it's not Prescott when Prescott has an off year with turnovers it's amplified times 100 whenever someone else does it gets swept under the rug... They ignore turnovers and other things and somehow Prescott has a year where he leads the league in scoring and has very little turnovers and yet somehow people are just deciding that that's just not good enough.. In my opinion he should have won the regular season NFL MVP...

I mean fans and media can't have it both ways can they it it's either Jerry Jones doesn't go out and make this team better every offseason he's allowing the team to become weaker every offseason that's the general narrative and yet Prescott somehow has been able to keep the team and a steady twelve wins two division titles and then in the playoffs 5 out of his eight years at quarterback but he gets no credit for that at all.... I mean which is it he has too much talent enough talent or he never has enough talent not like some of the other better teams try to go out and make their teams better in their weaker areas? I'd say it's a little bit of all three but just to stay on this particular argument people are just insane I believe he should have won MVP just like I think Luka doncic should have won MVP last year both Dallas biases somehow come into play here...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You mean the under 100 yards net passing for one Alan isn't that what you're talking about I have no idea what you're talking about this dude you're making an argument that seems to be moot anyway but the running back the run game the offensive line they won that game Cooper rush one games like this and that same situation right any quarterback could have won in this situation you're giving this dude credit for **** whooping us he did nothing but hitting the ball off.. Thanks Dan Quinn for making one Prescott look bad because some of you have the worst memories and somehow you're arguing for I mean is it me are you a Buffalo Bills fan or ripping on your own qb here for no reason...

Prescott was 12 and five three straight years he has no losing seasons in his entire career when he's healthy... The man has one of the top touchdown interception ratios all time not Cowboys he's 6th all time in the NFL right now... But sticking to last year Yep twelve wins took the division from the Eagles you know there was an actual another good team in the division that we had to overcome beat them down the stretch and somehow Prescott had the least amount of interception for a starting quarterback this year or at least a top starting quarterback led the league in touchdowns and somehow you're trying to make it out that Josh Allen should have been over Prescott in the voting is absolutely ridiculous and again I'm not going back and reading all of it I'm just making assumptions out of what little I read...o_O
To each their own. I’d of rather had Allen down the stretch than Prescott including the playoffs. Whether that made him more valuable in 2023 I’ll leave that for everyone else to talk about amongst themselves.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To each their own. I’d of rather had Allen down the stretch than Prescott including the playoffs. Whether that made him more valuable in 2023 I’ll leave that for everyone else to talk about amongst themselves.
I mean that's personal preference. Josh Allen is younger than Dak and he's more mobile. He has a better arm. But if the most important aspect of the game is taking care of the football then all those stats are meaningless.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I mean that's personal preference. Josh Allen is younger than Dak and he's more mobile. He has a better arm. But if the most important aspect of the game is taking care of the football then all those stats are meaningless.
I’d argue most important aspect is providing your team best performance or situation to win and advance down the stretch into the playoffs which I’d argue Allen did and does consistently. Unfortunately Mahomes has been in his way,

If you’d rather have Dak that’s your call but I’d take Allen everyday and Sunday.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not certain why I always think of Terry Bradshaw whenever a conversation touches upon quarterbacks, interceptions and fumbles. Maybe it is because he and Pittsburgh frustrated me so much growing up.

[Link] Bradshaw finished his Pro Football Hall of Fame career with 212 touchdowns and 210 interceptions. He averaged over six fumbles a season over thirteen years.

Turnovers suck for any quarterback. However, the right team around the quarterback can negate how detrimental they can be.

I am not saying Josh Allen should be compared with Bradshaw. I am saying Allen's turnovers may 'fit' his style of quarterback play moreso than his peers. They have cost Buffalo in games sometimes but he is always striving hard to make up for causing them before games' end through individual effort.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’d argue most important aspect is providing your team best performance or situation to win and advance down the stretch into the playoffs which I’d argue Allen did and does consistently. Unfortunately Mahomes has been in his way,

If you’d rather have Dak that’s your call but I’d take Allen everyday and Sunday.
You're making this a Dak vs Josh Allen argument. Not sure how that happened. My stance is if I'm given my choice of a QB it's going to be someone who doesn't commit turnovers at the rate Josh Allen does.

If it's fantasy football give me Josh Allen. If it's winning a ring? I'd go Burrow, Lamar....anyone who doesn't commit over 20 turnovers. The NFL is hard enough.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not certain why I always think of Terry Bradshaw whenever a conversation touches upon quarterbacks, interceptions and fumbles. Maybe it is because he and Pittsburgh frustrated me so much growing up.

[Link] Bradshaw finished his Pro Football Hall of Fame career with 212 touchdowns and 210 interceptions. He averaged over six fumbles a season over thirteen years.

Turnovers suck for any quarterback. However, the right team around the quarterback can negate how detrimental they can be.

I am not saying Josh Allen should be compared with Bradshaw. I am saying Allen's turnovers may 'fit' his style of quarterback play moreso than his peers. They have cost Buffalo in games sometimes but he is always striving hard to make up for causing them before games' end through individual effort.
That's a different era of football. In 2024....with the passing rules they way they are...I can't justify someone being reckless with the football. Maybe if I had the 85 bears defense or Seahawks defense.....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're making this a Dak vs Josh Allen argument. Not sure how that happened. My stance is if I'm given my choice of a QB it's going to be someone who doesn't commit turnovers at the rate Josh Allen does.

If it's fantasy football give me Josh Allen. If it's winning a ring? I'd go Burrow, Lamar....anyone who doesn't commit over 20 turnovers. The NFL is hard enough.
It started out with me saying I’d rather have Allen than Jackson who I don’t believe is top 5 caliber Elite passing QB.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The Associated Press' voters decide which player is named as the National Football League's Most Valuable Player. The voting process is as follows:

The AP NFL Awards recognize the season’s top performers with honors including AP Most Valuable Player – a distinction AP has handed out since 1957 – and AP Coach of the Year. They are voted on by a nationwide panel of 50 sports journalists who cover the league.
Voters will rank their top five picks for MVP and top three picks for other awards. They will also rank their choices for first and second team All-Pro – the best players at each position. This process will more seamlessly allow for AP to name second and third-place finishers. (link)​

The voting for the 2023 NFL Most Valuable Player selected by The Associated Press in balloting by a nationwide panel of media: (Voting is on a 10-5-3-2-1 basis) (link)​

Thus, last season's MVP voting broke down as follows:

s8qd7qY.png

This thread was not created to silence opinions Dak Prescott finished second, third, fourth, etc. It is emphasizing the AP's deciding factor of ranking MVP choices is total points according to how all votes were cast per representative. I think it is important for discussion since neither the league nor fans decides who gets the trophy and who finished behind the winner. It is the AP.

A couple of talking points as it pertains to Prescott:
  • All 50 AP representatives did not vote for him as their first choice for MVP
  • Prescott and the 49ers' Christian McCaffrey finished with the same number of AP representatives voting for them as their second choices
  • Lamar Jackson's total points (493) totally overshadows Prescott's total (152) but Prescott and third-place MVP McCaffrey's total (147) was extremely slim (5 points)
  • 13 out of remaining 50 AP representatives voted for Prescott as their third choice for MVP--edging out McCaffrey (12)
  • The remaining AP representative voted for Josh Allen as a first-ballot MVP but more AP voters choose Prescott over him as their second (17 to 5) and third-place (13 to 11) MVP choices
Just goes to show that the AP doesn't have a clue about voting for an MVP. How could Prescot finish 2nd among them when the only thing that he does well is beat NFL Toads and run up his stats against prevent defenses.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's a different era of football. In 2024....with the passing rules they way they are...I can't justify someone being reckless with the football. Maybe if I had the 85 bears defense or Seahawks defense.....
But yet that reckless QB came within a missed FG of extending the game against the SB Champs and basically in recent years only Mahomes brilliant performances have been able to stop him.

And why there isn’t any other QB I’d rather have with exception of Mahomes. As always we are all entitled to our views and opinions.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Allen should not be excused for committing turnovers. No player should be, whether they are responsible for one or 21.

I was simply saying Allen committing turnovers are not necessarily equal to another quarterback committing them. Even in today's passing era, some quarterbacks are sometimes able to overcome turnovers they make during a game. And that specific teams surrounding certain quarterbacks help reverse the negatives of said turnovers. Other quarterbacks may struggle more or less than Allen does in reversing a turnover into a positive outcome.

I have no clue if it is true but I would believe 'advanced statistics' make it possible for evaluating how quarterbacks address their turnovers in some way--good or bad. It may not be true but it would not surprise me if such advanced statistics do not 'punish' Allen for committing turnovers as much as they do some of his fellow active starting quarterbacks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But yet that reckless QB came within a missed FG of extending the game against the SB Champs and basically in recent years only Mahomes brilliant performances have been able to stop him.

And why there isn’t any other QB I’d rather have with exception of Mahomes. As always we are all entitled to our views and opinions.
Jalen Hurts outplayed Mahomes in the SB...yet you aren't vouching for him....almost beating Mahomes isn't enough for me. IF the blueprint has been set on what it takes to win a SB....why would I try to win going the opposite of it? The game is won in the trenches and taking care of the football.