Dak Thinks 8-8 establishes him as marquee?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok ok you got me....that 9-7 and 10-6 we're amazing baby!!!
You said the standard was 8-8, so regardless of how you felt about the 9-7 and 10-6, your comment was still false, as is normal with your posts.

I always find it funny how you pretend the 13-3 never happened. But, adjusting or ignoring or fabricating what you purport to be facts to fit your narrative is your norm.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No, they don't, because last year was not the only year he has played in the NFL, and the team record in one season isn't the lone factor being looked at.

If you are going to pin everything on the team record in one season, where would that have left Aaron Rodgers after a 6-9 record in 2018?

I say it does..move on

weve been arguing daks contract demands for 18months now.. he thinks he belongs with the big boys and since 2018 hes ont he decline instead of stats doesnt matter just lie OP said..Dak may not be the reason we have missed the playoff 2 of 3 years and started 3-5 in 2018 and last year is all we need to say what have you done for me lately BUT he also has not helped the team overcome its deficiency's and that says hes tier 2 qb who should have taken 30 mil and then proved hes a 35mil élite qb with wins.. Rogers has skins on his wall, stop making comps to greats..Daks not in Rogers league even if Rogers has a down year..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I would venture to say that it is the single biggest waste of time and resources in team history. Other failed coaches had legitimate excuses, and many had the plug pulled on their tenures quite quickly. Garrett on the other hand, had more talent, cap room, and opportunity than any of them, and nobody did less with more.

God bless his heart...lol. His problem, at least to me was that he wanted to be a players coach,,,kind of wanting to do something he never did before cause he was smart...most times, the smartest people in the room have no clue.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I say it does..move on

weve been arguing daks contract demands for 18months now.. he thinks he belongs with the big boys and since 2018 hes ont he decline instead of stats doesnt matter just lie OP said..Dak may not be the reason we have missed the playoff 2 of 3 years and started 3-5 in 2018 and last year is all we need to say what have you done for me lately BUT he also has not helped the team overcome its deficiency's and that says hes tier 2 qb who should have taken 30 mil and then proved hes a 35mil élite qb with wins.. Rogers has skins on his wall, stop making comps to greats..Daks not in Rogers league even if Rogers has a down year..
lol - and I say it doesn't, so you move on.

Face it, if team record in one year is the stand alone standard, then you have to either apply the same standard to all QB's, or you have to accept that you are judging Dak with a double standard. If skins on the wall prior to the bad team season matter, that means the record in one season is not a stand alone standard. But, you are using that as the standard for Dak.

By the way, I didn't compare Dak to Rodgers, I compared situations. And with those situations you proved with one player it's not all about team record in one season, but with the other it is all about team record in one season.

But let's talk about other situations involving great QB's. Were you aware Drew Brees didn't win his first playoff game until his 6th season in the NFL, and as recently as 2014-2016 went 3 straight years with only 7 wins per season?

I know you will say I'm comparing Dak to Brees, but that's not what I'm doing. I'm not saying Dak is at that level, I only saying that these situations with Brees prove that going solely off team wins in a single season, or even a few season, is not an accurate way to judge a QB.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Face it, if team record in one year is the stand alone standard, then you have to either apply the same standard to all QB's, or you have to accept that you are judging Dak with a double standard. If skins on the wall prior to the bad team season matter, that means the record in one season is not a stand alone standard. But, you are using that as the standard for Dak.

By the way, I didn't compare Dak to Rodgers, I compared situations. And with those situations you proved with one player it's not all about team record in one season, but with the other it is all about team record in one season.

But let's talk about other situations involving great QB's. Were you aware Drew Brees didn't win his first playoff game until his 6th season in the NFL, and as recently as 2014-2016 went 3 straight years with only 7 wins per season?

I know you will say I'm comparing Dak to Brees, but that's not what I'm doing. I'm not saying Dak is at that level, I only saying that these situations with Brees prove that going solely off team wins in a single season, or even a few season, is not an accurate way to judge a QB.
I say it does

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would venture to say that it is the single biggest waste of time and resources in team history. Other failed coaches had legitimate excuses, and many had the plug pulled on their tenures quite quickly. Garrett on the other hand, had more talent, cap room, and opportunity than any of them, and nobody did less with more.

Without a doubt. I have said it many times. Garrett is the worst HC I have ever seen and worst in Cowboys history.

blueblood70

Reaction score

rogers and Brees has carried their teams they got their deals like Wilson and many others that Dak wants to be in the company of and all have been to or won SBS...

Dak hasn't shown he can actually lift, carry, or pull his team when truly down in abig game .. hes a team guy a team player he isnt in class of QBs who can carry teams therefore his demands are insane.. many believe that and we will be split forever.. its the point the OP was making..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rogers and Brees has carried their teams they got their deals like Wilson and many others that Dak wants to be in the company of and all have been to or won SBS...

Dak hasn't shown he can actually lift, carry, or pull his team when truly down in abig game .. hes a team guy a team player he isnt in class of QBs who can carry teams therefore his demands are insane.. many believe that and we will be split forever.. its the point the OP was making..

I do keep asking people to show me where HE lifts this team up and makes them better. They say "buutttt.....5000 yards dude". Romo clearly made a lot of receivers better than what they were, better than how they performed with other teams.

This is not Dak hate. I'm perfectly fine with a bus driver. And paid like one. No problem.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Let's look at this a minute:
Does 8-8 make a team or their quarterback special?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against an Eagles team that was playing 2nd and 3rd Stringers? This was the game that defined Dak Prescott as to whether or not he could carry the team when they needed him.
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bills?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Saints?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bears?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Jets?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Patriots?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Vikings?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against any team in contention for a playoff spot?
Stats don't win Super Bowls. Players who show up when their team needs them win Super Bowls.
Dak isn't a leader. Leaders show up when the game- or the season, for that matter- is on the line.
When the Cowboys couldn't beat the Jets or the Eagles to get into the playoffs, it spoke volumes. When Dak couldn't lead the team when they needed him the most and get past even the weaker teams, it spoke volumes.
Actions speak louder than words. Dak threw the ball into the ground on 4th down.
He doesn't show up when the Cowboys need him to lead.
He simply is along for the ride when they beat up the weak teams.
QBs don't have win-loss records. That is a team statistic.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah, let's ignore the yards, TD, pick rate/ratio, QB rating, QBR, and every individual stat. . . . .

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said the standard was 8-8, so regardless of how you felt about the 9-7 and 10-6, your comment was still false, as is normal with your posts.

I always find it funny how you pretend the 13-3 never happened. But, adjusting or ignoring or fabricating what you purport to be facts to fit your narrative is your norm.

We won a SB 25 years ago and what now??
Its a what have you done for me lately league......
Would you like us if Dak is stinking it up again to trade a no 1 pick and get him some more help???
Tell us bud the Star exists to satisfy the Dak man!!!:muttley::facepalm:

LocoBates

Reaction score
Jared Goff - 33-21-0 $49,677,990 in career earnings PLUS $33,500,000 average annual salary
Carson Wentz - 32-24-0 - $39,676,339 in career earnings PLUS $32,000,000 average annual salary
Dak Prescott - 40-24-0 - $4,903,172 in career earnings

200.gif

Conveniently you "dropped" one key stat out of your comment:

Jared Goff Super Bowls 0-1
Carson Wentz Super Bowls 1-0
Dakota Prescott Super Bowls 0-0

200.gif

*What about endorsements for playing for America's Team? where is that $50M fiigure?

Rookies salary is rookies salary, that's what it is, Dakota didn't play for free and earned the rookie salary he and many other rookie players suppose to earn when they are rookies in the NFL. It is not the FO's fault that some stupid teams pay their rookie players big contracts early while still under rookie contract just for later regret it.
Those who say that Dakota gave us a huge discount during the rookie years and he should be compensated for "all those years being underpaid" must had started following the NFL last year.

Last edited:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Where did Dak say 8-8 establishes him as "marquee"?

Just pulling things out of you backside again? Seems you have a lot of storage space back there.
Dak, is SAYING it loud and clear in his contract demands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cern

Reaction score
Only the upcoming season matters. I'm so happy garrett's gone little else matters to me. Let's see what a new coaching staff can do with the team.