Dak Prescott wasn't the problem against the Houston Texans

Crosbie

Reaction score
I much prefer this analogy to the majority of opinions I’ve read today. I’m a brand new fan and I really want Dak to work out. He’s definitely not a top tier QB when you look at some of the youngsters starting right now, but people trying to pin the tail on the donkey and put all the fault in his hands is really unfair. Nobody in our offensive unit looked anything more than underwhelming last night. Not one of them.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Yes. Give Dak a #1 and #2 WR and better TE to see the fireworks you expect.
And a top coach a steam bath 5 nights at the Marriott a date with Rihanna Dez Bryant fused with Julio Jones 1 more all pro lineman another HOF TE new shoes A mega deal and we are all good to go!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yes. Give Dak a #1 and #2 WR and better TE to see the fireworks you expect.

None of that is relevent to whether Dak can consistently make a throw.

You said doing something once means he can do it consistently. That ignores the very meaning of consistent.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I much prefer this analogy to the majority of opinions I’ve read today. I’m a brand new fan and I really want Dak to work out. He’s definitely not a top tier QB when you look at some of the youngsters starting right now, but people trying to pin the tail on the donkey and put all the fault in his hands is really unfair. Nobody in our offensive unit looked anything more than underwhelming last night. Not one of them.
T.O is that you?

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score

this isnt just about last night . Try the last 12/13 games . Excuses have run out

Zman5

Reaction score
People here remember we won that game you know that right?

So QB's are good as long as their team wins the game? Wow thanks for letting me know. I always thought Romo was better than Brad Johnson but now with this info I have to change my mind. Romo never even got to play in the SB but Brad Jonhson won one. Thanks for that knowledge.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He also avoided a rush on another play, had an open WR on the sideline for a first down and worm burned a low pass that Dak supporters screamed the WR should have made a play for him.

He's just not very accurate nowadays.
Probably the Thompson throw. "Harry Houdini"

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Sam lost me at wasn't the problem. Oh h--- yes he is along with that bunch of no good receivers. When you make over 30 throws and can't get 200 yards, you are part of the problem. As the tuna use to say there are 2 sides to a pancake, you have Dak and then you have the receivers. Case close!

blumayne38

Reaction score
So QB's are good as long as their team wins the game? Wow thanks for letting me know. I always thought Romo was better than Brad Johnson but now with this info I have to change my mind. Romo never even got to play in the SB but Brad Jonhson won one. Thanks for that knowledge.
Thats extreme

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A lot of his "Harry Houdini" plays are due to his own limitations. He gets scared if he "senses" any pressure. Take the 4th qtr pass to Thompson that was low, due to him breaking down in the pocket - Dak merely needed to step forward through the pass rush and keep his eyes on the play, and he would have had an easier time delivering that pass to an open Thompson -- instead -- he felt pressure, lowered his head, got happy feet, finally moving forward and looking up, but at the point the defender had him and took him down as he threw the ball, Dak's throw suffered because of it and the throw was low. All he had to do was step through the rush, he had an opportunity.

I was very high on Dak after his rookie season, and hopeful going into this season, but I've seen enough. I was gonna wait for the whole season, but he's regressed, or plateau'd depending on how you look at it, and I've seen enough. He lacks poise, and before all the mechanics that we want in him could ever (if ever) materialize, it doesn't matter if our QB is frightened before every snap. A franchise QB must have confidence in the pocket.
Seriously, Trouty? That pass was very catchable. Thompson simply dropped it. Dak was lucky to keep from getting sacked.

Legend

Reaction score
None of that is relevent to whether Dak can consistently make a throw.

You said doing something once means he can do it consistently. That ignores the very meaning of consistent.
If you want to see consistency; you need playmakers who can consistently get open, catch the ball, and make plays.

You cannot expect #3-#5 WRs to play like #1s.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If you want to see consistency; you need playmakers who can consistently get open, catch the ball, and make plays.

You cannot expect #3-#5 WRs to play like #1s.

I am not talking WR play. I am talking can a QB make the throw. He can either do it consistently, occassionally, rarely, or not at all.

Doing it once means it is at least rarely, but says nothing more.