Dak should learn from Russel Wilson on deep throws

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Since y'all are talking about that game, we won it 24-22. What made it close in the end was that Wilson threw a 53 yard bomb to Lockett to help them score in 0:50 to give them a watermelon kick's chance to pull it out. This is back to the OP's point and mine later that being able to throw bombs comes in handy and it would be nice to have. Not the end-all, be-all, but tell that to the Minnesota Vikings after the original Hail Mary.

Proof

Reaction score
Since y'all are talking about that game, we won it 24-22. What made it close in the end was that Wilson threw a 53 yard bomb to Lockett to help them score in 0:50 to give them a watermelon kick's chance to pull it out. This is back to the OP's point and mine later that being able to throw bombs comes in handy and it would be nice to have. Not the end-all, be-all, but tell that to the Minnesota Vikings after the original Hail Mary.

it is. that was a very wilsonesque throw

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You remember that also.

You guys just ignore that Dak was "on pace" to lead the NFL in turnovers when you talk about 2020. All you see are those yards.

There you go again peddling a false narrative like it's fact.. The fact of the matter is Dak can never lead the NFL in turnovers as long as Daniel Jones and Carson Wentz are playing.

Here are some salient facts for you..

Through 5 games in 2020 Dak had 4 INTs and 3 fumbles 7 turnovers
Through 5 games in 2020 Daniel Jones had 5 INTs and 3 fumbles 8 turnovers.. which at least using conventional math is more than 7
Through 5 games in 2020 Carson Wentz had 9 INTs and 1 fumble.. 10 turnovers.. Goodness gracious. By my count 10 is also more than 7..

Again.. you may not be an idiot.. but you espouse a lot of idiotic takes. Dak wasn't even leading the NFC East in turnovers when he went down... Care to try again?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He also needs to improve in red-zone efficiency and break some records.

lmao oh is that all? He just needs to go out and break some records.

I'll hand it to OP, he's definitely prolific at posting. If only the quality matched the quantity. Oh well, it worked for Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
There you go again peddling a false narrative like it's fact.. The fact of the matter is Dak can never lead the NFL in turnovers as long as Daniel Jones and Carson Wentz are playing.

Here are some salient facts for you..

Through 5 games in 2020 Dak had 4 INTs and 3 fumbles 7 turnovers
Through 5 games in 2020 Daniel Jones had 5 INTs and 3 fumbles 8 turnovers.. which at least using conventional math is more than 7
Through 5 games in 2020 Carson Wentz had 9 INTs and 1 fumble.. 10 turnovers.. Goodness gracious. By my count 10 is also more than 7..

Again.. you may not be an idiot.. but you espouse a lot of idiotic takes. Dak wasn't even leading the NFC East in turnovers when he went down... Care to try again?
So, you're using the "on pace" through 4 games argument for guys that actually played more than 4 games?

Reaching much?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So, you're using the "on pace" through 4 games argument for guys that actually played more than 4 games?

Reaching much?

Nice attempt at goal post moving.. To bad you're still wrong.

Let's look at the running tallies shall we?

Week 1 - Dak 0 , Jones 2, Wentz 3 .. Dak looks to trailing here.. You have a different interpretation?
Week 2 - Dak 1, Jones 2, Wentz 2.. So now it's 5 and 4 to 1. Dak needs to pick up the pace huh?
Week 3 - Dak 3, Jones 2, Wentz 2. 7 to 6 to 4. Dak made up some ground but still trailing
Week 4 - Dak 2, Jones 1, Wentz 1 8 to 7 to 6 .. Dak still bringing up the rear..

So at no point in 2020 was Dak even tied for the lead IN HIS OWN DIVISION!.. Yet he was apparently "on pace to lead the NFL" according to some expert on the internet.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Nice attempt at goal post moving.. To bad you're still wrong.

Let's look at the running tallies shall we?

Week 1 - Dak 0 , Jones 2, Wentz 3 .. Dak looks to trailing here.. You have a different interpretation?
Week 2 - Dak 1, Jones 2, Wentz 2.. So now it's 5 and 4 to 1. Dak needs to pick up the pace huh?
Week 3 - Dak 3, Jones 2, Wentz 2. 7 to 6 to 4. Dak made up some ground but still trailing
Week 4 - Dak 2, Jones 1, Wentz 1 8 to 7 to 6 .. Dak still bringing up the rear..

So at no point in 2020 was Dak even tied for the lead IN HIS OWN DIVISION!.. Yet he was apparently "on pace to lead the NFL" according to some expert on the internet.
Look at what Jones and Wentz ended the season with then project what Dak would've done if he finished the season.

If we was "on pace" to throw for 6,000 like ya'll LOVE to tell everyone, then tell me how many turnover he was also on pace for.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Look at what Jones and Wentz ended the season with then project what Dak would've done if he finished the season.

If we was "on pace" to throw for 6,000 like ya'll LOVE to tell everyone, then tell me how many turnover he was also on pace for.

Again trying to move the goal post.. You really do have no shame do you.. Jones missed games due to injury and Wentz missed games due to sucking so bad. If not for those two eventualities I have no doubt that both would have continued to "lead" Dak in turnovers.. No matter how much you try to twist and turn.. whatever pace he was on for turnovers.. he was ALWAYS behind those two.. But apparently in your mind he was going to have a Romo game at any moment and pass them up.. You go head and run with that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Again trying to move the goal post.. You really do have no shame do you.. Jones missed games due to injury and Wentz missed games due to sucking so bad. If not for those two eventualities I have no doubt that both would have continued to "lead" Dak in turnovers.. No matter how much you try to twist and turn.. whatever pace he was on for turnovers.. he was ALWAYS behind those two.. But apparently in your mind he was going to have a Romo game at any moment and pass them up.. You go head and run with that.
If not for this, if not for that, blah blah blah

Why bring up Romo? Are you one of those that like to hate on older players to try and prop your guy Dak up?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I remember so guy posting in a romo thread crying about how Romo hurt his feelings and went Hollywood. lmao. oh my, this is true.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If not for this, if not for that, blah blah blah

Why bring up Romo? Are you one of those that like to hate on older players to try and prop your guy Dak up?

Nah.. I deal in facts.. At no time last year Dak "on pace to lead the NFL in turnovers" which is what you stated and I fairly easily disproved. You can twist and turn all you want but the bottom line is you have once again spouted some BS and been called on it. You don't like being called on it.. Stop spouting BS.. It's a simple equation.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Nah.. I deal in facts.. At no time last year Dak "on pace to lead the NFL in turnovers" which is what you stated and I fairly easily disproved. You can twist and turn all you want but the bottom line is you have once again spouted some BS and been called on it. You don't like being called on it.. Stop spouting BS.. It's a simple equation.
Do you really think I care what you think? You really think that don't you? You exist on an internet message board to me. That's it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some QBs, like Wilson, just have gifts that Dak doesn't have.

Some guys are blessed with the kind of talent.
You mean like Prescott has the best play action. Most accurate went on the move. Everybody has some thing they do better than some thing else

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How fast people forget. Prescott has one of the best play action moves in the league. One of the most accurate if not the most accurate when on the move. But they don’t like to talk about that

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Outside of Mahomes and Rodgers, I’m sure every QB in the league wished they threw a Deep ball like Russ lol
Me Mahomes, Mr. Hail Mary. The guy who likes to throw his receivers under the bus. I’ll keep Prescott. Or Wilson any day before him. Same thing with Rogers. You can have them