Dak Prescott Finished Second in NFL MVP Votes According to the Associated Press

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You missed my entire point. I’m saying if they made apply to the entire playoffs NOTHING would change.
I got your entire point. You will simply not acknowledge that the process would change. It must change. The voters would be applying the process for the entire postseason.

We are on the same wavelength but I am willing to say the process must be tweaked to accommodate what the award has never been. And that is a notable point in my opinion because our sub-conversation is totally hypothetical. The likelihood of the award encompassing the wild card, divisional and conference championship rounds are essentially non-existent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have noticed that Dak Bots tend to lose track of reality.
Mahones turned it up and improved on his numbers and rating and everything else in the post season.
showing that claiming regular season stats are all that matters is a losing argument
meanwhile Dak went DOWN in every major statistical category from YPA, Comp %, TD vs INT ratio and a BIG drop in QB rating.
Dak sucks. I get it.

Adreme

Reaction score
I got your entire point. You will simply not acknowledge that the process would change. It must change. The voters would be applying the process for the entire postseason.

We are on the same wavelength but I am willing to say the process must be tweaked to accommodate what the award has never been. And that is a notable point in my opinion because our sub-conversation is totally hypothetical. The likelihood of the award encompassing the wild card, divisional and conference championship rounds are essentially non-existent.
And I’m saying even if you applied the entire playoffs nothing would change. It would always go to one of the two SB teams and almost always the winner. They would drastically favor in the SB, like how regular MVP works,

Basically nothing would change if it was playoff MVP vs SB MVP.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
To me the MVP is an award where the player is the most valuable to the winning of their team and then by extension as such to the league. He’s a proven difference maker like Maholmes. Dak really has never been one, especially in the playoffs. While he did get second place total votes, his claimed best year of passing statistics came against the 32nd ranked pass defenses in the league, which seemingly wasn’t considered.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Swell that makes me feel so much better almost like we made it to the super bowl or something

Sheesh second in the MVP voting probably be forgotten about faster than the prize I got out of the cracker jacks box.

I'm sorry I don't mean to be a downer but I'd be lying if I didn't say I need some playoffs success to excite me. Personal accolades just ain't getting it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I’m saying even if you applied the entire playoffs nothing would change. It would always go to one of the two SB teams and almost always the winner. They would drastically favor in the SB, like how regular MVP works,

Basically nothing would change if it was playoff MVP vs SB MVP.
Okay.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me the MVP is an award where the player is the most valuable to the winning of their team and then by extension as such to the league. He’s a proven difference maker like Maholmes. Dak really has never been one, especially in the playoffs. While he did get second place total votes, his claimed best year of passing statistics came against the 32nd ranked pass defenses in the league, which seemingly wasn’t considered.
It would be really interesting getting some info from the AP voters in my opinion. Of course, I feel the same about the Pro Football Hall of Fame Board of Selectors thinking process about enshrinement considerations. No one really knows what people judge as qualifications unless individuals divulge what they think publicly. And that is very rare.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine people being upset about this lol…
I believe some members are frustrated whenever a regular season award is applied to real or suggested postseason performance as a justification or excuse. The subsequent reaction is either to overhype or discredit the regular season award.

Did Dak Prescott deserve the NFL MVP award? The AP thought so for the regular season. Perhaps conversations would be slightly less contested if his career accolade was not injected into discussions about the postseason performance--whether it is solely about him or the team in general.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course thats what you believe. You’re a Dak hater bot.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I question why these awards are not done AFTER the season; so that a players entire body of work for the season as a whole is taken into account

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Weak MVP year and he still couldn't get it done. And LOL at Jackson being a x2 MVP. This league is a joke.

Also 9 out of 10 being offensive players shows how pointless this award is. There are so many positions and an entire group of players just not even being discussed. OPOY and DPOY have more credibility.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I believe some members are frustrated whenever a regular season award is applied to real or suggested postseason performance as a justification or excuse. The subsequent reaction is either to overhype or discredit the regular season award.

Did Dak Prescott deserve the NFL MVP award? The AP thought so for the regular season. Perhaps conversations would be slightly less contested if his career accolade was not injected into discussions about the postseason performance--whether it is solely about him or the team in general.
So when having conversations we should only focus on one aspect of a player? What’s the rules here?