Dak top of the league last year in recognition of and accuracy to open receivers

Motorola

Reaction score
People don’t realize that it’s a team game. And in the playoffs teams are usually pretty even talent wise. So coaching is a must. Play calling needs to be better. The play Pollard was injured on was there all day but not called enough. Dak had really 1 WR he could trust and he ran poor routes a few times this year. And let’s face it, Dak made some bad choices a few times during the season. When the heat is on all QB get rattled. Daks rookie season was one of the best of any QB ever except Brady. And started getting compared by some to brady and that was a mistake. There will never be another brady.
2000 was Brady's rookie season. He only appeared in one game, and was inactive for other 15.
It was Brady's second year in the league when he took over from an injured Drew Bledsoe had the run to the championship.
The rookie QB season to compare to Prescott's is Rothleisberger.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You don't even understand what you are reading. You spin it into various strawmen and attack those strawmen as if they were real.

You are arguably the worst poster on this forum, because of that.

I bet your dog doesn't even like you.

Go ahead and get your last ridiculous comment in. I'm done with you.
yeah. I am the absolute worst poster. the worst of the worst. totally clueless.
and you are the absolute most knowledgeable, most informed, most unbiased poster on this board.
they should give you a medal. no, they should give you two.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Whatever, bro.
You put too many periods in that ellipsis.
Game is afoot Mr. Grammar Cop. Don your big girl pants.
Stop showing your beta side. It’s 2023….we’ve moved passed gendered insults in order to disrespect someone…try bring more creative….genious….

glimmerman

Reaction score
2000 was Brady's rookie season. He only appeared in one game, and was inactive for other 15.
It was Brady's second year in the league when he took over from an injured Drew Bledsoe had the run to the championship.
The rookie QB season to compare to Prescott's is Rothleisberger.
Yeah I read that. But the media started that comparisons to brady. Built him up so they can rip him down.

RD21

Reaction score
Right now, not in the history of hte NFL.

It's a stupid point unless you just don't think any QBs are great except Mahomes and Rodgers.
I'm offer just one man's opinion. I can only describe what it means to me. When I use to watch Staubach for example, I always felt like we had a chance. It didn't matter the situation, or game. It just felt like if we could get the ball in his hands, he could pull it off. No matter how many times he was hit, I felt like he'd stand in there & deliver. Lots of playoff victories, & some lombardi's later, his greatness was recognized by everyone when he was enshrined in the HOF when he was first elgible.

Same with Aikman. There was never any doubt who was in charge of Aikman's huddle. He also took lots of punishment, stood in there, & delivered when it mattered most. I'm not sure if "Leader" is a strong enough word to describe his playing career. At the end of it, we had 3 more lombardi's. When the inevitable happened, & he retired... just like Staubach, he was enshrined in the HOF on the first year he was eligible. His peers had declared him Great. In my view, being inducted into the HOF on the first ballot is confirmation of Greatness.

In a weird twist, I'll say this. I'm not sure that I knew they were "Great" while they were playing. I think greatness is defined over a career. Are Mahomes & Rodgers great..? Perhaps. While I think "greatness" is hard to define, the indisputable stamp of greatness in my view, is being enshrined in the HOF on the 1st ballot. Will Rodgers be a 1st ballot HOF enshrinee..? Don't know. If Mahommes keeps it up, he definitely will be. There's others with the potential for sure. Will any of em make it..? Time will tell.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Stupid...?! Really..? I consider Staubach, & Aikman great.

Romo could've been, but came up short too many times when it mattered most, just like Danny White. They were both really good QB's. However, greatness eluded them.

Great QB's don't need made up stats, or people to make cases for them. The HOF mostly understands this. There will always be exceptions, but generally speaking, most fans know greatness when they see it. It's rarely found in made up stats.
Stats are useful as to seeing directions as well as seeing weaknesses already discovered with the same tools used by other teams. Weaknesses need real and adjustable directions to change.

Failures that don't but fall in a short ranged window and can be solved in a single or even simple actions are relative in a view. Those should not be ignored.
That part is either team building or team improving. One of the most important parts is ability to judge talent - on and that can be added to a team.

At present, that quality is every inch as good as it was Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones started the path to a Dynasty. Once a dynasty is derailed, returning to that is very tough to return to. Today's NFL is that tough to overcome.

Once there is talent, then the design of a plan of attack for both sides of the ball, becomes the directional element that carries a team into confrontations/games.

That then becomes a matter of adjustments and in game plans to derail an opponent. That requires experience and accumulated successes on both the coaching levels as well as in the team roster. Success has to grow...and that is a fact. During the Dynasty as well as now.

Good in a team still has a progression to it. The Dallas Cowboys have now.

This team has a very good staff of coaches. It has a great scouting department for both the draft and possible free agents. There is great communications as well as the time spent in discussion about both, the team and opponents.

Knowledge of both are at a very high level now.

Management of cap is a very important piece of a team's stability and growth. Stephen and the managing elements have invested in a top shelf statistical staff as well kept the team view fully up front. That is about to pay great dividends on both on field leadership as well as top talent in the NFL at the most team changing positions...to include offensive tackle, defensive end, cornerback, receiver, and quarterback. All of these have been evaluated as top shelf and and everyone will cost at NFL high levels. That's the cost of the NFL today. But also good management by the Cowboys.

Thanks to both, Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones...they have done us fans good, here and now.

That same Jerry Jones has always been loyal to his players. He has given them protections of their needs and also gave them opportunity to earn their own place and achieve in a very unstable environment. Football isn't easy, but it is rewarding for a fan.

Truly, I appreciate all the processes that are actually necessary in today's environment. The Cowboys are doing just that as well as should have earned fan respect as well, for now.

All of that to just add to the picture of a good Cowboys team that shows depth and talent for current opportunities.

Your statement of saying just to go and do it is not lost, although.

Me, I'm still anxious to see this team progress and fight for the right.

I don't count Dak Prescott as watching the process. I have confidence in him. I'm also not Jerry stunted myself...but so noted, it's time to legitimize through the playoffs against any opponents without regard to all the negatives played around with by others!

cowboyed

Reaction score
I am still supportive of Dak at quarterback but pointing out these peripheral accomplishments is about as profound as stating that Dak licks his fingers the most before throwing a pass than any other quarterback in the league.

CCBoy

Reaction score

2016 NFL draft​

Best team draft: Dallas Cowboys

There were a few whiffs in this class, but that’s easily overlooked with all the contributors here.

If you want to have a value debate about them picking Ezekiel Elliott fourth overall, that’s fine. But to land Dak Prescott, Jaylon Smith and Maliek Collins on top of that, it’s hard not to recognize just how deep this group was.

Prescott is one of the great modern-day draft steals, and Smith has more than rewarded the team’s unerring faith after he suffered a potentially career-ending injury in college. The ascending Collins also can’t be overlooked, and they also landed secondary contributor Anthony Brown with the 189th overall pick.

This is a whopper of a group.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-...past-decade-125517042.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Draft under Parcells:

2005 Dallas Cowboys​

» Team draft history
» Draft class: LB DeMarcus Ware (Round 1), DE Marcus Spears (Round 1), LB Kevin Burnett (Round 2), RB Marion Barber (Round 4), DE Chris Canty (Round 4), DB Justin Beriault (Round 6), OT Rob Petitti (Round 6), DE Jay Ratliff (Round 7)
» Players who were primary starters: 7
» Total games played: 803

This is the draft in which the Detroit Lions infamously passed on Ware at selection No. 10 to take a wide receiver who didn't play in college football the previous season, Mike Williams. With the No. 11 overall choice, the Cowboys -- who, at the time, were coached by Bill Parcells -- swooped in for Ware, who has been one of the game's dominant pass rushers and appears on the fast track toward Canton. Williams, on the other hand, lasted just two seasons in Detroit.

With Ware, Spears, Canty and Ratliff added on defense, the Cowboys went from a 6-10 team in 2004 to a team that posted five consecutive winning seasons from 2005-2009. In that span, the Cowboys posted the NFC's best record in 2007 (13-3) and won their first playoff game in 13 years. Ware currently is ranked 14th on the NFL's career sack list (127). Ratliff was an absolute steal in the seventh round, becoming a four-time Pro Bowl selection. Barber aided a Cowboys rushing attack that ranked in the top five in the NFL in 2006 and 2007.

Ware, Canty and Ratliff have each started more than 100 games in the NFL, helping give this draft class the most combined career starts of any draft class since 2005 with 598. Second with 592 combined career starts is the next team on this list.

https://www.nfl.com/news/five-best-nfl-draft-classes-by-team-of-last-10-years-0ap3000000497278

Some historical relevance...

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
I am still supportive of Dak at quarterback but pointing out these peripheral accomplishments is about as profound as stating that Dak licks his fingers the most before throwing a pass than any other quarterback in the league.
Naw describing the actual traits of play...very relevant as that is what is seen and counting how that succeeds. Basic observations that are added up...and can be done with a simple coaching film study as well.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm offer just one man's opinion. I can only describe what it means to me. When I use to watch Staubach for example, I always felt like we had a chance. It didn't matter the situation, or game. It just felt like if we could get the ball in his hands, he could pull it off. No matter how many times he was hit, I felt like he'd stand in there & deliver. Lots of playoff victories, & some lombardi's later, his greatness was recognized by everyone when he was enshrined in the HOF when he was first elgible.

Same with Aikman. There was never any doubt who was in charge of Aikman's huddle. He also took lots of punishment, stood in there, & delivered when it mattered most. I'm not sure if "Leader" is a strong enough word to describe his playing career. At the end of it, we had 3 more lombardi's. When the inevitable happened, & he retired... just like Staubach, he was enshrined in the HOF on the first year he was eligible. His peers had declared him Great. In my view, being inducted into the HOF on the first ballot is confirmation of Greatness.

In a weird twist, I'll say this. I'm not sure that I knew they were "Great" while they were playing. I think greatness is defined over a career. Are Mahomes & Rodgers great..? Perhaps. While I think "greatness" is hard to define, the indisputable stamp of greatness in my view, is being enshrined in the HOF on the 1st ballot. Will Rodgers be a 1st ballot HOF enshrinee..? Don't know. If Mahommes keeps it up, he definitely will be. There's others with the potential for sure. Will any of em make it..? Time will tell.
Both Rodgers and Mahomes are locks for first ballot HoF.