Dak Prescott vs Patrick Mahomes in their last 50 starts

plymkr

Reaction score
Peyton Manning had that albatross around his neck starting out.
First six playoff berths___
0-2 wildcard round
0-3 divisional round
0-1 conference championship game
True. But he did win 2 Super Bowls. Most of Mannjngs career was going against the juggernaut of the Patriots. I feel if Manning played in the NFC those playoff numbers would have been different.

But your point is valid. My question is when do you give up on a guy and when do you stick it out with him. It’s a gamble. Definitely a gamble.

gtb1943

Reaction score
True. But he did win 2 Super Bowls. Most of Mannjngs career was going against the juggernaut of the Patriots. I feel if Manning played in the NFC those playoff numbers would have been different.

But your point is valid. My question is when do you give up on a guy and when do you stick it out with him. It’s a gamble. Definitely a gamble.
Manning overall in the playoffs was not all that. But the last year or so his arm was dead and in his last SB the Broncos won IN SPITE of him

mcmvp

Reaction score
That's because there is no truth to what you're saying.

According to you the only great QB in the league is Mahomes. Which current Quarterback really has the clutch gene besides him??

Hate to break it to you, but Hurts has lost it.
Please reference the part of my post that says this, or even come close to referencing this.

There are, as common sense would tell someone, varying levels of ‘clutchness’. Joe Burrow has not won a SB, but I think everyone (and their mother).would say he’s more clutch than Dak Prescott. I thought this was obvious…but carry on believing what you will to make yourself feel better

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Please reference the part of my post that says this, or even come close to referencing this.

There are, as common sense would tell someone, varying levels of ‘clutchness’. Joe Burrow has not won a SB, but I think everyone (and their mother).would say he’s more clutch than Dak Prescott. I thought this was obvious…but carry on believing what you will to make yourself feel better
Dak bots have no ability to recognize reality

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Remember Dak choking is everyone else's fault. Also remember if the defense allows the opponent to score then we can't blame Dak choking on Dak, it's the defenses fault.
Certainly, Prescott needs to play better, but this past postseason, KC's defense allowed 7 points to Miami, 24 to Buffalo and 10 to Baltimore. Ours allowed more than those three games combined in our only playoff game, giving up 48.

I understand some believing that Prescott can't get it done, but it would be hard for any QB to get it done when you play like that on defense.

Sydla

Reaction score

So maybe the Chiefs will trade us Mahomes for Dak.

And when the analysis throws out postseason/SBs, then it's a flawed analysis.

Because the biggest criticism of Dak isn't that he doesn't perform well overall in the regular season, it's that he (and the team) come up small when the lights get the brightest.

Sydla

Reaction score
You know...where it takes a TEAM to win in the playoffs.

:popcorn:
To an extent yes, but the QB has the biggest effect on the team's success in the postseason more often than not. That's undeniable and if your QB doesn't perform well, even if the team around him plays well, it makes it difficult to win. Again, anyone arguing with that is just a blind Dak homer.

In this comparison, whereas Mahomes can often elevate his game and make big plays in the postseason, Dak more often than not, does not. Which isn't surprising considering you are comparing the best QB in the league to a good, not elite QB.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
My question is when do you give up on a guy and when do you stick it out with him. It’s a gamble. Definitely a gamble.
You give up on him when you realize that #4 is no where near the talent level of Manning? Or any other top QB in the current NFL?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or put Dak on the Chiefs, and Mahomes on the Cowboys...We'd have how many Super Bowls??
I could not imagine what Mahomes could do with CeeDee Lamb and an offensive line compared to what he has been winning titles with.

But I do know he would not stand there like a deer in the headlights and throw a pick six.

Motorola

Reaction score
It’s actually tweets like this that emphasize how important the clutch playoff gene really is

In today’s NFL, if you stay healthy, and play long enough…a QB will have decent stats if he’s on a decent team. That is nothing to write home about anymore.
It's going to be quite a task over the next five years for the HOF committee to determine which quarterbacks that played their career in the 21st century NFL - putting up prolific numbers - had a career worthy of induction.
Brady - no brainer
Brees- likely to be enshrined
Roethlisberger - one team, with notable postseason successes
Rivers and Ryan - outstanding long careers with their original teams, but with limited playoff achievements
E. Manning - he, along with the aforementioned Rivers and Ryan - was an NFL Ironman (once Eli and Phillip became QB1, they never missed a start due to injury, Matty Ice only missed 5 games in his long tenure with the Falcons). Mannig's playoff achievements gives him the edge.