Dak Prescott vs Patrick Mahomes in their last 50 starts

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The problem with Dak in the playoffs is he's not good enough to overcome a weak start...either his own or the rest of the teams. He looks lost most playoff games until the second quarter when the game is already over.
The problem is that he's a phony who gets exposed as soon as he has to step up, just like the QB he replaced.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is that he's a phony who gets exposed as soon as he has to step up, just like the QB he replaced.
Not true. Romo played big in many big games. His epic battle with peytons broncos is something dak has never done and likely cant.but for people like you, his final desperate interception is exactly the same as dak flaking out in the first half against..green bay...at home.

Ridicuously lazy and dishonest.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Eleven pages in and something just occurred to me.

What other NFL team has a QB that can realistically compare to Mahomes in the postseason now that Tom Brady is retired?

Of course Dak can't measure up. Nobody can. Mahomes is a once in a generation type player.

Brax

Reaction score
You know...where it takes a TEAM to win in the playoffs.

:popcorn:
But that means the QB has to show up to play, unfortunately Dallas has one who disappears and KC has one that steps up his game, Dakchoka vs Mahomes wonder what nut case is picking Dak, especially when Dak has had better teams in some seasons. Yes it takes a team but when the most important player craps his pants come playoff time what are the rest of other guys going to do when Dak broke their backs

Sydla

Reaction score
Mahomes will go down as the GOAT. He’s better than Brady IMO. Dak’s not in his league. The stats do show however, that Dak performs at a very high level And if you take into consideration that he’s the QB of a 1 dimensional offense, then it’s really a miracle they made the playoffs.
So Dak carried them to the playoffs?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Well, yes, thanks to Dak missing most of 2020 due to severe lower leg injury. The stats should benefit the healthy Mahomes, yet they favor Dak. I wonder why?

:huh::popcorn:
They favor Dak because the figures only contain 4 play-off games. NOBODY questions Dak's ability and performance vrs non-play-off caliber sides.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eleven pages in and something just occurred to me.

What other NFL team has a QB that can realistically compare to Mahomes in the postseason now that Tom Brady is retired?

Of course Dak can't measure up. Nobody can. Mahomes is a once in a generation type player.
OF course everyone loves mahomes...hes a winner when it counts.

Nobody is demanding dak be that.few are yet they still win super bowls. Just cant be opposite of mahomes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great advice! I just see so many of them with no point! Have a great one ks
Additionally, any member can use the Ignore feature for the non-staff creators of undesired threads. Associated thread titles will be filtered out of the front page.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
They can't, it blows the dumb narrative that Dak Prescott is a competent QB out of the water.
No, it doesn't. Dak IS a "competent" quarterback. You don't win 12 games 3 years in a row if you're not competent. And no team, even a Jerry Jones owned team, keeps a lousy quarterback around 8 years.

Dak isn't a good playoff quarterback. That's undeniable. Yet how many quarterbacks have come out as highly touted, even no. 1 overall draft picks, and played lousy even in the regular season? Does anyone need a list? I sure hope not, or they're not much of an NFL follower. As a 4th round pick, he's done fairly well, and actually does have 2 playoff wins, by the way. Not good, but for comparison look up acks like Alex Smith. Drafted 1st overall, want to know his playoff record? 2-5.

I am just tired of the hyperbole around Dak, mostly on the negative side. He doesn't "suck" (speaking of overall play over his career), he's not "pathetic" nor is he "bottom of the league". All words/phrases that have been used here.

I guess that's society today, some people can't say something unless it's extreme.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So Dak carried them to the playoffs?
The defense played well at the beginning of the year until teams found out they couldn’t stop the run. It was a team effort but Dak had an MVP year and led the league in TD passes. All that with no running game thus being 1 dimensional.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
No, it doesn't. Dak IS a "competent" quarterback. You don't win 12 games 3 years in a row if you're not competent. And no team, even a Jerry Jones owned team, keeps a lousy quarterback around 8 years.

Dak isn't a good playoff quarterback. That's undeniable. Yet how many quarterbacks have come out as highly touted, even no. 1 overall draft picks, and played lousy even in the regular season? Does anyone need a list? I sure hope not, or they're not much of an NFL follower. As a 4th round pick, he's done fairly well, and actually does have 2 playoff wins, by the way. Not good, but for comparison look up acks like Alex Smith. Drafted 1st overall, want to know his playoff record? 2-5.

I am just tired of the hyperbole around Dak, mostly on the negative side. He doesn't "suck" (speaking of overall play over his career), he's not "pathetic" nor is he "bottom of the league". All words/phrases that have been used here.

I guess that's society today, some people can't say something unless it's extreme.
Beating up the giants twice a year doesn't a competent qb make. Competent QB's don't do this