Dak Prescott now number 1 in the NFL in completion percentage

Ken

Reaction score
Who here remembers that guy who repeatedly posted over the summer that "Dak doesn't throw a catchable ball.."

Dude where you at these days?

Please bring us some of your humorous explanations for how a guy who can't read defenses and doesn't throw catchable balls is now top 3 in passer rating, completion percentage, QBR, and #6 in yards per attempt.. You know as in "NOT dink and dunk."

Please come forth and dazzle us with your unparalleled QB knowledge. I would call you out by name but I honestly don't remember it. But you know who you are!
Little known fact that he led the league in Completion percentage going into the last game last year and then fell...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes two or three.

So be a real man and say what you mean. If you can...be a man.

Be mindful that you have to submit actual REAL proof of your accusations. Cite the sources you object to. Don't just say you object.

You signed up for and fought for constitutional rights for us all. Well then act like it. Act like you MEANT it if you can't live it.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is a contract year for Dak he's putting in big numbers like he did last time but like many have mentioned let's see what he does in January
He has another year on his contract. You can’t call it a contract year, that would be next year. I get it, anything to let’s you talk bad about Dak even if you’re wrong

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He has another year on his contract. You can’t call it a contract year, that would be next year. I get it, anything to let’s you talk bad about Dak even if you’re wrong
imagine in todays "Everything at your fingertips" world being too lazy to look up facts to make a statement...

ArtClink

Reaction score
Who here remembers that guy who repeatedly posted over the summer that "Dak doesn't throw a catchable ball.."

Please bring us some of your humorous explanations for how a guy who can't read defenses and doesn't throw catchable balls is now top 3 in passer rating, completion percentage, QBR, and #6 in yards per attempt.. You know as in "NOT dink and dunk."

Please come forth and dazzle us with your unparalleled QB knowledge. I would call you out by name but I honestly don't remember it. But you know who you are!
Thank you for this post!

It seems that using facts in a post here can really anger select fans that would somehow wish the Cowboys would win but not with Dak. They’d rather embrace their hate than celebrate Dak’s achievements.

- Dak won the Cowboys first road playoff game since Aikman
- Dak is a great leader
- Dak would hold the record for most passing yards in a single season (was within 5 yds of breaking Romo’s record) and Jerry and Garrett kept calling running plays to preserve Romo’s record
- Dak only needs one more playoff win to break Romo’s illustrious playoff wins.
- Romo was admittedly the better passer
- Dak actually shows up every training camp in top condition while Romo never kept himself in shape the last five years
- It is complete bs that Romo never played w as much talent as Dak plays with. Parcells built a great roster for Romo.
- Dak is extremely underappreciated
- Dak still has more chapters to write so I’m looking fwd to see what he accomplishes

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How is "dak the guy".

What has he won for us?

I don't expect him to have to be "the guy". But it is true he hasn't yet been.
I hate oversimplifying logic like this. Let’s follow your logic line. There are 3 current active starting QBs with rings (Mahomes, Stafford, Wilson). Those are the only guys that have “won for their teams” as you said. Burrow nope, hurts nope, Lamar nope, Herbert nope, Dak nope, Watson nope…. You get my point. There is only 1 winner per year. And yet you have a list of about 10-12 QBs that realistically have a chance to help their team win a SB per year. All of those probowl level QBs are “the guy” for their respective franchises. We have one of the better ones in the league. All we can do is hope him and the rest of his team are firing during the playoffs and can get it done.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll step up. Dak is a good QB when he doesn't have pressure or zone. I've always said he is mediocre when it counts. He's 10th-15th rank and always will be. I don't care that he has a good season here and there or his stats are awesome vs terrible teams.

These threads just go in my favorites folder so I can bump them at the end of the season when he chokes miserably or in 5 years when he is no longer QB and didn't amount to anything other than pretty stats for you Dak homers to drool over.

Dak is a waste of 10+ years.
Your response makes me feel you don’t know how to properly evaluate qb play and you’re one of those guys who think “x qb won the game so he’s better” which is stupidity at its finest. Saying 10-15 is laughable because there is no film in existence that shows 14 QBs currently playing football at a higher level than Dak. Please educate yourself

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The voice of reason. For some reason though, some here don’t want to factor in strength of opponent.

I guess if Pollard gets 100 yards against the Panthers 26th ranked run defense we can get him into the MVP conversation.
This is such a lazy take because you pretend that Dak is the only one who plays bad teams. Yep all the other top QBs only play playoffs teams all 17 games. Only good old Dakota gets to play weaker teams. Allen hurts Burrow all those guys only play against the 1985 bears every week. TOTALLY!!!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate oversimplifying logic like this. Let’s follow your logic line. There are 3 current active starting QBs with rings (Mahomes, Stafford, Wilson). Those are the only guys that have “won for their teams” as you said. Burrow nope, hurts nope, Lamar nope, Herbert nope, Dak nope, Watson nope…. You get my point. There is only 1 winner per year. And yet you have a list of about 10-12 QBs that realistically have a chance to help their team win a SB per year. All of those probowl level QBs are “the guy” for their respective franchises. We have one of the better ones in the league. All we can do is hope him and the rest of his team are firing during the playoffs and can get it done.
I agree with you. It is a HIGH BAR!

So lets act like it.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree with you. It is a HIGH BAR!

So lets act like it.
It is a high bar but does that mean only Wilson Mahomes and Stafford are good and the other 29 starters are trash? No. Because Wilson and Stafford are both playing bad right now honestly and have for 2 years running. However it’s true that their teams did win a ring in their respective years. We can’t boil arguments down to “if you have a ring you’re good and if you don’t you’re not”. It’s far much more nuanced than that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a high bar but does that mean only Wilson Mahomes and Stafford are good and the other 29 starters are trash? No. Because Wilson and Stafford are both playing bad right now honestly and have for 2 years running. However it’s true that their teams did win a ring in their respective years. We can’t boil arguments down to “if you have a ring you’re good and if you don’t you’re not”. It’s far much more nuanced than that.
It is a HIGH BAR!

Nuanced? Sure. Marino was not trash. It shows how hard it is. Marino takes his lumps. Romo Takes his lumps. Dak should too...with out a pampering bay sitting.

For now anyway.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score

Ronald flying high …. I am happy for you actually. Last year when you had to disappear for a few weeks after bad take after bad take that was brutal for you. Happy Dak is top of all the rankings for you … but i am happier Dallas is winning. I know that is second for some of you.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
I never paid attention to Aikman's stats. I was confident in him because I saw him play well in the biggest of games. Staubach, too.

Some folks seem to need to keep reassuring themselves with Dak's stats. Probably because we've seen him in the biggest of games.

I don't care about Dak's stats. He lights up bad teams - cool. Do it in the biggest of games and win them. Otherwise, I don't care.
So true.

plasticman

Reaction score
So you wanna give us the grades of the offensive line, the running back,s and the defenses in all those games because they were not great either against the 49ers. I don't care how well you remember the defense playing... I remember them giving up some big plays and leaving opportunities on the field.. they literally have not played well against the 49ers as a team that's the problem we keep judging this by a single player, we need a stronger offensive line which would lead to a better run game which should lead to a better passing game which would give us a better shot at winning if at that same moment the defense shows up you know we call that, team...

This team has not elevated their game against the 49ers or any big front seven on defense they literally get stood up and beat at the LOS...

and I'll SAY anyone blaming Prescott for that 2021 performance doesn't remember the 14 penalties 11 of which were up front not having a run game to play calling with suspect why do we keep bringing up just the quarterback show me the ratings of everyone else that didn't play well including the coaches... There has been a glaring problem against the 49ers but also against the Rams in 2018 there also was no run game and in that game the defense played like crud so yeah people blaming our January issues on the quarterback has been a tradition around here and they forget that there's more to the team besides the quarterback..
. "However, no one can say that the Cowboys lost these two games because of Dak exclusively."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes two or three.

So be a real man and say what you mean. If you can...be a man.

Be mindful that you have to submit actual REAL proof of your accusations. Cite the sources you object to. Don't just say you object.

You signed up for and fought for constitutional rights for us all. Well then act like it. Act like you MEANT it if you can't live it.
Talk big behind your keyboard don’t you. So scary.