Dak Prescott: From Game Manager to Gunslinger

Vandyr

Reaction score
Dak is just an average QB. We caught some bad teams off guard early and it showed. Now he still improved in some areas mainly in TD's so that's a positive but he still needs a ton of help from Moore and the talent around him or were not going far. Our defense hasn't shown they can do much to increase our odds of winning so if the offense isn't clicking at a high level were probably going to lose.

Extremely average. It's amusing watching his fan club go ape**** in here when you criticize him in any way.

Proof

Reaction score
How does a QB go from looking like MVP to just another QB struggling?

Is that all about our opponents or what we’re doing?

It’s about knee jerk reactions and small sample size. My biggest takeaway so far is that he’s capable. The bus driver narrative was hard to shake because he was so conservative. Some guys have been bus drivers because they weren’t able to do more. Dak has shown he can play at a high level, can make all the throws, can push it down field and be aggressive.

quality of opponents aside, doing it matters.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak is just an average QB. We caught some bad teams off guard early and it showed. Now he still improved in some areas mainly in TD's so that's a positive but he still needs a ton of help from Moore and the talent around him or were not going far. Our defense hasn't shown they can do much to increase our odds of winning so if the offense isn't clicking at a high level were probably going to lose.
Explain the last 10 games including playoffs from last year where he put up top 10 numbers then?

I will wait.

MikeB80

Reaction score
He was really fortunate not to have about 6 or 7 more interceptions last year. He repeatedly had easy int. dropped. A bunch of them would have been pick sixes.

This year they are being caught. If that trend continues he is going to be pushing 20+ interceptions.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Extremely average. It's amusing watching his fan club go ape**** in here when you criticize him in any way.
The only ones going ape**** are you haters. Making complete fools of yourselves. More power to you.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
He looks awful majority of the time because when a designed play is consistently being blown up due to the lack of decent blocking, Dak has barely anytime to make a decision. No QB will look good when plays are getting blown up at the LOS. This is happening more and more this season.

That best OL moniker that the national media continues to pedal is pure crap. We are average at best until proven otherwise. Dak is being abused, and if one cannot see it, you’re as blind as the media with their narrative!
Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

He is being abused? You see he threw for 463 yards against a top 10 pass defense right? You saw he got the ball consistently to Cooper for over 200 yards right? You also understand that Cooper could have had 300 if he held onto the first one and doesnt stumble on a potential 70 yard td, right?

That is not getting "abused".

Wake up

Vandyr

Reaction score
"Extremely average"

Slight criticism?

lol

Dak will be alright, just has some things he needs to work on. Sometimes I take shots at him just watch his fan club of foaming at the mouth drama queens to get all bent out of shape about it.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Dak is an OK QB.Elite he is not and he will never be close to it.
We will waste too much time trying to make him something he is not.He needs an all all-star roster around him.... good luck with that.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak will be alright, just has some things he needs to work on. Sometimes I take shots at him just watch his fan club of foaming at the mouth drama queens to get all bent out of shape about it.
well...you are talking to the president if the club lol

Ken

Reaction score
He was really fortunate not to have about 6 or 7 more interceptions last year. He repeatedly had easy int. dropped. A bunch of them would have been pick sixes.

This year they are being caught. If that trend continues he is going to be pushing 20+ interceptions.
Every qb in the league has these

Ken

Reaction score
Dak is an OK QB.Elite he is not and he will never be close to it.
We will waste too much time trying to make him something he is not.He needs an all all-star roster around him.... good luck with that.
Happen to take a look at Mahome's last two games? 1 td.

He is missing all of his weapons. As i i said last year ..anyone could put up big number with the weapons he had all over the field.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just shows how versatile the quarterback really can be. I just wish. Play caller knew when to choose which option

Ken

Reaction score
Ooh, my bad. He's average and he sucks.
That is fine..but you literally can't point to any metric other than Interceptions that support your ridiculous claim.

Thanks.

Vandyr

Reaction score
That is fine..but you literally can't point to any metric other than Interceptions that support your ridiculous claim.

Thanks.

Here are my issues with Dak. Note - some of these he has improved on tremendously, such as reading defenses. He was awful at it last year, seems to better this year. Holds the ball too long...improved in that area. Accuracy - needs work imo. Pocket awareness....ehhh still need work, but I see an upward trend there. I don't actually think he sucks, just fyi. I was just screwin with ya :p

Reactions: Ken