Dak Prescott vs Patrick Mahomes in their last 50 starts

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
All you need to do is watch each guy throw a ball once. Mahomes throws it like a god. He looks like Rodgers or Marino. Effortless and beautiful. Dak looks like Uncle Rico.

2016 Dak fantastic. Young athletic dual threat QB. Efficient and repeatable offense. Rookie contract. More of this please.

2023 Dak not so fantastic. Older stationary QB. Stat compiling offense that is easily shut down in post season. Crippling contract. No thanks.

Comparing Dak to Mahomes is such nonsense.
2016 Dak was more of a bus driver because Elliott had such a great rookie year. People forget that towards the end of the 2016 season the offense was beginning to struggle as defenses finally figured out ways to stop them.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
2016 Dak was more of a bus driver because Elliott had such a great rookie year. People forget that towards the end of the 2016 season the offense was beginning to struggle as defenses finally figured out ways to stop them.
Elliot was amazing but I would take that QB on that contract in that offense any day of the week.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Still can’t believe Dak won ROY over Zeke that year.

Daks numbers were middle of the pack everywhere but INTs.

Zeke won the rushing title by over 300 yards.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Yet so many here think he’s trash. It does ID those who don’t know a damn thing about football so there’s that.
lol you don’t either. I’ve read where you said you were a QB. I didn’t play football but have multiple D1 college friends and every one of them can see what you can’t. Also don’t understand what playing has to do with anything…slot of former players couldn’t coach if they wanted to. This may not be your team anymore bc you’ve lost sight of what matters to other true fans.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Actually, it makes you look ignorant. Mahomes will go down as the GOAT and Dak’s stats compare favorably. Now, he’ll never be in Mahomes class, but he’s pretty damn good hence the All Pro and NFL MVP runner-up awards last year. So yeah, who’s looking ignorant?
Lol…now this hear proves that delusion is real

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Still can’t believe Dak won ROY over Zeke that year.

Daks numbers were middle of the pack everywhere but INTs.

Zeke won the rushing title by over 300 yards.
Dak having the best rookie QBR in history was pretty a compelling case for ROTY...

Last edited:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Sounds like the excuses people give Matt Stafford with an 11-72 record vs winning teams. The same people who say a good quarterback elevates the talent around them are the same people making excuses for people like Stafford, Herbert, etc.

And for the folks who bring up the Rams Superbowl run, Stafford led the league in interceptions that season so he just went for the ride. 14 other quarterbacks would have with that Rams team.

When it comes to Dak "good quarterbacks elevate the talent around them".

When it comes to other quarterbacks who are highly paid with a trash record as a starter, the same people give excuses like, "they were drafted to a bad team with bad coaching"..... as if we were coached by Lombardi or Belichick.

If one quarterback is expected to elevate the talent around them the ALL quarterbacks fall under the same umbrella especially if they were drafted in the 1st round compared to a 4th round drafted quarterback.
I am in the camp that no QB should be expected to elevate talent around them at all times. But it helps if the person can do it on occasion as need arises. Stafford and Dak are guys who cannot do it without a literal super team behind them. The Rams went for broke and won their title. The Cowboys of today don't want to do so. We can bash Jerry for it but this is what you have. As for what Dak is - he is Stafford with a weaker arm and the same makeup of never being able to step up when the need arises.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm witnessing a vast difference in the escapability between Mahomes and Dak whenever scrambling comes into the picture. No comparison. Dak often hesitates before deciding to run, while Mahomes' decisions to exit pressure is instant and his quickness is exceptional. Just not so with Dak.

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Zeke won the rushing title by over 300 yards. THREE. HUNDRED. YARDS.
Yeah it was wrong no doubt; but QBs are always either too much or too little as regards attention
too much to the plus and too much to the minus
Zeke dominated the rushing season and should have won it; but the usual suspects in the media and elsewhere were slobbering all over the bus driver

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
lol you don’t either. I’ve read where you said you were a QB. I didn’t play football but have multiple D1 college friends and every one of them can see what you can’t. Also don’t understand what playing has to do with anything…slot of former players couldn’t coach if they wanted to. This may not be your team anymore bc you’ve lost sight of what matters to other true fans.
I never said I played QB LOL.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott named AP Offensive Rookie of the Year
Marc Sessler | NFL.com/Around The NFL Podcast
February 4, 2017

HOUSTON -- It's not the name most were expecting.

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott capped off a fascinating debut campaign by nabbing the 2016 Associated Press NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award at Saturday's NFL Honors ceremony.

The wide belief was that the award would go to Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, or perhaps a combination of both Dallas rookies. Prescott ended up receiving 28 of the 50 votes, while Elliott got 21...Read more

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak Prescott named AP Offensive Rookie of the Year
Marc Sessler | NFL.com/Around The NFL Podcast
February 4, 2017

HOUSTON -- It's not the name most were expecting.

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott capped off a fascinating debut campaign by nabbing the 2016 Associated Press NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award at Saturday's NFL Honors ceremony.

The wide belief was that the award would go to Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, or perhaps a combination of both Dallas rookies. Prescott ended up receiving 28 of the 50 votes, while Elliott got 21...Read more
Garret won coach of the year as well

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garret won coach of the year as well
True. Here is the link to NFL.com's story on the award: https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-jason-garrett-wins-coach-of-the-year-honors-0ap3000000782760

One difference between Jason Garrett's story (posted by the league) and Dak Prescott is the latter's questioned legitimacy for winning Rookie of the Year over Ezekiel Elliott. That article's perspective mirrors the sub-discussion that entered into this Prescott-themed thread. It is the reason why I posted the article, which was relevant to the time that the award was originally presented.

I did not think of posting a Garrett story into a Prescott thread. It is doubtful it shall divert from the thread topic but it has been inserted now.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Xuhh5p1.png
It's all in perspective....