Dak was disrespected, he shouldn't put up with this

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Frozen you wish i don't think Dak is going anywhere JJ ad his son think it it is a bad PR move if they don't sign him

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The Jaguars cannot draw fans period. They are not paying Dak $35M if they have a chance at Fields or another good young QB.

I doubt the Pats and Belichik see anything in Dak that screams $35M. Don’t see it.

Colts may have cap space but doesn’t mean they are going to blow $35M on an injured QB.

These teams will look at what is on the market and shop around with the cap dropping precipitously.

But which top QB's would be available in free agency?

To me the Colts are favorites, as they're in a position to challenge and would certainly have improved had they had Dak not Rivers.

I'm just saying that Dak has options, so he needs to priorities he needs/wants, if money's top then next stop Indianapolis.

If a deal isnt signed immediately im sure we'll non-exclusive Tag and gauge the interest.

Motorola

Reaction score
The quarterback position has dominated some members routine posting pattern on CowboysZone for hours days weeks months years uninterrupted for well over a decade. Their longevity is a testament of the site's successful, self-coping, mental health and stress reduction wellness program.

CowboysZone. Helping some members survive their Romo and Prescott hypertension years. One daily post or thread at a time.
Half of the Cowboys season still to go, yet many fans still want to discuss and opine about the one player who can't do anything to affect its outcome.
But, alas....the 2020 finale is 9 weeks from today (unless the unforseen happens
--- NFC East title); then the banter, baiting comments, ranting & railing, sarcasm, point-counterpoint, name-calling, texted filibusters, etc., will increase tenfold ---fueled by the anticipated \ wishin' & hopin', prayin' for top 5 draft pick, combined with the countdown to the very first day when contract negotiations start.
Oh - and I can't leave out the eyes and ears that will be peering at any physical activity or divulging rumors and whispers concerning #4's rehab.
2021 gonna be a doozy here in Cowboys Zone!

cowboyec

Reaction score
Dak was treated unfairly in this situation. He didn't get what he wanted or what he felt he deserved.

Then he goes out there and breaks his ankle/foot. We don't deserve him.

My advice to him would be to run far far away from this team. He wasn't treated right.

Then half of the fan base are full of haters, who couldn't see his greatness and disrespected him, like.... Me, Pappy, Captain-Crash, Risen, Willie ECT ECT

We don't deserve him. We were ungrateful

Dak just leave and never turn back. Go get your payday from another team worthy.

Welp, I guess we have to draft a QB guys.

#DontpayDak
stop hating your QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But which top QB's would be available in free agency?

To me the Colts are favorites, as they're in a position to challenge and would certainly have improved had they had Dak not Rivers.

I'm just saying that Dak has options, so he needs to priorities he needs/wants, if money's top then next stop Indianapolis.

If a deal isnt signed immediately im sure we'll non-exclusive Tag and gauge the interest.

I wouldn’t look to free agency. We need 2 seasons of failure and quality picks. Load up for 2022 and beyond.

If we just have to fight to retain being mediocre I would go get Stafford.

Darnold is also a great gamble. If it fails then that’s fine.

If we give Dak all the money he will be rich and our playoff success will remain poor.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak was treated unfairly in this situation. He didn't get what he wanted or what he felt he deserved.

My advice to him would be to run far far away from this team. He wasn't treated right.

Then half of the fan base are full of haters, who couldn't see his greatness and disrespected him, like.... Me, Pappy, Captain-Crash, Risen, Willie ECT ECT

Dak just leave and never turn back. Go get your payday from another team worthy.

#DontpayDak
too bad one Dak CANT LEAVE. you forget the FT exists and even if he tries and hold out we have his rights he pays or sits and get zero dollars.. iof the DC wanted to allow him to seek trades they have to approve them as well as him and boom, back in a stalemate..

BTW the worse narrative gong in here is player was disrespected because they didnt get the money they tried strong-arming from their owner/teams..

Dak was offer at least 4 deals all over 32mil and 5 years 100mil plus guaranteed. THATS DISRESCPECTFUL???

IN WHAT BACKWARDS AZZ UNIVERSE YOU ARE LIVING IN? DAK WAS OFFERED OVER 100MIL GUARANTEED, THATS A LIFE SETTING AMOUNT OF MONEY AND FAIR DUE THE FACT THAT MOST OF THE QBS THAT GOT THE MONEY DAK ASKED FOR HAVE BEEN TO A SB OR AN/FCCG..

HE WANTS ELITE MONEY AND HES FAR FROM ELITE..

now lets get back to that strong arming, he got paid 32mil this season to play 4 games and was 1-3, wow so disrespectful the payer got 32 mil to now sit on his azz and rehab and has not one skin on is wall to demand more then what he was offered.. he was offered very fair deals.

this has been discussed for 3 years now and still out of control that fans dont underStand the business side of sports and the facts that dak would have had his LTD and a very large one..last we heard it was years that were the issue he was offered 5 years around 34mil and 107mil guaranteed , he wanted 4 , well a team wanted a more years is disrespectful? its business..

get over it Daks maybe the 10th best QB starter in this league and hasn't dont anything yet like the big boys..

thats not disrespectful, thats reality's. Dak and his agent CHOSE to turn down a fair deal that was last offered..now hes injured.. IMO now lost a little bit of negotiating and i hope they settle on a fair number and end this the week the season is over but if not i get it its business and this happens..

get this straight i like dak how hes here but i dont blame the Joneses for trying to get a better deal and team friendly extra years...

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Agree.

Dallas needs to sign Dak to their terms instead of his terms.

They keep signing guys for whatever they want and they keep getting screwed.

The standard here is that if you play well and the team fails we will still give you a max salary and somehow try to improve the team with less money and rookies.

Their secret sauce is trash..

Move mountains for Trevor Lawrence. That is what you do.
that's true if you have some rational people running the show but we have 2 stooges sadly to say

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Dak-Trolls moto...when all else fails bring Mothers into the debate!
Dak class.....what would we do without it????:confused:
What would you know.......you have no mother.

BTW......Who helped you spell class?

blueblood70

Reaction score
How is offering a 35 million dollar a year contract for 4 years and then saying well If that doesn’t work take 32 million this year and we will make it work next year.

The stupidity of saying he’s been disrespected is off the charts
:lmao2::hammer:

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score

#DontpayDak
It may be better for Dak to leave, but the reason the team and Dak could not come to terms is the continuing mismanagement of the salary cap. Jerry continues to resign all his players. If not for the pandemic, I think an agreement would have been made and Dak would have been signed. But yea, a new start for Dak is probably better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Jaguars cannot draw fans period. They are not paying Dak $35M if they have a chance at Fields or another good young QB.

I doubt the Pats and Belichik see anything in Dak that screams $35M. Don’t see it.

Colts may have cap space but doesn’t mean they are going to blow $35M on an injured QB.

These teams will look at what is on the market and shop around with the cap dropping precipitously.
yup it was dak and his egoistical agent the decided to balk at the 5th year and that deal was the best deal Dak could get and what hes worth frankly.. Jerry didnt disrespect dak, he made fair offer and dak turned it down..

its simple its not like he didnt offer dak a giant deal that was at the time what 3rd or 4th best QB deal in the league..sorry dak that was more then your actual worth and would have set you for life..

MikeB80

Reaction score
Good god.

Dak has been treated like a hero since his firs snap. He has been treated with kid gloves by the media the entire time he has been here. Nationally he was loved right away.

This guy running away from this situation with what they are about to pay him would be the dumbest thing he could possibly do.

The guy has it made. This team was on its way to missing the playoffs for the third time in 5 years under his leadership and the guy never carries a shred of blame for the losses.

exciter

Reaction score
Dak is not a premier pocket passer never was never will be as he lacks most of the talent traits to be considered one.
Ya don't bring up his garbage stats as that's all they are PREVENT garbage when the game is lost stats!
Dak is done in the NFL within 2-3 years from his departure from the Cowboys.
Yes, the Star has been good to this 4 the comp pick hope he has saved his cash as a good life is more than possible with the income he has collected!
There has never been such an over-rated player who wore the Star!
Lol! Wow! Just under 5000 yards passing, 30 TDS, 2nd in passes over 20 yards, 2nd in completion % over 20 yards but it’s all in garbage time. Whatever it takes to try to make your narrative, no matter how utterly ridiculous! But hey, you’re probably correct in one aspect, he’ll probably be out of the league within 2 or 3 years after finishing his 12 year career in Dallas!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No team except goofball Jerry & Sons would ever consider giving Dak a + 30 million dollar deal.
The Spring will crash land Prescott to his new reality.....Winston, you there bud?"????
Yo what happened your snitchin got the other thread closed?

USArmyVet

Reaction score

#DontpayDak

LOL....he is a professional athlete making more in one week than any us make in numerous years so sorry but I do not feel badly for him in the least.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I wouldn’t look to free agency. We need 2 seasons of failure and quality picks. Load up for 2022 and beyond.

If we just have to fight to retain being mediocre I would go get Stafford.

Darnold is also a great gamble. If it fails then that’s fine.

If we give Dak all the money he will be rich and our playoff success will remain poor.

I didnt mean ourselves, I meant the Colts. Im sure they'd be interested as they are probably too good to be in for Lawrence/Lance/ Fields..... and they are a good QB away.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is offering a 35 million dollar a year contract for 4 years and then saying well If that doesn’t work take 32 million this year and we will make it work next year.

The stupidity of saying he’s been disrespected is off the charts
I have to agree. Not sure how offering 35 million for a few years is disrespect.....minus ONE year? (or rather PLUS. I guess?)

How do you not take the deal? The same people that support Dak in this criticize Zeke for being greedy. They may have their own reasons but greed is greed.

But I think this OP had different intentions about the motivations of this thread.