Dak Prescott Sets NFL Passing-Rushing TD Record Cam Newton and Mike Vick Never Could

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then Dak is one of two people ever to have 19 and 5 in three consecutive seasons to start their career.

Happy now?
Sigh. The point is that these are fairly ordinary numbers put together in a certain way that limits the people on the list, with the implicit conclusion that "this is impressive." It's not particularly impressive. It's the result of a few fluky things.

There are four reasons Dak is the only one in this "club".
1. He's rushed for exactly 6 TDs each season. That's fine. Most QBs have traditionally not run that much at the end zone: they pass or hand off for their TDs.
2. He started immediately for a good team. It's very rare for a strong team to throw in a rookie QB: usually rookie starters are with lousy teams.
3. Passing numbers are way way up. 22 TD passes was a lot for guys 20+ years ago, so they don't make this list. But it's a ho-hum number nowadays. Dak's 22 passing TDs were 16th in the league (and there were two guys who reached 21 in only 11 games). Compare to 1992, when Steve Young led the league with 25.
4. He's been healthy. This one is to his credit. But it's also true that the reason he hit 20 passing TDs this season is that he played the meaningless week 17 game.

Summing up, this stat says that Dak is a durable QB who started immediately for a good team, is used in a fairly unusual way near the goal line, and manages to pass a fairly low bar on passing performance. It doesn't say, wow, he's a great QB.

Cebrin

Reaction score
He was being sarcastic lol. And even if he wasn't sarcastic...how was did one sarcastic post turn into a room full of haters?
I said I love the haters, not the room full of haters? There was also someone who said "We'll see what he does next year." I'll forgive your hyperbole, if you forgive mine, I guess? I was tipsy :muttley:

RD21

Reaction score
Cool stat (not a record). Hope it translates into multiple wins this month, & one next month. Otherwise, it's worthless, like all the other stats.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All QBs are considered leaders in their own rights, doubt anyone would consider that as a primary differentiator. Would you say Dak is a better leader than Aaron Rodgers, hence a better QB? Aaron is known for being a diva but nobody is debating he's not a top3 QB in this league.

To say Dak plays behind a marginal o-line is very inaccurate. Dak is the primary reason the Cowboys lead the league in sacks allowed, he has poor pocket awareness, holds on to the ball for too long and tends to leave the pocket prematurely (doesn't step up).

27-20 was Mark Sanchez record in his first 3 years but everyone knew the Jets were winning in spite of him and not because of him. The Cowboys relay more in Zeke running the football than Dak is making plays, he's not consistent enough as a passer to be the reason they are winning like the guy (Tom Brady) you just compared him to in wins and losses.
That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. You obviously have no clue what leadership is all about.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott went into the NFL record books today, having at least 20 touchdown passes and five rushing touchdowns in each of his first three seasons.

What makes the stat even more impressive is that no other quarterback in the history of the league has done this in consecutive seasons. Amazingly, Prescott has done it in all three of his NFL seasons.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/pos...d-record-cam-newton-and-mike-vick-never-could
I wonder how many running QBs have won a SB?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'll be honest.

I never thought Newton or Vick were really good NFL QBs anyway. They were great athletes and highlight reel type players but I never considered them great QBs in the mold of guys like Rodgers or Brady.
I agree. Newton is a freak athletically, but a complete numbskull.

mardwin

Reaction score
That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. You obviously have no clue what leadership is all about.

NFL teams don't pay a premium for leadership if it doesn't translate into performance on the field but I let you play GM and give Dak $30M for his unquantifiable leadership.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All QBs are considered leaders in their own rights, doubt anyone would consider that as a primary differentiator. Would you say Dak is a better leader than Aaron Rodgers, hence a better QB? Aaron is known for being a diva but nobody is debating he's not a top3 QB in this league.

To say Dak plays behind a marginal o-line is very inaccurate. Dak is the primary reason the Cowboys lead the league in sacks allowed, he has poor pocket awareness, holds on to the ball for too long and tends to leave the pocket prematurely (doesn't step up).

27-20 was Mark Sanchez record in his first 3 years but everyone knew the Jets were winning in spite of him and not because of him. The Cowboys relay more in Zeke running the football than Dak is making plays, he's not consistent enough as a passer to be the reason they are winning like the guy (Tom Brady) you just compared him to in wins and losses.

You cant be serious. All QB's are leaders and its all the same?

Never mind.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol, what a hypocrite, smh.

Someone posts stats that put Dak in a positive light and you come trolling out “ooooh, d0nt llet theZe stATs ruin da hAterz naruhtive!!”

Then someone posts stats you don’t like and you got ready-made excuses lined up “but he’s in his 3rd year, marginal o-line, these stats don’t capture Dak’s heart and leadership!”

Zeke? I didn't even mention Zeke. What are you talking about?

What stat didn't I like? Middle of the road passing numbers are fine considering the circumstances. Simply pointing out that if all you look at is throwing stats your missing the boat. Which most of you petty trolls do.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
and yet only 8 of those wins were against teams that finished the season with winning record. See its easy to play "stats" game

Was it the Cowboys doing that the teams played had losing records? It is so easy to spew this nonsense when trying to denigrate the team. Some of those "losing" teams were predicted to be much better than their records. If it makes you feel better, put an asterisk beside each game that did not meet your qualifications.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It fits their narritive....

It is not a narrative, the facts go along with the content of his statement. If Dak had better numbers, they would be quoted. The OP stated a factual piece of information and all of the sudden, an agenda begins.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NFL teams don't pay a premium for leadership if it doesn't translate into performance on the field but I let you play GM and give Dak $30M for his unquantifiable leadership.
Who said anything about 30m except you? Again, you have no clue what leadership means.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You may not place importance to the record but it's not imaginary.

I do not understand his logic, Dak has only played three seasons. Stats work this way, they add up as you produce them.

mardwin

Reaction score
Who said anything about 30m except you? Again, you have no clue what leadership means.

Again nobody is paying a premium for leadership, don't believe me? Look at the Winston in Tampa, look at Carr in Oakland, look at Rodgers in Green Bay. Look at Quincy Carter with Dallas!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Again nobody is paying a premium for leadership, don't believe me? Look at the Winston in Tampa, look at Carr in Oakland, look at Rodgers in Green Bay. Look at Quincy Carter with Dallas!
For the 3rd time you have no clue what leadership means so just cut your losses about it. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Trendnet

Reaction score
How do you measure intangibles and leadership? They dont have a QB rating for that.

I think with a marginal Oline, average throwing stats are what you would expect for a 3rd year QB. Using his legs he is top 5. Clutch he has to be top 5. Leadership and winning he has to be top 5.

IcgGqU.png

iW5Fu37

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Agreed and Dak being a bargain right now at 750 k compared to guys getting 28 mil lets us put a pretty good team around him . We tried it the other way and could never build a good enough defense around Tony . I want to see how this plays out with Dak at a good price and the ability to really afford stability at other important positions
I saw a header posted up on the Drudge Report the other day, where the New England TOM BRADY'S are only paying their Tom Brady 15 million per season,where additional gedius was based on performance incentives
( he was to have been ranked within the top 5 q.b. categories in something like 5 separate casing-liners,,,he'd came up way short, edging into 7th place in only 1 of those 5 prerequisites)
That's exactly the type of contract SKY BOX COMMAND should put together ( in a monetarily handsome fashion) and present to the #4 ,this off season( the talent of footballish gamers like him, demand every effort in the zig& zag of contract negotiations, as certain players must be retained, same goes for our #11)