Dak Prescott wasn't the problem against the Houston Texans

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If you need a more accurate QB to make the WRs go to the ball, go and get the ball and catch the ball that hit you in both hands than your WR's are a pile of ****.

Sure Prescott could be better. But he's not going to be be lights out in his third season with this garbage. He's not that guy. And, he may never be better than he is. I'm just tired of listening to people defend the WRs for a lot.
If you're hearing all these people defending the WR you're looking for them sorry. Not a lot of people doing that on here or anywhere else regarding this team.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Dak Prescott wasn't the problem against the Houston Texans

• By Sam Quinn
  • 2h ago • 2 min read
Some day, historians are going to look at the Week 5 loss that the Dallas Cowboys sustained against the Houston Texans and think that Dak Prescott played a bad game. The evidence is there. The Cowboys scored only 16 points. Prescott threw two interceptions and gained only 208 yards through the air. His quarterback rating was 66.4. Based on his poor play in the four weeks prior, it wouldn't be a stretch to just tack one extra bad game onto his ledger. And that is a shame, because for once, Prescott was not remotely the problem against the Texans.

Those two interceptions Prescott threw? Both tipped... by his own receivers. Granted, they weren't perfect throws, but most throws aren't. It is reasonable for a quarterback to expect his receivers to be able to, you know, stretch. Prescott didn't throw those balls 10 yards over their heads. He missed slightly. But when you miss at all with this group of Cowboys receivers, you miss entirely.

Speaking of missing, Prescott made the Texans do quite a bit of that. He was pressured relentlessly in this game, but he was sacked only twice. He escaped perhaps half a dozen sacks based on nothing more than body control and athleticism.

(Continue reading):

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dak-prescott-wasnt-the-problem-against-the-houston-texans/
Scouts notebook tells it all, I just hope we aren't the only ones reading..lol

Zman5

Reaction score
So much so that teams don’t even care to defend it t

Dak is just bad, Romo was good

I guess you just started to watch Romo play from 2014. Romo is much better than Dak but he had same issues in this offense. And that's with T.O, Dez and Witt in their prime.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I guess you just started to watch Romo play from 2014. Romo is much better than Dak but he had same issues in this offense. And that's with T.O, Dez and Witt in their prime.
Romo did nothing to make me say I can’t watch this guy even when he threw 5int against Buffalo I was still glued to the TV. I lose hope in Dak soon as we are down 2 possessions. My heart tells me there’s still hope for Dak my mind says move on

Zman5

Reaction score
Romo did nothing to make me say I can’t watch this guy even when he threw 5int against Buffalo I was still glued to the TV. I lose hope in Dak soon as we are down 2 possessions. My heart tells me there’s still hope for Dak my mind says move on

Just because you loved Romo no matter what he did, doesn't change the fact he had same issues in JG's offense. Not a knock on Romo because 90% of QBs will have same issues in JG's crappy offense.

Dre11

Reaction score

Romo didn't start until his what 4th season? Dak started year one as a 4th rounder. And I was a Romo supporter, even to get the job back.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Just because you loved Romo no matter what he did, doesn't change the fact he had same issues in JG's offense. Not a knock on Romo because 90% of QBs will have same issues in JG's crappy offense.
Romo never digressed as far as mechanics he always got better and better

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Seriously? What seasons/games did you not watch from Romo when he was choking it up?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yes if the Cowboys had a true #1 WR like the Texans that can make plays like this while covered well...

Throw a regular 15 yard route and 87 yard TD results

Do you know what consistency means?

Zman5

Reaction score
Romo never digressed as far as mechanics he always got better and better

Romo was in the league 4 years and was a starter before JG got here. He was coached by Sean Payton and Parcells beginning of his career. He already had a good foundation. If JG was his first coach from the get go, I'm sure Romo wouldn't be the same Romo we all know.
I'm sure he'll be the first to tell you that.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dak did his best Harry Houdini play after play just to escape,buy time,and give the wr's a chance to get open. THEY COULD NOT..
A lot of his "Harry Houdini" plays are due to his own limitations. He gets scared if he "senses" any pressure. Take the 4th qtr pass to Thompson that was low, due to him breaking down in the pocket - Dak merely needed to step forward through the pass rush and keep his eyes on the play, and he would have had an easier time delivering that pass to an open Thompson -- instead -- he felt pressure, lowered his head, got happy feet, finally moving forward and looking up, but at the point the defender had him and took him down as he threw the ball, Dak's throw suffered because of it and the throw was low. All he had to do was step through the rush, he had an opportunity.

I was very high on Dak after his rookie season, and hopeful going into this season, but I've seen enough. I was gonna wait for the whole season, but he's regressed, or plateau'd depending on how you look at it, and I've seen enough. He lacks poise, and before all the mechanics that we want in him could ever (if ever) materialize, it doesn't matter if our QB is frightened before every snap. A franchise QB must have confidence in the pocket.

blumayne38

Reaction score
A lot of his "Harry Houdini" plays are due to his own limitations. He gets scared if he "senses" any pressure. Take the 4th qtr pass to Thompson that was low, due to him breaking down in the pocket - Dak merely needed to step forward through the pass rush and keep his eyes on the play, and he would have had an easier time delivering that pass to an open Thompson -- instead -- he felt pressure, lowered his head, got happy feet, finally moving forward and looking up, but at the point the defender had him and took him down as he threw the ball, Dak's throw suffered because of it and the throw was low. All he had to do was step through the rush, he had an opportunity.

I was very high on Dak after his rookie season, and hopeful going into this season, but I've seen enough. I was gonna wait for the whole season, but he's regressed, or plateau'd depending on how you look at it, and I've seen enough. He lacks poise, and before all the mechanics that we want in him could ever (if ever) materialize, it doesn't matter if our QB is frightened before every snap. A franchise QB must have confidence in the pocket.
:hammer: Legend post

blumayne38

Reaction score
Romo was in the league 4 years and was a starter before JG got here. He was coached by Sean Payton and Parcells beginning of his career. He already had a good foundation. If JG was his first coach from the get go, I'm sure Romo wouldn't be the same Romo we all know.
I'm sure he'll be the first to tell you that.
LaLa land is a good movie to watch :muttley: , not a good place to live though....

Dre11

Reaction score
you enjoyed every one of Romos 25 comeback wins?

I sure did, thought he should've gotten job back. But I also know Dak isn't at the same point in his career as Dak. No reason to compare.