Dak saved the season

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Sure, anything is possible . But I’m looking at what is more likely . At least based on what we’ve seen and anticipated going in.
I think it's too early to tell, especially considering the players that we're without right now. From what we've seen, the only teams we face after San Fran that I think we can say are better right now are Houston and Tampa Bay. Now, there are several other teams that look like our equals at the moment, but who else in this slate of teams do you think is a likely loss (Washington twice, Philly twice, Cincinnati, Atlanta, New York and Carolina)? It's not like that's a murderer's row.

Qcard

Reaction score
Fair play he made some plays at the end but the defense gave him the opportunity to win holding the Steelers to 17 points which he left 10 points in the field in the first half with those interceptions and another interception in the second half. Really it should be the 3rd string defense receiving the plaudits.
Dak had a Cooper Rush 5-1 win rate type defense.... :lmao: :lmao:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know . He almost gave it away but in the end he saved it.

With our upcoming schedule with Det and at SF we would have been staring at 2-4 and probably 2-5. Season over.

But 3-2 saved the season. At least for now. And you could tell by our sidelines and coaches reaction . They know how tough it would have been.

3-3 will be much easier to swallow at the bye. And even 3-4 keeps you in WC hunt. I’m telling ya Cowboy fans. Tonight’s win saved the season. And we couldn’t have pulled it out without him.

Bash him all you want. He may cost us games and playoffs, etc but Tonight he saved the season.

Good night Cowboy fans. Enjoy the win!!
He showed why Jerry paid him. There‘s an entire thread about how Zoners wanted Fields. Where are they now? Hiding under a pile of poop somewhere.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think it's too early to tell, especially considering the players that we're without right now. From what we've seen, the only teams we face after San Fran that I think we can say are better right now are Houston and Tampa Bay. Now, there are several other teams that look like our equals at the moment, but who else in this slate of teams do you think is a likely loss (Washington twice, Philly twice, Cincinnati, Atlanta, New York and Carolina)? It's not like that's a murderer's row.
But that’s what we do in a fan forum , etc. , we speculate as we go. And it can change based on results and current trends, etc.

I think it’s too early to count Egirls out. Bengals probably best worse record team in the league. They have played great in a couple of their losses to Balt and KC. Those performances beat a lot of teams.

So for the fun of it . We can dissect them all. Potential losses Det, at SF, split with Phi & Wash, Hou and maybe even a Tamp or Cin. That’s 6 losses. 9 or 10 wins is about where I had us. 10 looks very optimistic right now.

Last edited:

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I'm not sure why our fans assume things like 3-4 only keeps us in the wild-card hunt. For one thing, we have no idea what the best record in the NFC East is going to be. Sure, Washington's 4-1 at the moment, but with a young QB, you never can tell how that is going to go. If we got it all together and went 8-2 after starting 3-4, there's a decent chance we could still win the East. Considering our injuries, our youth on the line, players expected to return and schedule, we might have a shot at 8-2, with the Texans and Bucs being our greatest challenges after the 49ers. Not saying we're going to do that, just that it's not impossible.
Commanders have had a very easy schedule so far

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But that’s what we do in a fan forum , etc. , we speculate as we go. And it can change based on results and current trends, etc.

I think it’s too early to count Egirls out. Bengals probably best worse record team in the league. They have played great in a couple of their losses to Balt and KC. Those performances beat a lot of teams.

Potential losses Det, at SF, split with Phi & Wash, Hou and maybe even Cin. That’s 6 losses. 9 or 10 wins is about where I had us.
Yes, it’s too early to count any team out.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He showed why Jerry paid him. There‘s an entire thread about how Zoners wanted Fields. Where are they now? Hiding under a pile of poop somewhere.
He made 1 or 2 plays at the end of the game. Prior to that he showed why Jerry should have made him play out his existing contract. Put away the gold jacket already.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He made 1 or 2 plays at the end of the game. Prior to that he showed why Jerry should have made him play out his existing contract. Put away the gold jacket already.
I hear ya but that’s the totality of it. If he had played great entire game but choked in the end most would be bashing him.

We have to give credit along with the blames. If you want to be fair anyway.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Commanders have had a very easy schedule so far
They beat Cleveland about like we beat Cleveland and same with New York, so I think at this point, they may be on the same level as us. But we seemed to play New Orleans at a bad time while Washington got Cincinnati at a good time, and Baltimore is definitely more of a challenge than Arizona (even if the Card did just beat San Fran).

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, you’ve repeatedly shown that you have no clue about football so keep on whining. It’s fun to see a “fan”s misery because the Cowboys won. Shameful on you.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Glad we won. Glad it was Dak who pulled it out. But it's a long season and we have tough opponents ahead. Hope we get the sloppiness cleaned up.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I know . He almost gave it away but in the end he saved it.

With our upcoming schedule with Det and at SF we would have been staring at 2-4 and probably 2-5. Season over.

But 3-2 saved the season. At least for now. And you could tell by our sidelines and coaches reaction . They know how tough it would have been.

3-3 will be much easier to swallow at the bye. And even 3-4 keeps you in WC hunt. I’m telling ya Cowboy fans. Tonight’s win saved the season. And we couldn’t have pulled it out without him.

Bash him all you want. He may cost us games and playoffs, etc but Tonight he saved the season.

Good night Cowboy fans. Enjoy the win!!
considering how hard he tried to end it he should have

glimmerman

Reaction score
The 2 picks. Especially the first one made me mad. The strip fumble is something he has always had a problem with. But seeing him win one in the end was glad to see. He can get it done. This team almost plays better without some of the stars.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Him being aware of that terrible Dowdle fumble on 2nd down saved the game. Had he noticed it even a split second earlier, Pitt recovers that and game over.

Dak made too many mistakes early on but he had a chance to erase it all on one drive and he did. Didn't try and force the ball to CD. Scanned all over and took what Pitt defense gave him and drove it all down the field for the win. The 4th down pass was perfect. Hit Tolbert in stride and put it where Pitt defender couldn't make a play on it. Allowed Tolbert to secure it coming down. Glad we didn't try and force any fades to CD down there.

What this means going forward? Who knows. But for that one moment last night, he was money when we needed it.