Dak Prescott just needs 4,725 yards to become the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading passing leader

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Point is it is team sport. Troy did not carry the Cowboys to any SB's. However some fans expected Tony and now Dak to carry the incomplete team that Jerry has built all the way to a SB win.
No QB carries a team to a SB. These kind of terms are hyperbolically used by journalists to invoke emotion in the readers and aren’t meant to be taken figuratively nor literally. Also, if that was your point, why are you repeatedly regurgitating stats to diminish Aikman and elevate Dak? It’s already been made a point that stats in more modern eras are slanted for the QB and offense. Roger’s era was more difficult to play QB than Troy’s, Troy’s more difficult than Tony’s and Tony’s more difficult than Dak’s. Regardless, Troy and Roger didn’t falter enough when it mattered because they led their team to multiple SB victories. Dak has played worse in the playoffs than in the regular season, matching his consistency in playing worse against the better teams of the league in the regular season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GB took the opening drive and went 75 yards for a TD with a 7:52 min drive. 7-0. I know you hate Dak, but you don’t need to lie with your hate. Be better.
And then Dak gifted them 14 easy free points. 13-7 at half seems better, to me...than 27-7.

Dak contributed every bit as much as defense. The problem is it was dak SINGLE HANDEDLY.

I know...the 2nd one wasn't a pick 6. Inside the 20 is hard on ANY defense even a run stopper.

Be better.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No QB carries a team to a SB. These kind of terms are hyperbolically used by journalists to invoke emotion in the readers and aren’t meant to be taken figuratively nor literally. Also, if that was your point, why are you repeatedly regurgitating stats to diminish Aikman and elevate Dak? It’s already been made a point that stats in more modern eras are slanted for the QB and offense. Roger’s era was more difficult to play QB than Troy’s, Troy’s more difficult than Tony’s and Tony’s more difficult than Dak’s. Regardless, Troy and Roger didn’t falter enough when it mattered because they led their team to multiple SB victories. Dak has played worse in the playoffs than in the regular season, matching his consistency in playing worse against the better teams of the league in the regular season.
A QB has the most opportunity and responsibility...more than any other singe position. This was true then and still true today.

"Elite" is playing BIG in big games. Roger and Troy did. Does it matter if the rest of the team did or didn't.... when the QB couldn't?

Star QB HAS TO! Regardless of what the rest of the team does.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A QB has the most opportunity and responsibility...more than any other singe position. This was true then and still true today.

"Elite" is playing BIG in big games. Roger and Troy did. Does it matter if the rest of the team did or didn't.... when the QB couldn't?

Star QB HAS TO! Regardless of what the rest of the team does.
Hey bud ya still looking for that game?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
GB took the opening drive and went 75 yards for a TD with a 7:52 min drive. 7-0. I know you hate Dak, but you don’t need to lie with your hate. Be better.
Wow, Dak could not overcome a 7-0 in the first minutes of a game. Pay the guy 55-60 mo, mo, mo money, that's the ticket. After he gets paid, if he does, don't be blaming the defense for not having good players.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wow, Dak could not overcome a 7-0 in the first minutes of a game. Pay the guy 55-60 mo, mo, mo money, that's the ticket. After he gets paid, if he does, don't be blaming the defense for not having good players.
If the interceptions were fully on Dak, I would agree with you. Do agree Dak doesn't need to be paid so much. $50 mil/year should be plenty enough. Give the team a $10 mil/year discount.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the interceptions were fully on Dak, I would agree with you. Do agree Dak doesn't need to be paid so much. $50 mil/year should be plenty enough. Give the team a $10 mil/year discount.
The money that he demands for his play on the field does not warrant the kind of money he wants. If he would help the team that way I would not have that much of a problem having him here. But, he is a money hungry fool that does not know that when he dies he can't take it with him.

Before we go on, bring Romo into the convo, you know, to divert the situation. Hey, bring Kurt and Cole into this convo also.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The money that he demands for his play on the field does not warrant the kind of money he wants. If he would help the team that way I would not have that much of a problem having him here. But, he is a money hungry fool that does not know that when he dies he can't take it with him.

Before we go on, bring Romo into the convo, you know, to divert the situation. Hey, bring Kurt and Cole into this convo also.
Agreed on Dak's greediness.

:muttley: ... on the rest.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You're the one who said Dak has had more than adequate enough teams to accomplish what Roger and Troy did. That's what I was talking about...

Post in thread 'Dak Prescott just needs 4,725 yards to become the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading passing leader' https://cowboyszone.com/threads/dak...e-leading-passing-leader.524785/post-13579262

So, once again, explain how so? I said Roger and Troy had loaded teams around them (which they did) when they won their Super Bowls. Explain how Dak has been surrounded with a loaded team good enough to reach and win a Super Bowl.
Need a reminder of exactly what I said?

"The teams around Dak have been more than adequate. So what?"

It's a simple comment that you are blowing WAY out of proportion in your fervent defense of Dak.

Where did I say Dak has had super bowl rosters around him? Where did I say that Dak has had "...more than adequate enough teams to accomplish what Roger and Troy did"? Roger and Troy absolutely had stacked rosters around them, and all I said was that Dak's rosters haven't sucked. If Dak's roster was so horrible, how the hell did the team get 12 wins 3 years in a row?

Jesus, go take a few shots and chill the hell out.

Yobwocs

Reaction score

Well at least you're a logical Dak on the fencer.

Some of the anti Dakkers bash him simply because they think he's the impediment in us procuring a Mahomes or Brady. Lmao. Those people will never learn...we ain't getting one of those anytime soon Dak here or not.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sounds like that is the conclusion you are coming to when I just post the stats.

Much more difficult to hand off the ball to the best RB of all time.

Motorola

Reaction score
All the games....series...dak played when there was neither hope of win or fear of loss. Playoff game assured or mathematically eliminated.

Are you telling me no other team sits their QB1 when these things happen?

I know one game I am thinking of is when Romo ran the team down the field for a score and they put Dak back in. If you force me to I am sure I can find a few more games.