Dak Prescott Not MVP Candidate? QB Left Off NFL Rankings

RoboQB

Reaction score
I suggest just to stop the back and forth.

He's going to keep doing what he's doing regardless how well you explain your reasoning.

IF he reads this he will be like "So Trubisky would be MVP over Lamar?" blah blah blah because you simply mentioned Trubisky.

That's his thing and you're wasting your time.
I put TMC on ignore a while back for this very reason.
Eventually, he'll just be talking to himself.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Choke artist
Fans said the same thing about Romo. It’s the team/defense that chokes more than anything. This has been going on for 2 decades. The next QB will get trashed the same way if we don’t fix the main issues with the team.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We did nothing in free agency to help him. We’re going to be dealing with some young players on the OL including a new center. This could lead to some issues. Our RB situation looks dismal. If we can’t run the ball and we suffer a lot of growing pains upfront things could get ugly, plus we have a tough schedule.
All fine and accepted but how about this MVP-All-Pro-Elite-Top 5-60 million a year QB carry his team to victory with his arm??????????????
If I'm asking too much just say so bud as I will understand. :muttley:

slick325

Reaction score
Based on the lack of free agent and trade activity this offseason, I suspect pundits and most media types don't think the 2024 Cowboys will be very good. Not gonna see an MVP candidate on a non-playoff team. That is what Dallas is expected to be this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All fine and accepted but how about this MVP-All-Pro-Elite-Top 5-60 million a year QB carry his team to victory with his arm??????????????
If I'm asking too much just say so bud as I will understand. :muttley:
Your Dak hate agenda is disturbing. You’re consumed by him. If he walks, you’ll walk and follow him to his next team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on the lack of free agent and trade activity this offseason, I suspect pundits and most media types don't think the 2024 Cowboys will be very good. Not gonna see an MVP candidate on a non-playoff team. That is what Dallas is expected to be this year.
A media pundit like Mike Fisher based his observation on NFL.com's Around the NFL Nick Shook's ranking, so it promotes the league's own sensationalism as well. True or not, the little artificial soap operas push the narrative to boost attention for those interested in Dallas' 2024 future.

GINeric

Reaction score

Dak.

Ohhhh.... so when other quarterbacks become All Pro, it's because they played pretty good football. But Dak is the only quarterback in NFL history that became All Pro because for the first time in history, it happened due to weak pass defenses, correct?

There has never been another quarterback to have played against weak pass defenses in history, huh.... gotcha.

You Eagles and Commanders fans are pretty creative when discrediting players, I'll give you that. You guys have a great talent of lying with a straight face.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ohhhh.... so when other quarterbacks become All Pro, it's because they played pretty good football. But Dak is the only quarterback in NFL history that became All Pro because for the first time in history, it happened due to weak pass defenses, correct?

There has never been another quarterback to have played against weak pass defenses in history, huh.... gotcha.

You Eagles and Commanders fans are pretty creative when discrediting players, I'll give you that. You guys have a great talent of lying with a straight face.
You literally asked and I will quote you word for word:

"When was the last time the NFL had a weak quarterback year?
Also.... what quarterback or quarterbacks benefited from it that year?

Or is this something that just started when Dak had a pretty good season?"

You asked "When was the last time?" I answered "2023".

You then asked "What QBs benefited from it that year? I answered "Dak".

Why ask questions I'd you're just going to get all emotional when they are answered, bro?

GINeric

Reaction score
You literally asked and I will quote you word for word:

"When was the last time the NFL had a weak quarterback year?
Also.... what quarterback or quarterbacks benefited from it that year?

Or is this something that just started when Dak had a pretty good season?"

You asked "When was the last time?" I answered "2023".

You then asked "What QBs benefited from it that year? I answered "Dak".

Why ask questions I'd you're just going to get all emotional when they are answered, bro?

You are absolutely correct sir.

So was there ever another quarterback in history that only became an All Pro due to bad pass defenses??

And the only emotion I feel when players are lied on, is laughter. Because production says otherwise.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You are absolutely correct sir.

So was there ever another quarterback in history that only became an All Pro due to bad pass defenses??
All I know is Dak became All-Pro in a year where the Cowboys faced the 32nd ranked pass defense schedule. Dead last in the NFL.

Has any other QB became all pro with that type of advantage? I have no idea. I just know Dak did.

GINeric

Reaction score
All I know is Dak became All-Pro in a year where the Cowboys faced the 32nd ranked pass defense schedule. Dead last in the NFL.

Has any other QB became all pro with that type of advantage? I have no idea. I just know Dak did.

That's fair.

I'll say this. There is a team in the league who plays the 32 ranked pass defense schedule. For some reason, their quarterbacks haven't been able to become All Pro like Dak did.

So it must be harder than it appears or we would have more of a variety of quarterbacks becoming All Pro every season once they finished a schedule with the last ranked pass defenses.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
That's fair.

I'll say this. There is a team in the league who plays the 32 ranked pass defense schedule. For some reason, their quarterbacks haven't been able to become All Pro like Dak did.

So it must be harder than it appears or we would have more of a variety of quarterbacks becoming All Pro every season once they finished a schedule with the last ranked pass defenses.
This is another example of the good fortune that has followed Dak in his career.

QB who is above average in some respects, but fatally flawed in others is lucky to land on a team that allows him to look very good, earn 100's of millions, but fail to achieve great success.

Down the road to last season that same QB, who has a very good supporting cast and a very favorable schedule. looks very good, but fails to achieve great success.

If we could have played the 32 ranked defense in the playoffs I'm sure we would have advanced. Well.... maybe.

GINeric

Reaction score
This is another example of the good fortune that has followed Dak in his career.

QB who is above average in some respects, but fatally flawed in others is lucky to land on a team that allows him to look very good, earn 100's of millions, but fail to achieve great success.

Down the road to last season that same QB, who has a very good supporting cast and a very favorable schedule. looks very good, but fails to achieve great success.

If we could have played the 32 ranked defense in the playoffs I'm sure we would have advanced. Well.... maybe.

The league has been around for 100 years. There have been tens of thousands of quarterbacks in that time frame.

Since Dak has been in the league, there have been thousands of quarterbacks.... there are around 96 quarterbacks who play in the NFL every season....

So you're telling me Dak is the first quarterback in history to have enough "good fortune" to have become All Pro without a running game?

We all agree that Dak isn't elite and most likely won't lead us to a championship, but....

Cmon bro.... this is reaching at its finest right here to discredit a player's accomplishment and ability.

shabazz

Reaction score
I mean hate comes with being a Cowboys QB. I think Dak knows better than anyone. Just gotta prove them wrong it’s all you can do no one is gonna shed a tear or feel bad for someone who gets 50 million a year.
As you know, I believe we can do better at the qb position, but with the changes in Oline and failure to address the Rb dilemma, I don't see how Rayne can have an MVP season......he's set up for failure and this season schedule isn't gonna help it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As you know, I believe we can do better at the qb position, but with the changes in Oline and failure to address the Rb dilemma, I don't see how Rayne can have an MVP season......he's set up for failure and this season schedule isn't gonna help it.
I'm not putting money on it.

But I'll say this.......

One thing I know about the NFL is it never goes thew way it's suppose to go.

It doesn't look good for us or this team.....that's typically when they overachieve.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The league has been around for 100 years. There have been tens of thousands of quarterbacks in that time frame.

Since Dak has been in the league, there have been thousands of quarterbacks.... there are around 96 quarterbacks who play in the NFL every season....

So you're telling me Dak is the first quarterback in history to have enough "good fortune" to have become All Pro without a running game?

We all agree that Dak isn't elite and most likely won't lead us to a championship, but....

Cmon bro.... this is reaching at its finest right here to discredit a player's accomplishment and ability.
HE's not being truthful to himself. I get the hate Dak train but it doesn't have to be hate when you cloud common sense lol. They come up with all these excuses to why he was 2nd Team All Pro.....he can be a 2nd Team All Pro and they can still think he sucks lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's fair.

Great point. They act like this is the first time someone has faced the 32nd worse defense...mind you nobody factors in all those games where Dak only played 3 quarters. Also shouldn't whoever face the 32nd ranked pass defense be all pro every year?