Dak Prescott vs Patrick Mahomes in their last 50 starts

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Boom! Nuked from orbit.

So who really are the haters here? A lot of us expect players to step up especially when they want all time money.

Others are classic fanboys who place their identity into objects like a Nintendo, Apple computer, or in this case the Dallas Cowboys. Since they have placed their identities in the Cowboys rather than just be normal fans it hurts their egos to hear anything less than glowing praise for anything and everything Cowboys. Many of these same Captain Save-a-Daks are also the ones who try and defend and make excuses for Jerry Jones.

As a result, they have misplaced anger when the team fails again and again, and they put that hate on Cowboys fans who rightfully hold the team accountable since the management does not.
Yeah, you’re a hater.

Motorola

Reaction score
Well, yes, thanks to Dak missing most of 2020 due to severe lower leg injury. The stats should benefit the healthy Mahomes, yet they favor Dak. I wonder why?

:huh::popcorn:
With the exception of 2020 week 5 game - which Prescott started but didn't finish due to that gruesome injury - the other 49 games are with both QBs being healthy and able to play.
What the 50-game span statistics show is the two quarterbacks have somewhat identical stats over a lengthy time frame- plus their teams have supported them in close to having the same W/L record.
What would have been much better - Brandon Loree would have included several other QBs in that "last 50- start" stretch.
A few longtime league players - Rodgers, Stafford, Cousins, Carr, Goff - along with the younger guys - Jackson, Allen, Burrow, Murray, Tagovailoa.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Literally no one has claimed that Dak was a 100% to blame. However I do belive he played a major part in two ways, he kept points off the board and he actively hurt the defense with his horrific first half play. We all want to talk about complimentary football when things go well. We'll here is when complimentary football goes sour and the offense and defense contribute to each other's failure. The defense failed to get timely stops, the offense kept throwing the defense out into bad situations with turnovers.
:lmao: :flagwave::flagwave::lmao::flagwave::facepalm:

Motorola

Reaction score
Thats a good prove that those stats are irrelevant when to judge the playstrength of a QB.

One of the best at date in the NFL vs one of the worst and the bad QB looks as good as Mahomes.
Did somebody just posts stats with Dak and Patty in the same equation? C'mon.
With this comparison brought up by Brandon Loree---
I view live games and highlights of both QBs in action.
Mahomes always appears to me as a 6-foot, 200-210 LB player, while I see Prescott as 6'3", 240 pound player.
However- sites list both at 6'2", with Prescott weighing in at 238 while Mahomes is only 13 pounds lighter at 225 (per Pro Football Reference).
Even their images in both uniform and in street clothes - Chiefs #15 appears lean, Cowboys #4 looks somewhat burly.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Literally no one has claimed that Dak was a 100% to blame. However I do belive he played a major part in two ways, he kept points off the board and he actively hurt the defense with his horrific first half play. We all want to talk about complimentary football when things go well. We'll here is when complimentary football goes sour and the offense and defense contribute to each other's failure. The defense failed to get timely stops, the offense kept throwing the defense out into bad situations with turnovers.
I agree with you in part. But in the GB game, Dak had two terrible picks. One when the team was already down 7-0 and the second was a pick six when they were down 20-0. Both were terrible. No defending him at all.

But the Cowboys were down the entire game. The defense gave up a 12 play drive for a TD to start the game. Dak threw his first pick down 7-0 and instead of holding them to a FG the defense gave up a three play TD drive. That was followed by the most important drive of the first half where the Cowboys had to have points down 14-0. They went 9 plays then punted.

Then the pack went on a …wait for it….93 yard drive in 10 plays. They missed the XP but it was 20-0. Then Dak threw his horrendous pick 6. Just awful on his part. But the defense also gave up nearly 250 yards in the first half. The defense gave up 6 third down conversions…in the first half.

Again, Dak was awful vs GB. But he was awful pretty much only in the first half. The D was bad all day. I only mention this because it was more than Dak that sucked vs GB.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I agree with you in part. But in the GB game, Dak had two terrible picks. One when the team was already down 7-0 and the second was a pick six when they were down 20-0. Both were terrible. No defending him at all.

But the Cowboys were down the entire game. The defense gave up a 12 play drive for a TD to start the game. Dak threw his first pick down 7-0 and instead of holding them to a FG the defense gave up a three play TD drive. That was followed by the most important drive of the first half where the Cowboys had to have points down 14-0. They went 9 plays then punted.

Then the pack went on a …wait for it….93 yard drive in 10 plays. They missed the XP but it was 20-0. Then Dak threw his horrendous pick 6. Just awful on his part. But the defense also gave up nearly 250 yards in the first half. The defense gave up 6 third down conversions…in the first half.

Again, Dak was awful vs GB. But he was awful pretty much only in the first half. The D was bad all day. I only mention this because it was more than Dak that sucked vs GB.
I am not refuting that the defense played badly in that game. But you ever hear the people bashing the defense say anything about how badly hurt the defense was? No. Those same people will say that Dak didn't have x, y, z and the best defense known to man so we can't blame him. Sorry, from the last 3 years we have seen one consistent thing with the Cowboys - when the defense plays well in the playoff games - The Cowboys QB craps the bed and when the defense plays poorly, the Cowboys QB craps the bed. No matter what the Cowboys QB crapping the bed is the consistent theme here.

plymkr

Reaction score
Since you brought it up...
Last 3 postseasons___
Prescott's teams 1-3, Mahomes' teams 9-1
Career-to-date___
Prescott's teams 2-5, Mahomes' teams 15-3
That’s all that matters. How bright do you shine when the big lights come on.

mcmvp

Reaction score

It’s actually tweets like this that emphasize how important the clutch playoff gene really is

In today’s NFL, if you stay healthy, and play long enough…a QB will have decent stats if he’s on a decent team. That is nothing to write home about anymore.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am not refuting that the defense played badly in that game. But you ever hear the people bashing the defense say anything about how badly hurt the defense was? No. Those same people will say that Dak didn't have x, y, z and the best defense known to man so we can't blame him. Sorry, from the last 3 years we have seen one consistent thing with the Cowboys - when the defense plays well in the playoff games - The Cowboys QB craps the bed and when the defense plays poorly, the Cowboys QB craps the bed. No matter what the Cowboys QB crapping the bed is the consistent theme here.
The defense was in way better shape than the offense. Way better. No comparison. The defense had a solid pass rushing group with excellent DBs. The offense had an injured Oline who finished 15th in run average league-wide. Only 1 legit WR weapon and no true weapon at RB. Dak was severely limited with weapons around him. Those are the facts.