Dak saved the season

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Saved the season? Really? It's this kind of hyperbole that gets Dallas fans laughed at around the NFL. He sucked until the last damn play, why can't you see that?
You obviously did read OP just reacting to title .

And might read a few other post:)

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
i know this is a Dak thread, but did anyone notice our best defensive game of the year, or most complete. Without Micah. Not saying he isn't good, but still think he's tremendously overated.
#11 is overrated, and next spring he will be overpaid.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You obviously did read OP just reacting to title .

And might read a few other post:)
Going out on a limb, but maybe I'm reacting to your insinuation that Dak, and ONLY DAK, saved the season. No props to the defense for holding Pissburgh to 17?

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
I know . He almost gave it away but in the end he saved it.

With our upcoming schedule with Det and at SF we would have been staring at 2-4 and probably 2-5. Season over.

But 3-2 saved the season. At least for now. And you could tell by our sidelines and coaches reaction . They know how tough it would have been.

3-3 will be much easier to swallow at the bye. And even 3-4 keeps you in WC hunt. I’m telling ya Cowboy fans. Tonight’s win saved the season. And we couldn’t have pulled it out without him.

Bash him all you want. He may cost us games and playoffs, etc but Tonight he saved the season.

Good night Cowboy fans. Enjoy the win!!
So he saved the season after trying to give away the season three times :laugh: I would have probably waited for a different game before posting this thread:facepalm:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must have me confused with someone else. Im neither a Hater or Homer. I simply call it like I see it. But I do enjoy taking on the extremes. And this title attracts more attention. Lol

We were 1 play away from lighting the dumpster fire and season basically over with brutal upcoming schedule . At 3-2 we at least still have the lifeline light on:)
Okay...I should have prefaced that...and not indicate you personally. Sorry.

But you surely know of what I speak, right?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Going out on a limb, but maybe I'm reacting to your insinuation that Dak, and ONLY DAK, saved the season. No props to the defense for holding Pissburgh to 17?
Of course. We aren’t even in game without. defense . And if Dak hadn’t recovered fumble then thrown TD we could have lit the dumpster fire. And it would have been all on him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So he saved the season after trying to give away the season three times :laugh: I would have probably waited for a different game before posting this thread:facepalm:
Well, if we lost this game his turnovers would have been the core blame. And the end of season rhetoric and dumpster fire would have been lit.

As I said in OP. This at least saved the season for now . Don’t read too much into it :)

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
If we criticize Dak for the bad plays, we have to praise him for the good ones. I hope he and CeeDee get back on the same page. With Brooks and Turp making the best of their opportunites and Tolbert stepping up, defenses will have a lot more to worry about if CeeDee is CeeDee again.

And look out if the run game gets going. I want to see what Cook can do, especially if Dowdle continues to improve.
Absolutely! Let’s see what Cook has, because Zeke ain’t it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know I'm a minority but this was one of the best games of Dak's career. The resilience and toughness he showed through all the adversity and put together a perfect game-winning drive, that's elite QB play.

Sidenote from Parcell ( I'm trying to find the quote/presser)....There was a ton of hype around Romo after balling his first few games as a starter and Parcell cautioned media/fans to put away the anointing oil. As he put it ....lets see how he responds when things aren't going his way, a couple turnovers, and his teammates, coaches and fans are looking to him to pull off a game-winning drive in the final minutes.

In other words, the game/QB position is about pressure, especially when things aren't going your way. What's interesting, we all time about Dak choking but last night showed otherwise. Yes it was just one game but still his critics wanna talk about NOT the game-winning drive and overcoming his turnovers but " he should have had them "

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I know . He almost gave it away but in the end he saved it.

With our upcoming schedule with Det and at SF we would have been staring at 2-4 and probably 2-5. Season over.

But 3-2 saved the season. At least for now. And you could tell by our sidelines and coaches reaction . They know how tough it would have been.

3-3 will be much easier to swallow at the bye. And even 3-4 keeps you in WC hunt. I’m telling ya Cowboy fans. Tonight’s win saved the season. And we couldn’t have pulled it out without him.

Bash him all you want. He may cost us games and playoffs, etc but Tonight he saved the season.

Good night Cowboy fans. Enjoy the win!!
I'm not sure why our fans assume things like 3-4 only keeps us in the wild-card hunt. For one thing, we have no idea what the best record in the NFC East is going to be. Sure, Washington's 4-1 at the moment, but with a young QB, you never can tell how that is going to go. If we got it all together and went 8-2 after starting 3-4, there's a decent chance we could still win the East. Considering our injuries, our youth on the line, players expected to return and schedule, we might have a shot at 8-2, with the Texans and Bucs being our greatest challenges after the 49ers. Not saying we're going to do that, just that it's not impossible.

MS17

Reaction score
the fumble recovery on 3rd down.
then the game winner right after.
he made the 2 most important plays of the season.
the fumble recovery on 3rd down, at the 4 yl. Typified an otherwise ugly, chippy, slug it out Steelers game.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
LOL.

Kind of like when he loses how its all on him.

Defense gives up 200 yards plus on the ground. Dak.

Ball bounces off of WR and gets picked. Dak.

Dak throws for 400 and 4 TDs but the defense gives up 500 and 5 TDs. Dak.

I can do this all day.

Wins and losses have always been a TEAM stat.
Yeah but Dak saved the season. Context bro…. Context

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not sure why our fans assume things like 3-4 only keeps us in the wild-card hunt. For one thing, we have no idea what the best record in the NFC East is going to be. Sure, Washington's 4-1 at the moment, but with a young QB, you never can tell how that is going to go. If we got it all together and went 8-2 after starting 3-4, there's a decent chance we could still win the East. Considering our injuries, our youth on the line, players expected to return and schedule, we might have a shot at 8-2, with the Texans and Bucs being our greatest challenges after the 49ers. Not saying we're going to do that, just that it's not impossible.
Sure, anything is possible . But I’m looking at what is more likely . At least based on what we’ve seen and anticipated going in.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Context.

He doesn't land on that fumble. The season is possibly lost on a costly fumble by Dowdle. That loss gets pinned on Dak.
Yea , at least until next week. How big does it become avoiding 2-4 going into the bye?

And why I’d argue this win at least saves the season for now . Stay tuned it could change:)