Dak you ain't getting Mahomes money

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak

Well, just maybe all of those come from behind wins against playoff teams had something to do with it?
Didn't you argue in the season that if Dak was a good QB than he wouldn't get behind in games and have to come from behind to win.......... just like a regular Dak hater, flip flop when it helps your argument.

Before you say it, I'm not saying Dak is better than Mahomes because he isn't. Mahomes is the best QB in the league.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Dak will get what the market pays him, which will probably be more than wentz.

Mahommes will get what the market pays him which will be more than Dak.

The next big FA QB will get what the market pays him which will be more than Mahommes.

Rinse and repeat

It is not rocket surgery.

a simple concept lost on half the Zone.

leeblair

Reaction score
Didn't you argue in the season that if Dak was a good QB than he wouldn't get behind in games and have to come from behind to win.......... just like a regular Dak hater, flip flop when it helps your argument.

Before you say it, I'm not saying Dak is better than Mahomes because he isn't. Mahomes is the best QB in the league.
I think I was arguing that Dak's stats were padded by garbage time stats because the Cowboys would get blown out and the opponent would relax.
Dak is a bad quarterback because the offense stagnates under him. There are no wins because the opposing team shuts him down again when the Cowboys start getting close.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think I was arguing that Dak's stats were padded by garbage time stats because the Cowboys would get blown out and the opponent would relax.
Dak is a bad quarterback because the offense stagnates under him. There are no wins because the opposing team shuts him down again when the Cowboys start getting close.
No wins? Haha, you're delusional

Verdict

Reaction score
Mahommes is now the face of the NFL, if he wasn’t already.

Very well deserved. Amazing comeback.

Dak should get more than Goff and Wentz, but obviously not close to what Mahommes is about to get.

If Mahommes gets $45M per year what is Dak worth?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Or we might miss out on another Zach Martin or Travis Frederick. There is a higher chance of filling in with a top player with the 17th pick at positions other than QB. There are also better odds of filling in with a solid starter in free agency at positions other than QB. QB is also kind of stand alone in the sense that linemen have players on either side that can help cover deficiencies. There is only one QB, and he handles the ball every offensive play.

By the way, Jaylon was a second round pick, and has become a pretty good player.

As for Tua/Herbert/Fromm … it appears you are talking about having them in addition to Dak rather than as a replacement for Dak, and if that is what you are saying, I would love to have one of those guys as depth, and then see if he can develop, but that's using a lot of draft capital on a guy that will probably be a backup, especially if we have to trade up, and especially while also paying Dak a a sizable amount of money. Tua is really the only one of the 3 that I think has a strong chance to be better than Dak, and he is likely to go in the top 10.
Tag Dak, move up for a QB. It is a alot of capitol but think it's worth it. Dak improves, we have our guy and trade "Taco; wasted pick so using him". If he holds out, we'll see where Tua is at next year.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Daks worst nightmare just occurred. Dak you can't come close to Mahomes or Wilson's money now. Settle on Goff and Wentz. Still not a bad deal.

Odds are Dak will sign a deal before Mahomes, so I don’t see how Dak’s worst nightmare occurred.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

Mahomes has the best weapons, easy division, & HOF coach. He ain’t better than Dak but his supporting cast is.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hard to appreciate this post until you look at Dak's 4th quarter comebacks.
He has 8 regular season, 5 in 2016, 0 in 2017, 3 in 2018, and 0 in 2019.
He also has 1 in postseason.

Throwing out the "perfect storm 2016 season" that leaves 3 in 3 years. Biggest margin is 7 from behind.
Those comebacks came against Detroit, Atlanta, and the Giants. None against winning teams.

Detroit was decided by a field goal as time expired.
Atlanta was decided by a field goal after Matt Ryan threw a 34 yard TD to Julio Jones to tie the game with 1:52 left.
Dak threw a 32 yard TD to Beasely and a two point conversion to Gallop to defeat the 5-11 Giants.

If he has a shining moment it would appear the Seattle post season game in 2018 is it.
Albeit, it wasn't his arm, the brought the win, rather he and Zeke both ran in 1 yard TDs to bring the score from Seattle 14-10 to Dallas 24-14 before Russell Wilson threw a 7 yarder to close the gap with Dallas winning 24-22.

I think the next question is: How many times did we go into the fourth trailing by 7 or less and lose, ala, New England this year?
In 2019, there were 5/6 winnable games: NO 12-10, Jets 24-22, Minn 28-24, NE 13-9, CHI 31-24, PHI (by 8) 17-9.......gotta win those games if you want to be elite.
thats my point heck with the Mahomes Comp but Daks a Garoppolo type at best he is cousins , goff, carr, etc etc so people are insane to even think it let alone still argue he deserves 34mil..

like yousaid and I touched on we had zero wins trailing at the half..we only needed ONE..one of those last 5 any f those 3 in arrow , just have Dak WILL a team to a win in crunch time..

to me its what have you done lately and I saw regression at seasons end..it was crunch time and he didnt out the team on his back one time.. Mahomes did it 3games in a row in the layoffs playing behind every game against the best at the biggest moments.. thats Elite..he maybe not win them all but he wins more of them then he loses and for sure can get one when needed..

I know this Mahomes takes our 2019 team into the playoffs , exact team exact situaions and he wins 2-3 more games on skill alone..

I know unfair comp thats why I say hes in that tier and thats 30-32 not 33-40mil 35 seems to be the # they keep using as most likely the mark, thats too much for a tier 2 QB..IDC about Market narratives..all 32 teams dont pay their qb the next market deal or teams 16-32 would all have qbs at that rate..daks should be around 10 whatever the avg of 5-10 are for a qb..most likely thats 30mil..

If im Jerry I end negations with one time offer of 30milI @4yrs with 90 guaranteed. If not I risk the Non exclusive Tag and let MM have him for a year to see how Dak responds before I hand him a LTD ..

Backup needs major upgrade in case Dak holds out and im drafting a Jhurts or Fromm around the 4th so we have a plan,.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
Completion percentage doesn’t equal accuracy smh. People stay exposing themselves.
Obviously accuracy and pass completions go hand in hand. Really not sure how you dont see the two as related. I would explain to you how the two are related but I would probably be wasting my breath.

GMO415

Reaction score
It's time that Jerry either shhhh or gets off the pot. Tag or sign Dak period

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Obviously accuracy and pass completions go hand in hand. Really not sure how you dont see the two as related. I would explain to you how the two are related but I would probably be wasting my breath.
No they don't go hand in hand but anything to hype up your average QB y'all will do it. You won't waste your breath because you're typing unless you're that out of shape that typing will make you out of breath.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
No they don't go hand in hand but anything to hype up your average QB y'all will do it. You won't waste your breath because you're typing unless you're that out of shape that typing will make you out of breath.
Lmao really bud? Providing your opinion with nothing to back it up combined with an insult is cute! If you were here I would tussle your hair

Section446

Reaction score
Don't insult Mahomes by bringing up he should not be named in the same sentence.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Mahomes has the best weapons, easy division, & HOF coach. He ain’t better than Dak but his supporting cast is.
I disagree on him being better than Dak. However it isn't as far away as some think. Everything else I completely agree on with his supporting cast.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Lmao really bud? Providing your opinion with nothing to back it up combined with an insult is cute! If you were here I would tussle your hair
Yes really bud. Who needs to back up the fact that completion percentage doesn’t equal accuracy? Lay off the narcotic. There were no insults victim. You said something smart I returned the same energy spare me the “insult” talk. You wouldn’t tussle anything but I understand how when you can’t see people and know what they can or can’t do people say things that offline where people can see see you people don’t say.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did you watch Trent Dilfer. I’ve seen some nasty quarterback play in the Super Bowl’s. Mahomes was the worst yesterday in my opinion. He threw up a Hail Mary to get back in the game. That receiver should get the award

Trent was absolute trash. And especially during the season. He actually performed well in that Super Bowl. But I’m not taking anything away from Mahomes, he was clutch when they needed him to be.