Dak Prescott vs Patrick Mahomes in their last 50 starts

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s actually tweets like this that emphasize how important the clutch playoff gene really is

In today’s NFL, if you stay healthy, and play long enough…a QB will have decent stats if he’s on a decent team. That is nothing to write home about anymore.
Your Eagles SUCK. So does your head coach and QB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I agree with you in part. But in the GB game, Dak had two terrible picks. One when the team was already down 7-0 and the second was a pick six when they were down 20-0. Both were terrible. No defending him at all.

But the Cowboys were down the entire game. The defense gave up a 12 play drive for a TD to start the game. Dak threw his first pick down 7-0 and instead of holding them to a FG the defense gave up a three play TD drive. That was followed by the most important drive of the first half where the Cowboys had to have points down 14-0. They went 9 plays then punted.

Then the pack went on a …wait for it….93 yard drive in 10 plays. They missed the XP but it was 20-0. Then Dak threw his horrendous pick 6. Just awful on his part. But the defense also gave up nearly 250 yards in the first half. The defense gave up 6 third down conversions…in the first half.

Again, Dak was awful vs GB. But he was awful pretty much only in the first half. The D was bad all day. I only mention this because it was more than Dak that sucked vs GB.
Football can’t get here soon enough. :starspin:

Yobwocs

Reaction score
lol….with some people, the truth can sometimes hit a nerve
That's because there is no truth to what you're saying.

According to you the only great QB in the league is Mahomes. Which current Quarterback really has the clutch gene besides him??

Hate to break it to you, but Hurts has lost it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That element was nowhere to be found last January.
Leadership was hard to find when it was 41-16 at the end of the third quarter. I had been looking at the field. Nope. Not there. Sidelines? Nada. Upstairs in the executive suite?

Well, leadership has been missing upstairs for a long long long long (is that enough longs) time.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The defense was in way better shape than the offense. Way better. No comparison. The defense had a solid pass rushing group with excellent DBs. The offense had an injured Oline who finished 15th in run average league-wide. Only 1 legit WR weapon and no true weapon at RB. Dak was severely limited with weapons around him. Those are the facts.
yes, the defense that had safties playing LB-er and playing without one of their premier CB's and had the other CB playing hurt were is way better shape. LOL, thank you for so wonderfully proving my point.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Leadership was hard to find when it was 41-16 at the end of the third quarter. I had been looking at the field. Nope. Not there. Sidelines? Nada. Upstairs in the executive suite?

Well, leadership has been missing upstairs for a long long long long (is that enough longs) time.
Other than the Jackie Smith drop in the end zone in SB XIII, the GB loss was the toughest for me personally.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
yes, the defense that had safties playing LB-er and playing without one of their premier CB's and had the other CB playing hurt were is way better shape. LOL, thank you for so wonderfully proving my point.
Look at the DBs depth. SOLID!!!

Can't say the same for any of the groups on Offense.

You were saying?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Peyton Manning had that albatross around his neck starting out.
First six playoff berths___
0-2 wildcard round
0-3 divisional round
0-1 conference championship game
Even the first Super Bowl he won, it was the defense that got them through the playoffs and kept games close, 7 INT/3 TD. Classic case that it takes a team to win.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
mahomes-1.jpg

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Literally no one has claimed that Dak was a 100% to blame.
When you’re biased, you tend to see negativity or criticism around someone you see in a positive light as excessive when it is actually your own bias that is tilting the scales. The fact of the matter is, Dak has been a weak link in the playoffs these past three years. It doesn’t really matter how other parts of the team play. Individual players can be judged on how they do the things they’re tasked with despite things possibly falling apart around them. The defense was awful this year in the playoffs, but so was Dak in the first half. What about the previous two years when the defense held the 49ers to 19 and 23 points? Dak also was mediocre and didn’t provide anything a very good to elite QB would that helped the team score points either.