Dak Prescott vs Patrick Mahomes in their last 50 starts

speedkilz88

Reaction score
There’s not a team in the league that would take Prescott over Maholmes even the Cowboys, so what does it matter? It just means that there’s something more to the latter than the former.
But those teams would still kill to have a QB putting up Mahomes type stats.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So maybe the Chiefs will trade us Mahomes for Dak.

And when the analysis throws out postseason/SBs, then it's a flawed analysis.

Because the biggest criticism of Dak isn't that he doesn't perform well overall in the regular season, it's that he (and the team) come up small when the lights get the brightest.
Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak. You try to soften your hate by mentioning the team in parenthesis but you failed miserably. We all know your hate for Dak, Dak, Dak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
not hard to state facts.
Patrick Mahomes has three rings and Dak Prescott has none.
And so what? Since when does SB wins determine if a QB is talented or not? Since when was a SB played with only 2 QB’s. One on the home team, and one on the visitor team? I haven’t seen any of those SB’s. If you have, please post a link.

plymkr

Reaction score
Manning overall in the playoffs was not all that. But the last year or so his arm was dead and in his last SB the Broncos won IN SPITE of him
Manning in the playoffs has been better than Dak in the playoffs. Manning is a HOFer, generational talent, and 2 time Super Bowl champion. There’s absolutely no comparison between Dak and Manning. I don’t think there’s any question that if we could take Manning in his 9th year or Prescott in his 9th year, everyone in this board would go with Manning.

These are the types of arguments that took me from being a Dak lover to someone who wants Dak gone immediately. In the last 2 weeks or so Aikman and Manning achievements are being devalued to validate Dak. If Dak is as good as people believe he is then he wouldn’t need people to devalue NFL legends to prop him up. This type of propping up causes people that are on the fence to really nitpick Dak. At least that’s what turned me into a non Dak fan.

Steve007

Reaction score

Patrick Mahomes playoff record 15-3. Dak Prescott playoff record 2-5. Patrick Mahomes has a passer rating of 105.8 with 5,135 yards, 41 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 18 games in the playoffs. Dak Prescott has a passer rating of 91.8 with 1962 yards, 14 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in 7 games in the playoffs. Dak shouldn't be mentioned with Mahomes.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Patrick Mahomes playoff record 15-3. Dak Prescott playoff record 2-5. Patrick Mahomes has a passer rating of 105.8 with 5,135 yards, 41 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 18 games in the playoffs. Dak Prescott has a passer rating of 91.8 with 1962 yards, 14 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in 7 games in the playoffs. Dak shouldn't be mentioned with Mahomes.
Mahomes will go down as the GOAT. He’s better than Brady IMO. Dak’s not in his league. The stats do show however, that Dak performs at a very high level And if you take into consideration that he’s the QB of a 1 dimensional offense, then it’s really a miracle they made the playoffs.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Or put Dak on the Chiefs, and Mahomes on the Cowboys...We'd have how many Super Bowls??
The Chiefs would have 0. The Cowboys, likely wouldn't have a SB either but I'm betting they are getting further in the playoffs. Dak Prescott isn't the force multiplier on any football team at the QB position, he's a bus driving stooge nothing more. Mahomes will make plays and can cover for limitations at WR and RB - he has already shown that at KC.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who the hell is talking to you.....butt out
Hate to break it to you bud....but you are talking to EVERYONE. Like...as in the whole world. People are free to comment...you don't get to say.

Not sure why it needs explained to the same 3 people over and over. There COULD be a reason for that.

My reply to you was not meant in ill-will...just a clarification that EVEYRONE does the same thing. Not sure why you got so nasty about it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hate to break it to you bud....but you are talking to EVERYONE. Like...as in the whole world. People are free to comment...you don't get to say.

Not sure why it needs explained to the same 3 people over and over. There COULD be a reason for that.

My reply to you was not meant in ill-will...just a clarification that EVEYRONE does the same thing. Not sure why you got so nasty about it.
Hard to tell how anyone really feels from a keyboard. You may mean well and it's taken the wrong way and vice versa....my apologies

gtb1943

Reaction score
And so what? Since when does SB wins determine if a QB is talented or not? Since when was a SB played with only 2 QB’s. One on the home team, and one on the visitor team? I haven’t seen any of those SB’s. If you have, please post a link.
This post says it all for those desperate to defend dak

kskboys

Reaction score
But those teams would still kill to have a QB putting up Mahomes type stats.
And then the funny thing starts popping up. Mahomes put up far fewer yards in 23 and the Chiefs were even better.

Volume yardage does not bespeak greatness, and is generally not the way to win super bowls.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is why I never come here anymore.
Then simply stay out of the Dak threads. There is a ton of good stuff in other threads w/ great knowledgeable posters. Mostly the good posters avoid Dak threads, aside from a few drivebys.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Then simply stay out of the Dak threads. There is a ton of good stuff in other threads w/ great knowledgeable posters. Mostly the good posters avoid Dak threads, aside from a few drivebys.
Great advice! I just see so many of them with no point! Have a great one ks