Dak top of the league last year in recognition of and accuracy to open receivers

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes , when I learned how to use text to talk on my PC it made my post even longer LOL real fast though it really doesn't take that long to talk into the computer and reply...

I think people do forget and I agree with you there are so many plays in the games just since 2016 with Prescott at quarterback that have just ruined the playoffs and it wasn't him there are a lot of factors that go into a game we watch them blaming him for the 14 penalty game or when the defense played bad and really the last three games in the playoffs there was the offensive line just wasn't good enough there were no holes they didn't black well enough the pocket was dirty that right there messes up an entire offense. Sure Prescott had his worst playoff game I believe against the 49ers this year but that doesn't mean you have good reason for it people are gonna get flustered back there a little bit when nothing is working and nobody's helping I mean outside of CD lamb there wasn't a whole lot of people doing much on offense....
Cover the subject honestly...all time is - is a sequence of events.

blueblood70

Reaction score
:clap::thumbup::starspin: Thank you. Target, cease fire!
Sorry man, I just use this text to talk, I get in a hurry

I'm pretty passionate about the boys and I almost forget that I'm not sitting around with my buds having a brew talking about the Cowboys you can ramble on... But still I believe I'm bringing in some valid points.

It would be nice for once that when people talk about Prescott needing to bring his A game in the biggest games that they say that for all the other players as well.

the offense only runs as good as the offensive line, the run game, and then it goes to the quarterback and skill players but you got to have a way to be balanced and have a threat that run game and be able to run your offense with the time you need.
IMHO the offensive line has really been the problem the last three playoff games... Like many have said in here and I still believe it to be true it starts and ends in the trenches and we've lost these playoff games mostly on offense because of the line but if you look at the defense in those games against the Rams and against the first half with deebo Samuels in the 2021 game the lines have not been their best in these big games. So hopefully all this trench work that's being done in the offseason is healthy and shows up in the playoffs. I don't care how good they've been in the middle of the season or for long stretches during the regular season it matters in the playoffs and we are not able to handle the better defensive lines and front sevens..

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It all comes back to success in the post season. Dak is a better QB than some here like to admit, but if he's not leading this team to deep playoff runs then he'll just be another Tony Romo. Good QB that just didn't get it done in the most critical games.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
His play-off QBR is skewed by one excellent performance, where he had a lead and could settle playing his game.
Games where he needs to chase vrs a decent defense (needing a TD): Game1 v Buccs and last game vrs Commanders are the games where he struggles.
So it's "skewed" by data that is unfavorable to your desired outcome then. that is not a reason to bias it away.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah and only needing 2 yards. I watched the play. The RT let the rusher go and pushed him past Dak and Martin had his guy stoned and the edge sealed. I thought Dak would slide right after the rusher was pushed by and take off to the goal and slide or sideline for an easy 7 yards and out of bounds. Apparently Moore called a pass and Dak went with the play. This season I want Dak to trust his instinct. He can do this.
The ball was tipped correct? They had run a similar play recently and ran it again.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When Steele is right he will be good to go. And is ahead of schedule. Walenski is going to be good. Not sure how good. Tyron is a toss up. He will be injured at some point. We drafted a few that look good. I think Ball is gone. We have players that will solidify it. We missed on players like Ball that didn’t take that next step. But will hit on others. Tyler is a beast. Wait till training camp and take a look at them. They will be sharpened by a very good D-Line.
First off he is not ahead of schedule. He already wont be ready for TC. Even if he starts week 1, which is a maybe, he wont be 100%.

To say Walenzko is going to be good is nothing short of total homer hope. Nothing at all says he will be anything, but a rookie 4th round pick starting his first game if we have to rely on him.

Tyron is 100% going down, its just a matter of when.

Because of Steele and Tyron not playing much in preseason there will be little to no continuity at the start of the season. Then when Tyron goes down the musical chairs begin.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The game was tied at the half BECAUSE of the turnovers.

The first gave SF 3 points.
The second denied Dallas a chance at a FG attempt or a TD. After the turnover the momentum swung and SF was able to add 3 points.

The score at the half should have been Dallas 16 or 12, SF 3. That is a major change in the game instead of a 9 to 9 tie at the half.

Dallas would have won the game had it been turnover free. You can cite everything under the sun for the loss, but the turnovers were the difference.
Regardless, it was tied. Cowboys werent in some kind of monster hole because of the picks. It was all even after the picks.

This game came down to the 2nd half like most close ones do.

The turnovers were definitely NOT the only difference. Several experts even confirmed that at least one wasnt even on Dak. Every part of the Cowboys team blew it at some point.

Pollard going down was the single most impactful event. It was over after that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes , when I learned how to use text to talk on my PC it made my post even longer LOL real fast though it really doesn't take that long to talk into the computer and reply...

I think people do forget and I agree with you there are so many plays in the games just since 2016 with Prescott at quarterback that have just ruined the playoffs and it wasn't him there are a lot of factors that go into a game we watch them blaming him for the 14 penalty game or when the defense played bad and really the last three games in the playoffs there was the offensive line just wasn't good enough there were no holes they didn't black well enough the pocket was dirty that right there messes up an entire offense. Sure Prescott had his worst playoff game I believe against the 49ers this year but that doesn't mean you have good reason for it people are gonna get flustered back there a little bit when nothing is working and nobody's helping I mean outside of CD lamb there wasn't a whole lot of people doing much on offense....
I need to learn the text and talk on my computer. I can use it on my phone but hard to get the punctuation down.

I saw all these threads going on for years when Romo was QB. He is a choke artist and can’t be clutch. We won’t know. He is retired and never have the trenches Aikman had. Neither will Dak.

How many QBs could have won with the 90’s team. Plug them into that and see what would have happened. We had stars at almost every position along true lines. Of course I am bias. A little.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It all comes back to success in the post season. Dak is a better QB than some here like to admit, but if he's not leading this team to deep playoff runs then he'll just be another Tony Romo. Good QB that just didn't get it done in the most critical games.
Perhaps he can demand responses at key points and follow through making him responsible. No doubts then.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Regardless, it was tied. Cowboys werent in some kind of monster hole because of the picks. It was all even after the picks.

This game came down to the 2nd half like most close ones do.

The turnovers were definitely NOT the only difference. Several experts even confirmed that at least one wasnt even on Dak. Every part of the Cowboys team blew it at some point.

Pollard going down was the single most impactful event. It was over after that.
You just brush off the turnovers because Dallas was even but don't acknowledge the other side of the coin, Dallas would have been up multiple scores without the turnovers.

I would bet anything that if the two turnovers were Elliott fumbles you would be singing a different tune as to their importance.

CCBoy

Reaction score

1. Troy Aikman (1989-2000)​

No. 2 All-Time Cowboys Passing Yardage: 32,942​

Regular season record: 94-71

2. Roger Staubach (1969-1979)​

No. 4 All-Time Cowboys Passing Yardage: 22,700​

Regular season record: 85-29

3. Tony Romo (2003-2016)​

No. 1 All-Time Cowboys Passing Yardage: 34,183​

Regular season record: 78-49

4. Dak Prescott (2016-Present)​

No. 3 All-Time Cowboys Passing Yardage: 24,943​

Regular season record: 61-36
https://thelandryhat.com/posts/rank...-quarterbacks-all-time-aikman-romo-prescott/9

GINeric

Reaction score
Yet he can't carry this team to a championship game.
Carry this team to a championship??? There's never been a quarterback in the history of football who can carry a TEAM anywhere.

If that's the case, give me the name of the quarterback who has receiving tds, rushing tds, played defense, got ints, sacks, hurries and made fgs. That's the only way a quarterback can carry a whole team to a championship.

So name the quarterback who's done that.

I'll wait....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You just brush off the turnovers because Dallas was even but don't acknowledge the other side of the coin, Dallas would have been up multiple scores without the turnovers.

I would bet anything that if the two turnovers were Elliott fumbles you would be singing a different tune as to their importance.
NO, I dont brush them off, its just all you talk about. Much more to the game than the two picks. A lot of other factors and players playing poorly.

I talk reality and about the entire team. You infatuate about Dak and blame the QB for everything. Until we win that is and then its about the team or the team that we beat.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
It's almost like when your wide receivers can't get any separation it causes problems