Dak Prescott to join Ezekiel Elliott in being done for preseason

joseephuss

Reaction score
Well we dont know, I havent paid any attention to what they look like, but often times these type injuries where nothing really happened,
are due to poor conditioning and being overweight.

I've seen many torn ACL injuries occur where it appeared nothing really happened. The defender hit Martin just as his leg was planted. It happens and has nothing to do with his conditioning.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Everything you do to get better helps. The Patriots realize this? Do we? Though I don’t condone the out and out cheating the Patriots have done in the past.

I call this nothing but playing scared. I don't think the Cowboys ever sat Murray or Romo during the preseason unless they were already hurt, hell Romo played the preseason coming off major back surgery. Do the Cowboys really think Dak is that fragile that he can't play a series or two with a couple of backups on the O-line, my gosh he could hand the ball off 80% of the plays and throw a couple of quick WR screens to get rid of the ball quickly, wouldn't be much of an offence but at least it would be game action. This is a big mistake by our coaching staff

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I call this nothing but playing scared. I don't think the Cowboys ever sat Murray or Romo during the preseason unless they were already hurt, hell Romo played the preseason coming off major back surgery. Do the Cowboys really think Dak is that fragile that he can't play a series or two with a couple of backups on the O-line, my gosh he could hand the ball off 80% of the plays and throw a couple of quick WR screens to get rid of the ball quickly, wouldn't be much of an offence but at least it would be game action. This is a big mistake by our coaching staff

and 2 qrts will do exactly what? Big mistake is putting key players out there with top ol players out. If you did not notice White and Rush were barely able to get plays off but we are to expose the QB for what reason exactly? What they give out awards for pre season. If Dak fails he fails I will not put that on the 3rd pre season game and if he has success no one will give a damn about the pre season. All this is, is a means for people to bash the Cowboys. Hell that is all this sight is good for to slam Dallas no matter what.

Them

Reaction score
I don't agree with that Jerry logic, Tom Brady played a whole half last week and threw 26 passes, are they putting bubble wrap on him, he's a hall of famer......both Dak and Zeke should be playing in the third game that's usually the one that dress rehearsal football is played where team actually scheme...if you're a heavy running team as Dallas is, you need to get in a rhythm on offense with your line and starting running back needs to be conditioned to taking hits every down.....there's a reason why Dallas has been slow starting the season running the football.....
...true about Brady...but in my eyes...Tom already has his SBs...if he gets hurt, the Pats will just keep on winning as always...Dallas's own Dak and Zeke on the other hand...well you know, "the rest of the story.":star:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Excellent response and so true, preseason has nothing to do with the Patriots years of success. More than likely it’s the Hall of Fame coach and quarterback that is the common denominator regarding the teams success. Oh and before we forget, they play in the AFC East, a division that they have owned for several years.
Preseason has nothing to do with the Pats success!!! You are so wrong. Everything the Pats do to prepare to be successful in the preseason helps them be successful during the regular season. A QB needs preseason snaps to simulate game situations. NE and every other team in the NFL realizes this. Some of our fans think they are smarter than every NFL HC. Well of course except our HC, Jerry!!!

Them

Reaction score
...I don't mind Dak getting the rust off, but please don't play Jas Greene at OT while Dak is on the field...that is all!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
and 2 qrts will do exactly what? Big mistake is putting key players out there with top ol players out. If you did not notice White and Rush were barely able to get plays off but we are to expose the QB for what reason exactly? What they give out awards for pre season. If Dak fails he fails I will not put that on the 3rd pre season game and if he has success no one will give a damn about the pre season. All this is, is a means for people to bash the Cowboys. Hell that is all this sight is good for to slam Dallas no matter what.
What if those top players are also out to start the season? Bigger mistake to go into the season having not played with your backups especially in this case where Dak would need to know what they can do. Better yet everytime we lose a starter we should just sit the rest of our top players so they don't get hurt and we can just play our backups

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Preseason has nothing to do with the Pats success!!! You are so wrong. Everything the Pats do to prepare to be successful in the preseason helps them be successful during the regular season. A QB needs preseason snaps to simulate game situations. NE and every other team in the NFL realizes this. Some of our fans think they are smarter than every NFL HC. Well of course except our HC, Jerry!!!

No not smarter but why the hell would I expose a QB, the OL was unable to give decent protection for Rush or White. So put Dak out there let him take the hits yeah that is real frieken smart.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
No not smarter but why the hell would I expose a QB, the OL was unable to give decent protection for Rush or White. So put Dak out there let him take the hits yeah that is real frieken smart.
Well if that is the case wouldn't it be better for Dak to learn to deal with it now? because if Martin and Freddy are out to start the season do you really want Dak to have to learn how to deal with it in game 1 of the season?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What if those top players are also out to start the season? Bigger mistake to go into the season having not played with your backups especially in this case where Dak would need to know what they can do. Better yet everytime we lose a starter we should just sit the rest of our top players so they don't get hurt and we can just play our backups

Then you deal with it but there is a big difference between pre season that counts for nothing and reg season where every game counts. Damn you guys do not know the difference between games that actually matter vs a pre season game that in the end means nothing. If Dak plays and does great guess what it does not matter no one will give a rats butt about it.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
...true about Brady...but in my eyes...Tom already has his SBs...if he gets hurt, the Pats will just keep on winning as always...Dallas's own Dak and Zeke on the other hand...well you know, "the rest of the story.":star:
It's not Just the Pats. EVERY team in the league is playing their starting QB in the 3rd preseason game. You can call it a meaningless game if you want, but you’d be wrong. IT’s called preparation for the regular season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well if that is the case wouldn't it be better for Dak to learn to deal with it now? because if Martin and Freddy are out to start the season do you really want Dak to have to learn how to deal with it in game 1 of the season?

Deal with what? getting hit? Frederick, Martin will be there Sept 9th and game will matter until then win or lose in the pre season game, Dak playing in game 3 even if he plays great will not matter.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Then you deal with it but there is a big difference between pre season that counts for nothing and reg season where every game counts. Damn you guys do not know the difference between games that actually matter vs a pre season game that in the end means nothing. If Dak plays and does great guess what it does not matter no one will give a rats butt about it.
No there is not, you need preseason to get better, besides the team could call plays that would protect Dak from injury and still give him some reps with the backups, but in Dallas we won't do that we would rather play scared

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Deal with what? getting hit? Frederick, Martin will be there Sept 9th and game will matter until then win or lose in the pre season game, Dak playing in game 3 even if he plays great will not matter.

Team can call certain plays that would protect Dak from injury and he would still get some reps with the backups

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You can call it playing scared all you want fact remains the game has no meaning and with Frederick out and Martin out the Cowboys do not feel like taking an unnecessary risk

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Team can call certain plays that would protect Dak from injury and he would still get some reps with the backups

Then why bother? Sure they can have him hand the ball off. Dallas will not be running their offense so again what is gained?