Dak Prescott Not MVP Candidate? QB Left Off NFL Rankings

GINeric

Reaction score
Great point. They act like this is the first time someone has faced the 32nd worse defense...mind you nobody factors in all those games where Dak only played 3 quarters. Also shouldn't whoever face the 32nd ranked pass defense be all pro every year?

EXXXXAAAACTLY!!!!

But there hasn't been ONE person to explain this. A team plays the worst ranked pass defense every season..... so why aren't the quarterbacks of those teams instant, automatically All Pros like they're trying to portray Dak as????

They act as if what Dak has done was an easy task. It's ok to give the man credit when plays well. If a person can hop on his *** when he plays poorly (and rightfully so), be man or woman enough to give him credit when he plays well.

That's the problem with a few "alleged" Cowboys fans around here. When Dak plays bad or even when he plays good and we lose..... the hounds come out. Every loss is Dak's fault in their eyes.

But when Dak does something well and plays well while we're on winning streaks, those same "alleged" Cowboys fans hide without posting until the next loss and the credit for helping us win NEVER goes to Dak.

He's the first quarterback in history to have new categories designed just for his judgment and the first quarterback in history that has been blamed for all losses and not credited with any wins. All our wins were because of the rest of the team apparently.....

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Most gambling sites have Dak in the 8-10 range in MVP odds FWIW. Pretty much everyone has Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Love, Burrow, Stroud ahead of him and then Dak is mixed in somewhere in the next tier with Herbert, Purdy, Hurts, Rodgers. Dak probably should make a top 10 list, but it's not crazy for them to leave him out as general consensus seems to be that he's closer to #10 than #1.

In the original article I'm more shocked about some of who they included in the list than them leaving Dak off.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I mean this predates Dak. Choking in the playoffs is what we’ve done for 28 years. To put that in perspective….Dak is 30 lol.
But what does that have to do with anything? Man your "arguments" are getting weirder by the minute.

So Dak owns 8 years of those 28 years. With all the good and the bad (loved watching him in 2016 or the first half of the 21 season for example). Nothing more, nothing less. This thread was about his MVP "candidacy" and not about his predecessors. @Aerolithe_Lion made a very reasonable post to explain this position and you didn't even reflect on it when replying. Have you moved into the Dakster weirdo camp? You were one of the more moderate posters around here as far as I remember.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's fair.

I'll say this. There is a team in the league who plays the 32 ranked pass defense schedule. For some reason, their quarterbacks haven't been able to become All Pro like Dak did.

So it must be harder than it appears or we would have more of a variety of quarterbacks becoming All Pro every season once they finished a schedule with the last ranked pass defenses.
Or...the elite QBs that are constantly facing a tougher schedule due to past team success, continue to put up great numbers against tougher defenses, because they're actually really good, end up getting the All-Pro nods.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, Pappy strikes again. Are you going to start a thread in week 10 when he is on the real list?
For the teams sake I hope he is but my little Rambo killer not many Dogs on the schedule this coming season and he's got lesser talent to carry him.
Get those machine guns ready Rambo as you might be under attack by week 10 from those pesty Dak haters!!! :muttley:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But what does that have to do with anything? Man your "arguments" are getting weirder by the minute.

So Dak owns 8 years of those 28 years. With all the good and the bad (loved watching him in 2016 or the first half of the 21 season for example). Nothing more, nothing less. This thread was about his MVP "candidacy" and not about his predecessors. @Aerolithe_Lion made a very reasonable post to explain this position and you didn't even reflect on it when replying. Have you moved into the Dakster weirdo camp? You were one of the more moderate posters around here as far as I remember.
And how do you suppose I “reflect” on his post? I’m always in the weirdo camp lol…..anyone pro Dak is a weirdo to you guys on this site so I’m there already lol.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
They did. I simply was asking a question. You’re anti Dak so I expect you to accept any explanation they give.
True, I do not believe in Dak and have been proven correct. Has nothing to do with the discussion.

@Aerolithe_Lion & @MountaineerCowboy responded to your questions with well stated explanations yet you continued to ask the same questions and defend as if If they had not addressed the issue.

Seemed you couldn't refute their basis and instead chose to badger them. We don't always agree but you generally will concede\acknowledge when someone has a valid line of reasoning. Don't become one of the defenders that can't accept anything that isn't 100% pro Dak.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Nope, just not many folks here believe in him and Hate has nothing to do with it!!!!
Take that HATE elsewhere as it does not belong here.
He FAILED.........End of story!
Post your poll, pappy.

Show them how the people that believe in Dak are in the minority around here and it’s not even close.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Unknown OL, no RB's, no WR2. Is this team all in, or is there a malcontent or 3 due to contracts? Unknown D? Lots of potential factors let alone the obvious ones stated already

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Nah, no need as a dozen of the Dakdavidians are left here, and honestly reading what they post brings laughter galore!
We are either Haters or Eagles fans whatever they can lie about as they are desperate and it shows.
Only a matter of time now till Dakko is R.I.P. from Dallas and may they follow him to his new team where (trust me on this one) they will encounter the same negative comments on Dak as he has no business starting in the NFL.
The Eagles fan insult is my favorite.

They think the Cowboys biggest division rival wants a literally loser like Dak gone lololol

Eagles fans hope Dak plays for the Cowboys for 20 more years because Dak guarantees the Cowboys are always pretenders.