Dak Won't be able to get Cooper the ball

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The haters said...resoundingly.

After 4 games...a comparison:

In 4 games with Dallas from Dak:

32 targets, 22 catches, 349 yards, 15.9 ypc, 3tds, 5.5rpg, 87.3 ypg, 68.8% catch%.

In 6 games with Oakland from Carr(a REAL qb):

32 targets, 22 catches, 280 yards, 12.7 ypc, 1 td, 3.7 rpg, 46.7 ypg, 68.8% catch %

So in two less games he has already eclipsed his production in Oakland.

We all told the cry babies that Dak simply needed a real WR. Some people understand the game and some people dont.

Dak and that old noodle arm that cant throw for 200 yards. LOL

Reactions: CWR

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I agree with this but one thing you have to give Dak credit for on BOTH of those throws is that they were accurate in very tight windows. Those two throws alone defeated the "Dak can only hit wide open WRs" argument. Dak certainly has work to do in his footwork and accuracy but those two throws were on point (and this is coming from a guy who isn't sure Dak is even the answer at QB).
This is the stuff that has people going to war online over Dak lol. Them two throws end the argument that took time to build up? Lol the logic some use is soo illogical it isn't funny. It takes time either way for things to set in good or bad. Same way most were willing to let last year just be an off year for Dak because of the great 2016 two passes don't trump a season and a had of evidence that's contrary to that pov.

Also when people say he can't do it they mean its not with any consistency not he can't do like yesterday.

lopey

Reaction score
My thinking with Dak is he can't win us a super bowl. That's the bottom line for me. He won't take us to the promised land IMO

khiladi

Reaction score
There are certain people that wouldn’t give Dak credit even if he won the Super Bowl. Discussing Dak with these individuals is a futile waste of time.

Same argument people say about Garrett... congratulations Dak is now in Jason Garrett territory with the excuses, based on accomplishments that haven’t even remotely happened.

GMO415

Reaction score
My thinking with Dak is he can't win us a super bowl. That's the bottom line for me. He won't take us to the promised land IMO
It was shaky at first yrstyeste with the ball hitting the ground at the WRs feet, but he started killing it .

He can lead us to a SB

khiladi

Reaction score
Cooper’s numbers are similar to Dez stretch that ended 2016 with Dak.

Further, when you are seeing a lot of cover 1 safety on press coverage with Zeke running like a mad-man and has caught 28 passes in the last four games with more than adequate blocking, you’d expect your QB to hit some number-one WRs.

Dak’s look before the half, right after he threw that intermediate pass straight into the dirt and his garbage performance prior said it all. He looked like trash when he missed Noah Brown on what should have been a walk in TD, followed immediately by the awful sack for a loss of 15 yards, while they were in scoring position. It was similar to his TD run as well, in both cases he exemplified absolute garbage pocket presence in the red zone spinning right into defenders. Turns out he got lucky because Commanders couldn’t tackle properly on that run with the streetball QB on another third down play with a scoring opportunity. The defense is holding to compensate for Dak’s stretches of garbage play and are even getting TOs in scoring position.

Redskons pretty much imploded for a brief span after that bogus holding call that would have continued their drive in scoring territory. It’s like the Commanders and Giants game last year, where they both imploded for brief stretches where Plays like Rod Smith taking it to the house and Cole Veasley running for like 50 YAC happened allowing the Cowboys to score in quick bunches.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Coop looking real good
:flagwave:

A 90 yard catch and run will pad it a lot, but even without that he’s been good

renny

Reaction score
and yet Dak could have sealed the end of the game with that pass to Gallup at the end of the game but threw it short. Cooper's route running and YAC are winning right now. Dak is playing fine but I feel this is as good as it gets with Dak. Those passes, Dak had time to throw. He still struggles making quick decisions.
Dak will get better, he is in YEAR 3 not 10!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Dak did make some nice throws yesterday but come on now.

He still Daked it up to much. Those throws to Cooper were nice throws but they were throws that you would expect any QB in the league to make. Just like the should have been dagger to Gallup.

Using the Cooper catches and runs as validation of Dak's greatness shows just how low the bar is set for some.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The haters said...resoundingly.

After 4 games...a comparison:

In 4 games with Dallas from Dak:

32 targets, 22 catches, 349 yards, 15.9 ypc, 3tds, 5.5rpg, 87.3 ypg, 68.8% catch%.

In 6 games with Oakland from Carr(a REAL qb):

32 targets, 22 catches, 280 yards, 12.7 ypc, 1 td, 3.7 rpg, 46.7 ypg, 68.8% catch %

So in two less games he has already eclipsed his production in Oakland.
This thread is hilarious. If you made it going into the 4th quarter yesterday afternoon... Well you couldn't have made it then. Because 38% of Cooper's yards and 66% of his touchdowns would come on 2 plays in the 4th. Before then his longest gain over 3.75 games was for 24 yards and he was coming off a 3 catch for 36 yard performance.

I was as happy as the next guy watching Amari run loose on a corner falling down leading to a 40 yard score and one missed tackle leading to a 90 yard score. But then immediately averaging those stats as if Cooper has been a consistent force for us is incredibly misleading. And you know that.

When Cole Beasley had 9 catches for 101 yards and 2 touchdowns against Jacksonville did you also immediately project his averages forward? No? Because to that point his performance was an outlier right?

I'd be ecstatic if Cooper is closer to an 8 catch 180 yard 2 td player than the 3 catch 36 yard player he was against Atlanta. Crowing about it when you were likely quiet heading into quarter 4 makes you look silly though.

These I told you so threads are getting to be a bit much. Prisoners of the moment.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Dak hit 70% of his passes, completed passed to 8 different receivers, and all some can say is "he missed Gallup on that throw", or he made some bad decisions.

Just what's good enough for Dak, as far as his passing is concerned? 75% completions? 80%? Never ever miss an open receiver?

Good luck finding someone who can do that...
If you were watching the game and walked away thinking Dak played well.... Wow. He was awful for most of the game and 2 throws does not change that.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
and yet Dak could have sealed the end of the game with that pass to Gallup at the end of the game but threw it short. Cooper's route running and YAC are winning right now. Dak is playing fine but I feel this is as good as it gets with Dak. Those passes, Dak had time to throw. He still struggles making quick decisions.
Idk if they showed it on tv, but in person we saw Payne take out Dak's plant foot a fraction of a second before the throw makinh Dak skip the pass.

For those that watched did they show that on the replay or no?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'll sum it up just like this for all of the Dak haters. Jerry Jones says he's resigning him, so I guess you can now leave the team now since a QB you guys hate will be here no matter how much you cry about it.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
There are certain people that wouldn’t give Dak credit even if he won the Super Bowl. Discussing Dak with these individuals is a futile waste of time.

I'm wondering if all QBs should have their stats deducted for WRs who gain big yards or get TDs after short to mid range throws or is it just Dak that has that taken away from his stats by the logic of some, :huh:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Cooper’s numbers are similar to Dez stretch that ended 2016 with Dak.

Further, when you are seeing a lot of cover 1 safety on press coverage with Zeke running like a mad-man and has caught 28 passes in the last four games with more than adequate blocking, you’d expect your QB to hit some number-one WRs.

Dak’s look before the half, right after he threw that intermediate pass straight into the dirt and his garbage performance prior said it all. He looked like trash when he missed Noah Brown on what should have been a walk in TD, followed immediately by the awful sack for a loss of 15 yards, while they were in scoring position. It was similar to his TD run as well, in both cases he exemplified absolute garbage pocket presence in the red zone spinning right into defenders. Turns out he got lucky because Commanders couldn’t tackle properly on that run with the streetball QB on another third down play with a scoring opportunity. The defense is holding to compensate for Dak’s stretches of garbage play and are even getting TOs in scoring position.

Redskons pretty much imploded for a brief span after that bogus holding call that would have continued their drive in scoring territory. It’s like the Commanders and Giants game last year, where they both imploded for brief stretches where Plays like Rod Smith taking it to the house and Cole Veasley running for like 50 YAC happened allowing the Cowboys to score in quick bunches.

Yep, the vast majority of plays Dak has "success" on are usually him doing 5-10% of the work and someone else making a play. A huge chunk of his yards are from dumps and screens to Elliott, WR screens, someone breaking tackles, or garbage time.

I give him credit for the 2nd TD to Copper, that was a good throw, but it is an extremely rare throw for him, and everything after the catch was all Cooper. That first TD was all the defender, and a little bit of Cooper.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lopey would you agree with this?

In 2016 we were a legitimate contender, correct?
And that was with Garrett, Linehan, and a much worse defense. If we upgraded from Garrett and Linehan to coaches that could get our offense to performing at 2016 levels, we could win a SB with this much better defense, right? Or no?

khiladi

Reaction score
Yep, the vast majority of plays Dak has "success" on are usually him doing 5-10% of the work and someone else making a play. A huge chunk of his yards are from dumps and screens to Elliott, WR screens, someone breaking tackles, or garbage time.

I give him credit for the 2nd TD to Copper, that was a good throw, but it is an extremely rare throw for him, and everything after the catch was all Cooper. That first TD was all the defender, and a little bit of Cooper.

The only three that was truly impressive was the second and that was a total anomaly. You and I both know he never throws there except for once in a blue moon. I believe even @percyhoward said this year he’s hit one pass over 20 yards inside the hashes out of 4 20 yard completions or something like that.

And we saw how many WRs were running wide open down particularly in the first meeting.