Dak Prescott vs Patrick Mahomes in their last 50 starts

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So do TEAMS only play in the playoffs or do TEAMS also play the regular season games that these stats reflect? Or is it a case where wins are considered a QB stat but anything bad is a TEAM stat?
They are all team stats , and team also includes the HC and OC, DC etc.
Dallas has always been outcoached in playoff games. That makes it hard to win in playoffs.

JG was awful in playoffs, and MM has been bad too.
The GB Wc game the GB HC was far superior to MM. He had his team pumped up and ready to play,and also had
some new stuff to use against the cowboys, who were just the same as reg season, they had nothing new, and were not
ready to play.

Dak, Lamb. and parsons, stunk it up too, along with the whole team, but much of that is on MM.

And compare dallas coaching to KC coaching, and KC is far superior, which helps them win in playoffs.
Also Mahomes and kelcey like to win, and their whole team do too, so that makes a big difference.

Hc and other coaches are hired and kept by jerry, so he is to blame for that.
MM should have been fired, and dallas should have a new HC right now even if it is a one year deal lol.
But jerry wants it to be mike, as he has to pay him regardless. Just being a scrooge there, and throwing away 2024.
Just to be clear coaches are paid out of pocket not by the cap, and the jones boys are cheap in that area.

BB would cost 20 million per year so thats why he isnt HC right now lol. Jones boys are cheap.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak haters still think people think he's comparable to Mahomes.

Nobody thinks that. It's just obvious who has the better coach, organization, defense, and everything.

Micah is a no show in the playoffs. Jones is not. Kelce didn't drop any balls. Lamb dropped 3rd and 8 for example against Green Bay.

Simple as that.
My dear sir, so called dak haters didn't create this thread comparing these two players.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you like how /L became a "team stat" on the playoff one?
That was a sly one, dude.

Say. Have you liked how I have said wins/losses are a team record since you joined the forum? You did not know this also but I have been saying wins and losses were a team stat before Dak Prescott ever entered the NFL draft. Heck. Dozens and dozens of posts. Maybe over a hundred..? I do not. They have all mushed together since I started saying so on The Site Thou Shalt Be Named On CowboysZone back in the late 90's and early 2000's. And then continued immediately after I joined here in 2004.

Gosh darn it! I have been saying the same thing since my early 20's. It was then when I grew up and realized, "Hey! Quarterbacks got teammates!"

lol. Moo.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That was a sly one, dude.

Say. Have you liked how I have said wins/losses are a team record since you joined the forum? You did not know this also but I have been saying wins and losses were a team stat before Dak Prescott ever entered the NFL draft. Heck. Dozens and dozens of posts. Maybe over a hundred..? I do not. They have all mushed together since I started saying so on The Site Thou Shalt Be Named On CowboysZone back in the late 90's and early 2000's. And then continued immediately after I joined here in 2004.

Gosh darn it! I have been saying the same thing since my early 20's. It was then when I grew up and realized, "Hey! Quarterbacks got teammates!"

lol. Moo.
You should've kept the same formula as the original tweet.

Instead you changed it to fit an agenda because keeping W/L on there like the original tweet would've made Dak look really, really, really bad.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You should've kept the same formula as the original tweet.
I should have done as I intended. Again, I recommend pro-football-reference.com as a source if you wish to post information the way you deem fit. That site is impressive in regard to data on all team sports.

Instead you changed it to fit an agenda because keeping W/L on there like the original tweet would've made Dak look really, really, really bad.
...as opposed to accurately reflecting how the two quarterbacks compare unfavorably with an equal number of playoff games played, right?

"Agenda."

Moo.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I should have done as I intended. Again, I recommend pro-football-reference.com as a source if you wish to post information the way you deem fit. That site is impressive in regard to data on all team sports.

...as opposed to accurately reflecting how the two quarterbacks compare unfavorably with an equal number of playoff games played, right?

"Agenda."

Moo.
The only thing you accurately did was show your agenda.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
My dear sir, so called dak haters didn't create this thread comparing these two players.
Boom! Nuked from orbit.

So who really are the haters here? A lot of us expect players to step up especially when they want all time money.

Others are classic fanboys who place their identity into objects like a Nintendo, Apple computer, or in this case the Dallas Cowboys. Since they have placed their identities in the Cowboys rather than just be normal fans it hurts their egos to hear anything less than glowing praise for anything and everything Cowboys. Many of these same Captain Save-a-Daks are also the ones who try and defend and make excuses for Jerry Jones.

As a result, they have misplaced anger when the team fails again and again, and they put that hate on Cowboys fans who rightfully hold the team accountable since the management does not.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
My dear sir, it wasn't me who created this thread either.

But if I were to guess, the OP is saying Dak is elite in the regular season. Admittedly he's not elite in the playoffs but he's saying maybe one day his regular season goodness will seap into January too. Also, it depends if McCarthy and Zimmer wants to do their jobs against Green Bay and San Francisco, which one of those haven't done. And Jerry creates an atmosphere where it's about football instead of individual players enjoying their money (and the sun) while football is an afterthought. Ala Miami Sharks from Any Given Sunday.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing you accurately did was show your agenda.
Someone, with an obvious daily radical anti-Dak agenda as yourself, stating someone else, who posted accurate data, while continuing his opinion (wonder which member said something about that term recently) on wins and losses being a team record, having an 'agenda' is too cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Moo next.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
My dear sir, it wasn't me who created this thread either.

But if I were to guess, the OP is saying Dak is elite in the regular season. Admittedly he's not elite in the playoffs but he's saying maybe one day his regular season goodness will seap into January too. It all depends if McCarthy and Zimmer wants to do their jobs against Green Bay and San Francisco too, which one of those haven't done. And Jerry creates an atmosphere where it's about football instead of individual players enjoying their money while football is an afterthought. Ala Miami Sharks from Any Given Sunday.
You got put in your place, and now you are trying to deflect because he logically pointed out the truth here. You guys are far more obsessive about creating an illusion of Dak being a great QB than we are about pointing out the reality of Dak.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
You got put in your place, and now you are trying to deflect because he logically pointed out the truth here. You guys are far more obsessive about creating an illusion of Dak being a great QB than we are about pointing out the reality of Dak.
What are you talking about? I didn't create the thread, that's a fact.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here are some simple formulas for success in the playoffs that revolve around 3 ingredients: QB, defense and coaching-
  • Great QB (Mahomes, Brady, Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman) + great defense + great coaching = 3 or more SB rings
  • Great QB (P. Manning, Steve Young, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Namath) + good defense on occasion+ good coaching = 1-2 SB rings
  • Great QB (Dan Marino, Dan Fouts) + avg-below avg defense + good coaching = no rings, 1 SB appearance (Marino only)
  • Good QB (Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Phil Simms, Mark Rypien) + great defense + good coaching = 1-2 SB rings
  • Decent QB (Jim Plunkett, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler) + great defense + great coaching = a SB ring - maybe two)
I know I left out some QBs but the big idea that escapes most fans is even great QBs don’t win multiple SBs without big help from the defense and coaching. Dak deserves criticism for sure for most of his playoff performances. But I’m hard pressed to remember a great defense in the 28 years that wore the Star. Some had good defenses.

As much many fans want to put 100% of the recent playoff failures on Dak, it’s not that simple.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak is dumb though.

It's why he is a 1 read loser and why he locks onto the 1 read.
Another good indicator that someone has no idea what they are watching is this take above.

Even a moutbreather should be able too see Dak turn his head to a rhythm after he hits his back foot.

An example of a 1 read QB was Stephen McGee who could only handle rollout high lows.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Another good indicator that someone has no idea what they are watching is this take above.

Even a moutbreather should be able too see Dak turn his head to a rhythm after he hits his back foot.

An example of a 1 read QB was Stephen McGee who could only handle rollout high lows.
Your personal insults towards me does not change the fact that Dak is a dumb QB that has been exposed for being a dumb QB many times.

"Make Dak beat you" is the motto of every team we play.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
As much many fans want to put 100% of the recent playoff failures on Dak, it’s not that simple.
Literally no one has claimed that Dak was a 100% to blame. However I do belive he played a major part in two ways, he kept points off the board and he actively hurt the defense with his horrific first half play. We all want to talk about complimentary football when things go well. We'll here is when complimentary football goes sour and the offense and defense contribute to each other's failure. The defense failed to get timely stops, the offense kept throwing the defense out into bad situations with turnovers.