Dak, Time to get smart

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My first Dak thread, ever if memory serves.

Dak, can you seriously not see what this agent is doing to you? You are now appearing to be self-centered, completely eaten up w/ greed, and a guy who doesn't care a wit about the team or your teammates or any of that.

Is this the case? If it is, well OK. If this is not the case, please please please fire this bucket of self serving BS and get a real agent as Mahomes did. That is how a contract should be done, not this drawn out mess.
th

glimmerman

Reaction score
Quick question.

If some are saying the FO or JJ isn’t sold on Dak then why is the contract hold up the length. And it’s JJ and the FO that wants the long term deal, it’s Daks side that wants short term.

Compare Romo’s actual first 4 years starting to Daks. Compare stats to most of the starting QBs over the last 4 years and he is right up there. The only argument is the talent of the team Dak is on...

kskboys

Reaction score
The sad part is, w/ any Dak thread, you have maybe a page of decent posting before things get stupid. I haven't been back to my own thread since what, page 2? And there's no reason to, as you see the exact same people saying the exact same things, and then the insults start flying and the childishness takes over. Yeah, it is rather amusing........THE FIRST THREE THOUSAND TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quick question.

If some are saying the FO or JJ isn’t sold on Dak then why is the contract hold up the length. And it’s JJ and the FO that wants the long term deal, it’s Daks side that wants short term.

Compare Romo’s actual first 4 years starting to Daks. Compare stats to most of the starting QBs over the last 4 years and he is right up there. The only argument is the talent of the team Dak is on...
They are more sold on him than he is on them. QB's changing teams are not a new thing and for one to spend his entire career with one team is unusual.

Prescott's agent has the projection table all laid out with the cap predictors and effect on QB salaries and he is very in tune to the Joneses past history with picking QB's, they're luck dependent which wouldn't be so bad but they're not good negotiators with their other stars and don't have the discipline to manage the cap better.

The cardinal sin in the NFL is too much to too few and they commit it on an ongoing basis. And their stock line "we like ours" is a joke. They should like some others better. They aren't players in FA. Look at the better teams in the NFC and check out their FA moves.

What I don't get is why in the hell do we care what they pay any player? Their incompetence isn't as much about money as it is about talent evaluation.

kskboys

Reaction score
Quick question.

Team friendly contracts have several definitions. In this one, the Cowboys want a longer deal so they can finagle the numbers if more talent is needed in certain areas of the team.

In essence, you can actually conclude that Dak is not interested in the team around him being good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The sad part is, w/ any Dak thread, you have maybe a page of decent posting before things get stupid. I haven't been back to my own thread since what, page 2? And there's no reason to, as you see the exact same people saying the exact same things, and then the insults start flying and the childishness takes over. Yeah, it is rather amusing........THE FIRST THREE THOUSAND TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brother, any thread about that player is going to end up just like that, just like the Romo threads always did.

kskboys

Reaction score
They are more sold on him than he is on them. QB's changing teams are not a new thing and for one to spend his entire career with one team is unusual.

Prescott's agent has the projection table all laid out with the cap predictors and effect on QB salaries and he is very in tune to the Joneses past history with picking QB's, they're luck dependent which wouldn't be so bad but they're not good negotiators with their other stars and don't have the discipline to manage the cap better.

The cardinal sin in the NFL is too much to too few and they commit it on an ongoing basis. And their stock line "we like ours" is a joke. They should like some others better. They aren't players in FA. Look at the better teams in the NFC and check out their FA moves.

What I don't get is why in the hell do we care what they pay any player? Their incompetence isn't as much about money as it is about talent evaluation.
We care because as fans, we wish for a super bowl contender. Paying a few players huge contracts keeps you from that.

I'd actually ask you the opposite question, how can any fan not be concerned?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Team friendly contracts have several definitions. In this one, the Cowboys want a longer deal so they can finagle the numbers if more talent is needed in certain areas of the team.

In essence, you can actually conclude that Dak is not interested in the team around him being good.
Can you? Or from what he has seen does it really matter if he cuts them a deal and leaves a little crust on the bread? What the hell are they going to do with it. Pay the DE what they're paying? No reason to give people stupid with their money more money.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We care because as fans, we wish for a super bowl contender. Paying a few players huge contracts keeps you from that.

I'd actually ask you the opposite question, how can any fan not be concerned?
Because you have the history of the poor management of these people.

That idiot son decided they'd not be major players in FA because they're crappy at it. So, they overpay what they keep and have to depend on drafts picks and journeyman affordable FA's. Booger is looking for bargains because he's over spent and made bad decisions too many times. That MO has never changed.

The difference between me and those that think these clowns can put together a real SB team is that I know they do not posses the skill or talent to do that so it all comes down to luck, right team at the right time and almost perfect health. Couple of key injuries and the wheels come off because they're not good team builders and that's not about money. Backups are like insurance policies to them.

The real beauty of the cap is that it separates the contenders from the pretenders.

glimmerman

Reaction score

It’s the off season, we have nothing else to do right now. If there is no football this year then it’s going to get worse..

kskboys

Reaction score

That idiot son decided they'd not be major players in FA because they're crappy at it. So, they overpay what they keep and have to depend on drafts picks and journeyman affordable FA's. Booger is looking for bargains because he's over spent and made bad decisions too many times. That MO has never changed.

The difference between me and those that think these clowns can put together a real SB team is that I know they do not posses the skill or talent to do that so it all comes down to luck, right team at the right time and almost perfect health. Couple of key injuries and the wheels come off because they're not good team builders and that's not about money. Backups are like insurance policies to them.

The real beauty of the cap is that it separates the contenders from the pretenders.
That's why I've given an inordinate amount of hope to McC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because I have no choice!!! Our only shot is if Jerry gives McC enough leash to make a difference. The signings of McCoy, Poe, and Haha say it's possible!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Can you? Or from what he has seen does it really matter if he cuts them a deal and leaves a little crust on the bread? What the hell are they going to do with it. Pay the DE what they're paying? No reason to give people stupid with their money more money.
Since I'm a Cowboys fan, gotta keep hoping and strategizing.

Basically, if this is Dak's attempt to get out of here, I cannot say that I'd blame him.

kskboys

Reaction score

And CC, if you have given up hope for postseason success due to the incompetence of this org, I do not blame you. I'm not built that way, couldn't give up if I wanted to.

glimmerman

Reaction score

There is a lot of teams that do this. The rams over paid there RB and then give goff all that money also. I am sure that there is other positions on the defense that’s over paid also. They paid and got lucky and made a SB. In which the great goff played terrible. Heck the chiefs got lucky that the 49ers quit running the ball or the super man mahomes wouldn’t have been the MVP. He threw 2 picks and the 49ers were up by 10. The second pick was thrown behind the WR and tipped into the defenders hands. Does that pass sound familiar. But the 49ers went pass instead and kept giving the chiefs more possessions. Seen Dak bring the team back when given enough opportunities.

A lot of these teams have those magical seasons when the stars line up for them. Teams like the pats dynasty are hard to do.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Since I'm a Cowboys fan, gotta keep hoping and strategizing.

Basically, if this is Dak's attempt to get out of here, I cannot say that I'd blame him.
Dak will get paid. And he wants to be here. But he knows that JJ didn’t want him to begin with. So he wants to prove him wrong, which he did. And wants him to pay his worth..

glimmerman

Reaction score
And CC, if you have given up hope for postseason success due to the incompetence of this org, I do not blame you. I'm not built that way, couldn't give up if I wanted to.
Never give up. Most teams over pay some players. They hope that player can be the difference.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak will get paid. And he wants to be here. But he knows that JJ didn’t want him to begin with. So he wants to prove him wrong, which he did. And wants him to pay his worth..
Completely disagree. Dak's been offered more than Wilson money. Dak wants more than his worth.

If this was about Dak wanting his worth, this deal would've been done in 2019 during last season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Completely disagree. Dak's been offered more than Wilson money. Dak wants more than his worth.

If this was about Dak wanting his worth, this deal would've been done in 2019 during last season.
I see where your coming from. I think it’s comes down to listening to your agent. His agent wants to get him back to the table ASAP. Gambling money and new TV money coming soon and his agent wants some of it. His agent pulled the plug on the deal after the first 3 games of 2019. Trying to squeeze more money. Dak will sign when he is told. It’s up to him to call and say enough and I want to sign.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is true and I am not sure when what used to be a 16 game season became 16 1 game seasons but it did. Going to need luck for postseason success.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why I've given an inordinate amount of hope to McC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because I have no choice!!! Our only shot is if Jerry gives McC enough leash to make a difference. The signings of McCoy, Poe, and Haha say it's possible!!!
He was one of my two choices so I was happy with that; however, I never underestimate the Booger Effect once the season gets going and I think he's more dangerous the better things go because he needs so much attention. If it struggles, he might hang back and let McC take the heat.

I am a fan of the man in search of redemption when his replacement rookie HC takes his team to the NFCCG while he sits on the beach. I do not know how much Mike has to give but the Cowboys will get all of it. Same for Nolan, he wasn't a DC in his last two stops and McC has given him a shot as well.

I have the tendency to give too much credence to that, I did with Kiffen, as a I am just an old softy but that's the part of the game that intrigues me the most. I am not a X's and O's guy as much as I am of the human condition side of it. I watch the people on the sideline as much as the ones on the field and I watch the people around them respond to them.