Dak should learn from Russel Wilson on deep throws

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Russell Wilson has the best deep ball in the NFL and Dak should incorporate his throwing motion into his own.

He also needs to improve in red-zone efficiency and break some records. He can throw for 45 TDs this season minimum and put away the critiques about Cowboys’s red-zone woes.

Red-zone equals money zone and he needs to contribute his effort that reflects the pay check. That means more control of offense by audibles and motioning players to create spacing.

You don't just incorporate someone else's throwing motion. Everyone is built differently, and throwing motions can and will vary. Whatever success Wilson has as a deep passer doesn't just boil down to throwing motion - it's a good feel for judging the WR's speed and leading him accordingly, and for the right trajectory and location of a throw to give the receiver a good opportunity to catch the pass.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Do all these rankings consider a deep pass as only 20 yards or more? Again, don't think the OP is talking about that but he can clarify.
I just found a few links and posted. not sure what's considered deep pass. perhaps he is thinking 30,40 yard throws.....everyone has their own definition seemingly. I did find a stat that did a break down by distance, 10,20,40+....looking for that one but haven't found it yet....will post when I do....

but I don't disagree totally with one point in the OP.....Brady has a throwing coach he worked with every summer. he adjusted his throwing motion over the years, which is some thing all NFL QBs should do. its their life line, how they make their living and they should perfect it as much as possible....not sure if Dak, Wilson or the rest of them do that or not...but just that I had read this about Brady.

Proof

Reaction score
You replied to my post implying that I'm a "Dak hater" because I mentioned that the Cowboys won the game, not Dak, and I also pointed out that not only did Dak not win the game, but he was outplayed by Wilson and Zeke rushed for 140 yards.

That's not being a "Dak hater". That's just being honest about it.

russel didn't outplay him though, and lost lol. just the fact that you ran to point out that "dak didn't win" says enough. you stay ready to argue dak down, it's not everyone else calling you out being crazy

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
russel didn't outplay him though, and lost lol. just the fact that you ran to point out that "dak didn't win" says enough. you stay ready to argue dak down, it's not everyone else calling you out being crazy
Post Dak and Wilsons stats side by side and let's discuss it.

Proof

Reaction score
Post Dak and Wilsons stats side by side and let's discuss it.

Certainly

Dak 22/33 226 yds 1 td 1 int. 6 carries 29 yds 1 td
Russ 18/27 yds 1 td 3 carries 14 yds 1 td

So side by side, without even needing any context, you can see the numbers are practically identical. we could stop right there. BUT since you asked, I'll provide context as well
the one difference that jumps out at you is that Dak threw a pick, and Russ didnt. however, that interception was a bobbled ball that bounced off noah browns hands at the goal line and was caught after bouncing in the air and off his helmet suspended in the air for what seemed like an eternity. 9 times out of 10 that's a touchdown and makes the comparison that much more clear.

Beyond that fluky play, a good chunk of russ yardage and his passing td came w/ the game practically put away with the Cowboys up 10 with under two minutes to play. even with that stad padding, the numbers are nearly identical.

Lastly, you keep mentioning zeke's 140 yds... Dak put up the same line Russ did, with zeke getting numbers himself.

Anyway you slice it, no Russ didn't outplay dak by any means.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Certainly

Dak 22/33 226 yds 1 td 1 int. 6 carries 29 yds 1 td
Russ 18/27 yds 1 td 3 carries 14 yds 1 td

So side by side, without even needing any context, you can see the numbers are practically identical. we could stop right there. BUT since you asked, I'll provide context as well
the one difference that jumps out at you is that Dak threw a pick, and Russ didnt. however, that interception was a bobbled ball that bounced off noah browns hands at the goal line and was caught after bouncing in the air and off his helmet suspended in the air for what seemed like an eternity. 9 times out of 10 that's a touchdown and makes the comparison that much more clear.

Beyond that fluky play, a good chunk of russ yardage and his passing td came w/ the game practically put away with the Cowboys up 10 with under two minutes to play. even with that stad padding, the numbers are nearly identical.

Lastly, you keep mentioning zeke's 140 yds... Dak put up the same line Russ did, with zeke getting numbers himself.

Anyway you slice it, no Russ didn't outplay dak by any means.
I think more yards, same TDs, and less turnovers = Better game, but that's just me.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think more yards, same TDs, and less turnovers = Better game, but that's just me.

Remember that every time the Cowboys lose and Dak has a better stat line than the opposing QB.. Well you won't have to.. I'm sure plenty of people will remind you of this take every time it happens..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Remember that every time the Cowboys lose and Dak has a better stat line than the opposing QB.. Well you won't have to.. I'm sure plenty of people will remind you of this take every time it happens..
You remember that also.

You guys just ignore that Dak was "on pace" to lead the NFL in turnovers when you talk about 2020. All you see are those yards.

Proof

Reaction score

I mean if you INSIST on being disingenuous then lets go with Dak had more TOTAL yards, a fluky to that should have been an additional td, and the Dub. All while needing to do less thanks to Zeke's performance.

But sure, Russ's padded stats on the last meaningless drive definitely made it close.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I mean if you INSIST on being disingenuous then lets go with Dak had more TOTAL yards, a fluky to that should have been an additional td, and the Dub. All while needing to do less thanks to Zeke's performance.

But sure, Russ's padded stats on the last meaningless drive definitely made it close.
So, when it's Russ it's "padding stats", but Dak putting up crazy numbers while down 4 TDs in the 4th quarter is trying to win?

Proof

Reaction score
So, when it's Russ it's "padding stats", but Dak putting up crazy numbers while down 4 TDs in the 4th quarter is trying to win?

I'm not sure who you're referencing. We can just deal with the conversation you and I are having. Russ was trying to win, and the additional stats he got at the very end in that failed pursuit, evened him up w/ Dak. Call it padding (i did) or whatever you like, it didn't exist in the first 3 and a half quarters lol. Certainly didnt outplay Dak by any stretch which is the main point of discussion.

Proof

Reaction score
Also, Since Dak had more yards, and more tds than zeke, would we say he outplayed him? and was more responsible for the win? or is there something I'm missing

remember this play?

outplayed who? lmao

erod

Reaction score
I believe Russell Wilson has the best deep ball in the NFL and Dak should incorporate his throwing motion into his own.

He also needs to improve in red-zone efficiency and break some records. He can throw for 45 TDs this season minimum and put away the critiques about Cowboys’s red-zone woes.

Red-zone equals money zone and he needs to contribute his effort that reflects the pay check. That means more control of offense by audibles and motioning players to create spacing.

Should.

Can't.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure who you're referencing. We can just deal with the conversation you and I are having. Russ was trying to win, and the additional stats he got at the very end in that failed pursuit, evened him up w/ Dak. Call it padding (i did) or whatever you like, it didn't exist in the first 3 and a half quarters lol. Certainly didnt outplay Dak by any stretch which is the main point of discussion.
Dak had Zeke and Russ didn't and that ultimately was the difference.

I can see why one would think Dak outplayed Russ though. The stats were very similar. The only thing separating them at the end is Dak threw an INT and Russ didn't.

I don't believe either guy played well enough to win a playoff game. It just so happened that they were playing against each other lol

Proof

Reaction score
Dak had Zeke and Russ didn't and that ultimately was the difference.

I can see why one would think Dak outplayed Russ though. The stats were very similar. The only thing separating them at the end is Dak threw an INT and Russ didn't.

I don't believe either guy played well enough to win a playoff game. It just so happened that they were playing against each other lol

right so since Russ didn't have Zeke, his numbers should have been notably better (out of necessity). Also Dak gifted Zeke his lone touchdown w/ his herculean (essentially game winning) run on 3:14 that stopped on the inch mark.

You're just flat out wrong my dude.