Dak top of the league last year in recognition of and accuracy to open receivers

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Carry this team to a championship??? There's never been a quarterback in the history of football who can carry a TEAM anywhere.

If that's the case, give me the name of the quarterback who has receiving tds, rushing tds, played defense, got ints, sacks, hurries and made fgs. That's the only way a quarterback can carry a whole team to a championship.

So name the quarterback who's done that.

I'll wait....
Oh look. Another example of someone hijacking an established term to suit his new-age agenda.

Traditionally the term never meant a player carried the team from game one through the SB. It references a player who stepped it up and carried the team when things weren't going well in a game.

Emmitt carried the team against the Giants in that critical 'separated shoulder game'.

Zeke carried the team in that 2016 victory against the Steelers.

Romo carried the team in pretty much every win in the 5-11 era.

Rodgers carried the team in the 2016 playoff game.

Mahomes probably carries the team more than other player ever.

Dak had the golden opportunity to step up and carry the team in both last season's, and the previous season's playoff losses where it would have taken ONE big time play to win it.

Do you remember John Madden? He said "big time players make big time plays in big time moments." In other words, they carry the team in those times when the team needs to be carried.

Get out of here with you revisionist history, little guy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oh look. Another example of someone hijacking an established term to suit his new-age agenda.

Traditionally the term never meant a player carried the team from game one through the SB. It references a player who stepped it up and carried the team when things weren't going well in a game.

Emmitt carried the team against the Giants in that critical 'separated shoulder game'.

Dak had the golden opportunity to step up and carry the team in both last season's, and the previous season's playoff losses where it would have taken ONE big time play to win it.

Do you remember John Madden? He said "big time players make big time plays in big time moments." In other words, they carry the team in those times when the team needs to be carried.

Revisionist? No, not really as games can be won and lost in many ways...wasn't the team GM for the Madden wins, the owner as well?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Revisionist? No, not really as games can be won and lost in many ways...wasn't the team GM for the Madden wins, the owner as well?
I have no idea how to respond to this as it has absolutely nothing to do with post you replied to.

You're old enough to remember the good old days. Do you remember the phrase "he put the team on his back" to mean that a single player carried the team through an entire season, or do you remember it more like I described, as a big time player stepping up and getting it done when it mattered the most?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have no idea how to respond to this as it has absolutely nothing to do with post you replied to.

You're old enough to remember the good old days. Do you remember the phrase "he put the team on his back" to mean that a single player carried the team through an entire season, or do you remember it more like I described, as a big time player stepping up and getting it done when it mattered the most?
I never forgot that analogy...I'm not the least senile and actually pretty observant. But I do defend respectable stances even if not conducted in street jargon manner. Do you understand? That was exemplory simple, actually.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

I remember that term defined when Emmitt carried the Cowboys with a separated shoulder vs the Giants.
What a warrior.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I never forgot that analogy...I'm not the least senile and actually pretty observant. But I do defend respectable stances even if not conducted in street jargon manner. Do you understand? That was exemplory simple, actually.
So in other words, it means both?

No offense, but pretty much nothing you write is simple. I'd provide whatever you boys like to eat and drink if you let me observe a conversation between you and Jerry. I'm pretty good at JerrySpeak, but I need more time and experience to get you down.

I did really like your "what" joke earlier. Not only was it funny but it gives me hope that eventually I might crack the code.

12+88=7

Reaction score
NO, I dont brush them off, its just all you talk about. Much more to the game than the two picks. A lot of other factors and players playing poorly.

I talk reality and about the entire team. You infatuate about Dak and blame the QB for everything. Until we win that is and then its about the team or the team that we beat.
Stop with the nonsense. I don't get involved in these stupid Prescott threads. That's your MO.

I specifically question the last game that eliminated Dallas.

To me the game was lost because of the turnovers. This gets your blood boiling because it's Prescott who committed the turnovers. If it had been another player that committed the turnovers you would be agreeing with that point of view.

I hardly ever post, look at my post count compared to most. I like to read through the threads to see diffrent views of thought. Yourself and others that attack posters like my self for stating a simple fact like "the two turnovers directly contributed to Dallas losing".

Most sensible people would agree. But since Prescott committed the turnovers you go though all the deflections and spin to make it not so.

Please go be a know it all with someone else.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Unlike the Romo-loving Dak haters who never hate on Romo, yes, I hate on Dak when he deserves it.
Yeah SF seems to have his number and he threw way too may picks for example. However if you do not think that it is impossible to win a division round game with him you are a lover.

There is no room for levity apparently.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah SF seems to have his number and he threw way too may picks for example. However if you do not think that it is impossible to win a division round game with him you are a lover.

That's funny since that is how the Romo lovers think to this day about Romo. They swear Romo could get past the division round no matter what even if he never accomplished it. Yet, they think the opposite about Dak even though Dak has won an away playoff game and thrown for more TDs than Romo ever did in a playoff game. They feel Romo's 143.6 passer rating, 191 passing yards, 10.1 average/pass, 2 passing TDs and a 78.3 QBR during the 2014 season divisional playoff game loss at the Packers is better than Dak's 143.3 passer rating, 305 passing yards, 9.2 average/pass, 4 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD and a 96.5 QBR at the Buccaneers 2022 season playoff game win.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Now that's a fair comment, but it's usually suffixed by Dak fans with a list of deflecting reasons as to why the 49ers have his number. We wont improve improve until we accept Dak's 'part' in the season ending defeats (as well as the rest of the offense).

On topic.....Im dying on the hill that says: a) Dak loses composure when he needs to perform with time running out and he need to step up (so as a team we need to ensure, to as great a degree as we can, that we get a lead early). b) he starts missing his 'open' receivers ....there were times that Hilton was 'open' in that 9ers game (whether that's missing the open receiver, or casualty of a system where the 'open' receiver isnt defined and relies on Dak going through long progressions as one of the 4 receivers are (hopefully) open.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I can agree Dak had a bad game, posters lose cred with me with they cant seem to bring themselves to mention the other players who failed to live up to challenege.. there was a CB that had a pretty bad game.. we had 3 WR who no showed and a TE who played his worst game not to mention the RB and basically an OL that got man handled..take CD out and you didnt gain 100 yards....but yeah the QB is the only one who played bad...Ooh and we gave up 100 yards rushing AGAIN in a damn playoff game..Its like some have a TV setting that only shows Dak during Cowboy games.
There are constant battles out on that field
And many are won and lost during the course of the game. But watching Prescott look at his WR running across the field and the defender a half a step behind him and Prescott won't throw his WR open is frustrating. He is always looking for the wide open guy and that's all well and good but against these better defenses your rarely going to get the wide open guys.
Pointing out other players mistakes and shrugging off the most important position failing on the field is just being stupid.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

interestingly you mention Romo for regular season wins, yet avoid mentioning his floundering playoff record.

and why even mention Rodgers and Mahomes. two Elite, sure bet first ballot HOF QBs. that's not fair to them. Dak is not Elite. so why even make that comparison.

and btw, what's your alternative to Dak.... oh, wait. its Rush LOL :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Stop with the nonsense. I don't get involved in these stupid Prescott threads. That's your MO.

I specifically question the last game that eliminated Dallas.

To me the game was lost because of the turnovers. This gets your blood boiling because it's Prescott who committed the turnovers. If it had been another player that committed the turnovers you would be agreeing with that point of view.

I hardly ever post, look at my post count compared to most. I like to read through the threads to see diffrent views of thought. Yourself and others that attack posters like my self for stating a simple fact like "the two turnovers directly contributed to Dallas losing".

Most sensible people would agree. But since Prescott committed the turnovers you go though all the deflections and spin to make it not so.

Please go be a know it all with someone else.
Turnovers was part of it. Wasnt the whole story. But again, its all you talk about and all you see. Thats what haters do. They blame losses on the player or coach they hate the most.

And if picks were so important then how about dropped picks? In the 4th quarter no less? No? Doesnt suit your agenda?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I need to learn the text and talk on my computer. I can use it on my phone but hard to get the punctuation down.

I saw all these threads going on for years when Romo was QB. He is a choke artist and can’t be clutch. We won’t know. He is retired and never have the trenches Aikman had. Neither will Dak.

How many QBs could have won with the 90’s team. Plug them into that and see what would have happened. We had stars at almost every position along true lines. Of course I am bias. A little.
That's the thing I don't use my phone or my iPad really to get on this place so this is only when I have some time and sitting in front of my PC... I agree it's like when they brought over Matthew Stafford to the Rams he never changed his spots he was the same guy he's basically is Tony Romo they remind me of each other they have the same number same type of stats didn't win with the original team they were on not enough and then first year he goes to the Rams Super Bowl he had 20 turnovers he he didn't do anything special he was himself but that was good enough for the Rams because the Rams had an exceptionally great team.

So you are correct we will never know and you are correct,

I don't understand the fan base I think they forget going through 12 to 14 quarterbacks before we got Tony Romo there was that huge gap all those five and 11 years..

I mean do they want to be the king of the top five first round picks???? I think they do I think they love picking because they think it's going to get you somewhere being top draft position on draft day..

I watched the Cleveland Browns do it for 15 years having sometimes two and sometimes three first round picks and still they couldn't find a quarterback, did they?? because last time I checked they overpaid for deshaun Watson after throwing up the white flag because they could not find a quarterback in the draft that could be any better than Prescott that's for sure so instead they go out and give up a bunch of draft picks and pay all of a lot of money for a guy who hasn't done anything in the league either.

So this is the NFL sometimes you get lucky you can trip into a quarterback like the 49ers did, let's be real they gave up three first round picks, don't tell me that GM is a genius over there, because they picked Trey Lance who looks just like a Jag... He might be Gino Smith in nine years but right now that's was a bad choice they stuck with Garoppolo who is not as good as Prescott not much worse but still not as good as Prescott and then tripped into Brock Purdy...

Who the jury still out on but most teams give up and they go get a guy like Prescott on the free agent market and they overpay in a trade because that's the state of the NFL, it is very difficult to find a starting top ten quarterback who could at least give you a shot every year.

And we have that in Prescott maybe one more year maybe 2..

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
interestingly you mention Romo for regular season wins, yet avoid mentioning his floundering playoff record.

and why even mention Rodgers and Mahomes. two Elite, sure bet first ballot HOF QBs. that's not fair to them. Dak is not Elite. so why even make that comparison.

and btw, what's your alternative to Dak.... oh, wait. its Rush LOL :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
What is interesting is how you day in and day out come up with these asinine responses, which require you to both completely misunderstand what you are replying to AND tack on a bunch of stuff that was neither said nor implied.

You are literally arguing with yourself.