Dak should learn from Russel Wilson on deep throws

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I believe Russell Wilson has the best deep ball in the NFL and Dak should incorporate his throwing motion into his own.

He also needs to improve in red-zone efficiency and break some records. He can throw for 45 TDs this season minimum and put away the critiques about Cowboys’s red-zone woes.

Red-zone equals money zone and he needs to contribute his effort that reflects the pay check. That means more control of offense by audibles and motioning players to create spacing.

Lear I g won’t make his arm as strong as simp Wilson’s.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Hopefully,when we get there, Our QB will not throw an interception on the one yard line! Funny how every talking head never brings that up on any given network or thread? Do not blame Pete, he did not throw that pass.And yea I know Russ has a superbowl....or was that Defense responsible??

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
What a weird thread. Dak’s deep throws are as good as anyone in the league….the Dak troll must’ve malfunctioned or something or forgot he was on his Dak troll burner account.
Dak is a great quarterback but he’s closer to the Brees/Brady tier of quarterback than Mahomes/Rodgers of deep throw ability/accuracy in terms of best of the best in that regard.

But I saw his X-factor in that 2016 playoff game. If the cowboys get to the playoffs I don’t see us not making the super bowl as long as Dak has a chance to score at the end of a game.

He’s got ice :omg: in his veins. I see it in certain QBs like Watson, Mahomes, Wilson, and Rodgers.

They have a gravity that can make a team win!

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Dak is a great quarterback but he’s closer to the Brees/Brady tier of quarterback than Mahomes/Rodgers of deep throw ability/accuracy in terms of best of the best in that regard.

But I saw his X-factor in that 2016 playoff game. If the cowboys get to the playoffs I don’t see us not making the super bowl as long as Dak has a chance to score at the end of a game.

He’s got ice :omg: in his veins. I see it in certain QBs like Watson, Mahomes, Wilson, and Rodgers.

I don't remember what year of madden it was, but it was on playstation 2. I would play as the bengals because of ochocinco, tj, and henry, but the Brady to Moss deep ball was unstoppable and overpowered. I don't think there has ever been a better deep ball connection than that year of madden between those two. Those losses still piss me off.

jrumann59

Reaction score
A QBs mechanics are their mechanics. Most have been a QB for so long you coulds tweak a few things but you are not going to change their overall throwing motion. They are like pitchers in baseball. They were taught a certain way when they are young.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Aye I'm just saying statistically Dak is up there with some of the best in the league in regards to throwing the deep ball. I Think the issue earlier was he didn't do it enough.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I mean, I don't care if people think I'm a hater or not.

I was asked if I was and I explained how I am not and gave my reasoning behind it.

If you want to think I am then that's cool with me. Go Cowboys!
Thank you. That means a lot.

Lutonio

Reaction score
If you mean learn some of the technique and mechanics, then yes.

But Wilson played so horribly down the stretch last year that I’m convinced he floated that trade rumor to help deflect some scrutiny away from his game. He held the ball too long because of big game hunting and didn’t take what was open.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I believe the OP is talking about outright bomb throws and Wilson's mechanics in doing so. Wilson does that heads and tails above other QBs. I believe PFF considers 20 yards a deep pass. In the minds of most, it's not. In Dak's career, how many outright bombs has he thrown that you can remember? There's not a ton. Wilson has been slinging accurate deep balls almost since he entered the league. Would love to get ahold of stats that show something like the ball's yards in the air. That would be the best comparison for something like that.

Don't get me wrong. Bomb passes are like home runs in baseball. It's the sexy play but sometimes they come in handy. Look at that Buffalo-Detroit preseason game last night. A bomb got Buffalo the win with like a minute left in the game. Even in the Super Bowl Seattle lost, a bomb throw by Wilson was what even got them in position to score at the end before the Butler INT. And of course Wilson won that year's NFC Championship Game with an overtime bomb. Would be nice if you can do it consistently like he does.
So I guess Tom Brady needs to work on it too? Those 7 or 8 or I lost count, Super Bowls are meaningless. And BTW, all Dallas QBs struggle in the redzone. I think it's a coaching issue.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So I guess Tom Brady needs to work on it too? Those 7 or 8 or I lost count, Super Bowls are meaningless. And BTW, all Dallas QBs struggle in the redzone. I think it's a coaching issue.

Dak is a good QB who keeps getting better. For most of his career he has been near the top in pretty much every statistical ranking and he seems to be climbing higher in those all around rankings each year. That seems to bother some people who appear to have made huge bets against his success. All of which makes it their problem.. not mine..

MarcusRock

Reaction score

And that has what to do with the fact that Dak doesn't throw as good a deep ball as Wilson? Brady threw a nice one at the end of the first half of the NFCCG and has for a lot of his career. You want to bring up Phillip Rivers next to try to change the topic?