Twitter: Dak: "We have the right guys. I promise 2018 will be a great year"

irishline

Reaction score
The team looked lost. He was running for his life, our ace in the hole was gone 6 games, and our play callers had him waiting in collapsing pockets for 4 or 5 seconds before the receivers finished their routes 25 yards down field.

He's a second year qb. He hadn't seen everything, and he was shown more than he could handle in those last 7 or so games. Doesn't mean he can't grow. Wentz didn't make the playoffs his first year, does that mean he'll always fail? Goff couldn't beat career vets as a rookie, I guess he'll always be a bust?

So he struggled? What's the worst that will happen? Our 4th round pick who's costing us $600k might not be the option for the future? It's where we would have been post Romo anyway, but atleast Dak showed enough in one season to give hope. And if all of you think he had no hand in 12-4 then you're idiots

I agree with everything you said but Wentz and Goff are not exactly the two I would have used in comparison as those two improved in their second year rather than regressed (which is what you would rather see a new player do). I believe in Dak and think he can get back to where he was but if those last 8 games don't give you a pause I don't know what to tell you. I haven't seen quarterbacking that bad in Dallas since Chad Hutchinson.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I agree ideally he would still be holding a clipboard but they went all in on him and essentially forced Romo to retire so we are left with a situation which I think will be similar to last season on offense. Stop start in a lot of games with the defense playing above their level, keeping us in games until they get gassed by having to do too much due to the offense not firing.

Not like they had a choice to not go all in on him. Romo got hurt in that idiotic play in Seattle, Kellen Moore breaks his foot and all a sudden the 4th round pick 3rd string QB is required to start. The OL played amazing and Zeke just took off, Dak played well when he needed to and managed the games.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not like they had a choice to not go all in on him. Romo got hurt in that idiotic play in Seattle, Kellen Moore breaks his foot and all a sudden the 4th round pick 3rd string QB is required to start. The OL played amazing and Zeke just took off, Dak played well when he needed to and managed the games.
It was definitely a nice combination of fortunate events, especially after a series of unfortunate events.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said but Wentz and Goff are not exactly the two I would have used in comparison as those two improved in their second year rather than regressed (which is what you would rather see a new player do). I believe in Dak and think he can get back to where he was but if those last 8 games don't give you a pause I don't know what to tell you. I haven't seen quarterbacking that bad in Dallas since Chad Hutchinson.
The play calling and coaching adjustments were just as useless when things went bad in Romo's tenure, but Romo made things work for the most part with his smarts and improvisation. Neither Wentz or Goff would have been successful with how this team was trending last last season.

conner01

Reaction score
Our team is worse as of right now than last year. Which was worse than the year before. First time since Parcells was here I’m expecting a losing season.
I don’t think so
We are worse at WR1, but we are better at WR2
Zeke missed games last year, this year he should be here all year and that makes us better
The OT depth is better
LB we lost hitch but we have the draft to go
On paper we should be able to be a more talented team than last year
On paper is just a look
The reality is all about how they play

blindzebra

Reaction score
We are worse than last year, but disagree about the year before. The talent level has been getting better year to year since McClay came on board.
At this time last year we lost all of our secondary or almost all of it. It is now much better than it has been for years.

We are worse becasue we now do not have a sure #1 WR. So let’s see where that goes. We are worse becasue we do not know how the OL will play out, lets see after the draft.

But agree we are worse, at this moment, but it is not becasue of the overall players and talent. We are not as talented as some think, but we aren’t that void either.

We are worse becasue of the coaching staff and their schemes.

We don't need a #1 WR if we run RPO. At worst the OL is equal to last year, Martin is as good as Cooper, Fleming is vastly better than Green and Bell, as long as we get 16 games out of Smith the OL will be better than last year.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Our team is worse as of right now than last year. Which was worse than the year before. First time since Parcells was here I’m expecting a losing season.
No it’s not. It’s much better. They got some o-line depth addressed,no Zeke/NFL miniseries drama,and a year 2 secondary that’s just getting started. Holes aplenty you bet,but at least the footing is much stable moving forward. Last year? Well there’s bad football,and then there’s just unwatchable football.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Fact is nobody knows what kind of a team this will be next year but it will probably end the same as all others.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah because defenses played us exactly the same when Zeke was out.:facepalm:

I find it funny.

Dak struggles without Zeke drawing attention “he’s a bum who can’t get it done without elite help around him”.

Receivers including Dez can’t get open consistently without Zeke drawing all the attention “crickets chirping”