Dak Prescott to join Ezekiel Elliott in being done for preseason

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Then you deal with it but there is a big difference between pre season that counts for nothing and reg season where every game counts. Damn you guys do not know the difference between games that actually matter vs a pre season game that in the end means nothing. If Dak plays and does great guess what it does not matter no one will give a rats butt about it.
You don’t understand Practice. No athlete just plays games. You practice and play practice games to get better for the regular season. You don’t seem to understand the concept of practice, especially practice games for a starting QB. Even Brady needs live repetitions to prepare for the regular season, but not our starting QB?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You don’t understand Practice. No athlete just plays games. You practice and play practice games to get better for the regular season. You don’t seem to understand the concept of practice, especially practice games for a starting QB. Even Brady needs live repetitions to prepare for the regular season, but not our starting QB?

I love it when some piss ant tells others they don't understand. Dallas is not going to risk Dak period. Those who don't like it that is your problem

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The beginning of the end of preseason games. All teams will be doing this next year.
Only if there is a new rule that forces coaches to sit their starters. If given the choice smart coaches, Belicheat, will play his starters at least the 1st half of at least 2 preseason games. It’s called preparation at game speed. Jerry doesn’t understand the concept.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I love it when some piss ant tells others they don't understand. Dallas is not going to risk Dak period. Those who don't like it that is your problem
Sorry if I hurt your feelings. It doesn’t matter what I think. Every HC, except Jerry, thinks it is worth the risk to prepare their starting QB for the regular season by starting them in the 3rd preseason game and playing them for 2-3 quarters. The HC’s around the league are telling you, you don’t understand, not me!!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Only if there is a new rule that forces coaches to sit their starters. If given the choice smart coaches, Belicheat, will play his starters at least the 1st half of at least 2 preseason games. It’s called preparation at game speed. Jerry doesn’t understand the concept.

Brady typically plays in two preseason games. He didn't even play in the first preseason game this year. Last year, he played two possessions in one game and less than one half in another game. He didn't play in the others.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sorry if I hurt your feelings. It doesn’t matter what I think. Every HC, except Jerry, thinks it is worth the risk to prepare their starting QB for the regular season by starting them in the 3rd preseason game and playing them for 2-3 quarters. The HC’s around the league are telling you, you don’t understand, not me!!

and teams alter what they do in pre season based on injuries. the 2 qrt of play is not some magic bullet and when weighing the pros vs the con sorry it is not worth putting the QB at risk. If OL was in tact I'm sure they would play him. Now should Dallas go ahead of play Dak Sunday I would hope you will come in and praise them but I highly doubt you will do that

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
and teams alter what they do in pre season based on injuries. the 2 qrt of play is not some magic bullet and when weighing the pros vs the con sorry it is not worth putting the QB at risk. If OL was in tact I'm sure they would play him. Now should Dallas go ahead of play Dak Sunday I would hope you will come in and praise them but I highly doubt you will do that
If we do what every other team in the NFL does and plays their starting QB in the 3rd preseason game for 1-3 quarters, I will start a post congratulating Jerry, but I really shouldn’t have too. Also, we should be challenging Looney and Fleming this week. “This is your chance as a starter, make the most of it, we are counting on you to protect Dak”. This is an example of Garrett/Jerry going soft on their players. Fleming was good enough to block for Brady in the Super Bowl, but our coaches can’t coach him up enough, to block for Dak in a preseason game. Also, Dak is a big strong sturdy athlete. Let him get out their and get some really important preparation at game speed. The reward is worth the risk to every team in the NFL, but us. That should tell you everything.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Brady typically plays in two preseason games. He didn't even play in the first preseason game this year. Last year, he played two possessions in one game and less than one half in another game. He didn't play in the others.
What has Brady done this year in preseason? Threw 26 passes in 1 preseason game. How many passes will Dak throw this whole preseason? Preparation at game speed! Brady needs it, but not Dak? Really

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If we do what every other team in the NFL does and plays their starting QB in the 3rd preseason game for 1-3 quarters, I will start a post congratulating Jerry, but I really shouldn’t have too. Also, we should be challenging Looney and Fleming this week. “This is your chance as a starter, make the most of it, we are counting on you to protect Dak”. This is an example of Garrett/Jerry going soft on their players. Fleming was good enough to block for Brady in the Super Bowl, but our coaches can’t coach him up enough, to block for Dak in a preseason game. Also, Dak is a big strong sturdy athlete. Let him get out their and get some really important preparation at game speed. The reward is worth the risk to every team in the NFL, but us. That should tell you everything.

Challenge Looney is taking the spot of Frederick and right now Damien Mama is taking over for Martin not Fleming. Fleming is the swing tackle who has filled in for Tyron Smith. Again this is just a means to attack the coaches as if you could coach your way out of a paper bag. It is funny hearing wanna bes act as if they had a clue, just a bunch of mouthing off. This place has become a means for fans to gripe. Hell find a team you can actually support who runs the team the way you feel it should be done.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Protection over preparation.

With the complete garbage they have at the skill positions they need every rep they can get in games that don't count.

But...that would be a man's way of thinking.

Unbelievable that Zeke sits out the entire preseason. He's healthy, no medical issues whatsoever, and he doesn't get on the field at all because of fear.

Yeah, we'd like to prepare for the season and everything but what if we get hurt?

This is seriously one of the most ridiculous things yet in this God forsaken Jerry era.
Apparently things are still the same....I wonder if I'll be tempted to watch a game this year?

cern

Reaction score
Risk/reward. The reward is nothing. Preseason games don't count. The risk is losing the starting qb or rb. The risk just isn't worth it.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
There will be no Ezekiel Elliott this preseason, and Dak Prescott is officially done.

The All-Pro running back for the Dallas Cowboys made it clear following the preseason opener that despite the plague of injuries around the league to begin the month of August, he expected he'd remain on the usual path of playing in the third contest of the month when the team hosts the Arizona Cardinals on Aug. 26, noting how injuries are a part of the game. Although that's very true, it's the ones that have now happened to the Cowboys' themselves that has them changing course when it comes to their franchise halfback, owner Jerry Jones being very decisive following their battle with the Cincinnati Bengals that saw All-Pro guard Zack Martin leave with a knee injury.

"I don't need to see anymore of [Ezekiel Elliott] until Carolina," said Jones, when asked if there'd be an appearance by Elliott in what's routinely labeled as the "dress rehearsal".

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...down-for-preseason-per-Jerry-Jones-120880900/

This is the team admitting they have **** for backups and they can't afford any injuries. The reason Tom Brady can play in a preseason game is because the Pats can fill an entire roster and not just 22 guys.

Remind me who is responsible for the depth on this team? The same guy that's supposedly been drafting so well?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Then you deal with it but there is a big difference between pre season that counts for nothing and reg season where every game counts. Damn you guys do not know the difference between games that actually matter vs a pre season game that in the end means nothing. If Dak plays and does great guess what it does not matter no one will give a rats butt about it.
I think everyone knows the ps games dont count or mean anything, or I hope so.
What the deal is people think dak and others need the work to be ready for the game 1 that does mean something.

I agree, that if fred and martin wont play, or even tyron, then Dak should not play either.

I think Dak and the receivers need the work, but as it is, they will just have to prepare in practice sessions.
I am going to see how much Cam plays in ps, then after game 1 we can see if it matters or not.

Brady plays cause he is crazy, he wants to be as ready as possible for game 1.
The one thing that does is motivate all the other players on the team to try just as hard as him to be ready also.
Tom wants another ring, I dont know why lol but he wants another 1 or 2.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Challenge Looney is taking the spot of Frederick and right now Damien Mama is taking over for Martin not Fleming. Fleming is the swing tackle who has filled in for Tyron Smith. Again this is just a means to attack the coaches as if you could coach your way out of a paper bag. It is funny hearing wanna bes act as if they had a clue, just a bunch of mouthing off. This place has become a means for fans to gripe. Hell find a team you can actually support who runs the team the way you feel it should be done.
Again, sorry to hurt your feelings. I am not an NFL coach, but all the NFL coaches feel the same way as I do, except Jerry and Garrett. The risk is worth the reward for every coach in the NFL except ours. Don’t argue with me argue with them. I’m just the messenger.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
What the deal is people think dak and others need the work to be ready for the game 1 that does mean something.

I agree, that if fred and martin wont play, or even tyron, then Dak should not play either.

I think Dak and the receivers need the work, but as it is, they will just have to prepare in practice sessions.
I am going to see how much Cam plays in ps, then after game 1 we can see if it matters or not.

The one thing that does is motivate all the other players on the team to try just as hard as him to be ready also.
Brady isn’t crazy. He’s a competitor. Every competitor wants to play preseason or not. I’m a huge Dak fan. He should be pounding on Jerry/Garrett’s door letting them know he wants to be as prepared as possible by playing in this preseason game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

They are not stopping working on things they need to work on, they are choosing not to play Dak for 2 qrts. Sorry don't think that is the end of the season. Dak has played in the 1st 2 games and now with a rash of injuries Dallas is choosing not to risk it. I don't blame them. Like any other fan of course I want to watch them in this game after all it will not be as interesting not seeing them but given the current situation I understand. Meantime they will continue to work during the week.