Dak you ain't getting Mahomes money

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Why should Dak get more than Wentz or Goff?
Wentz outplayed Dak this year, leading a team that was barely standing to the NFC East title.
Goff has been to a Super Bowl already.
Dak isn't in their league- let alone a higher one.
Dak is yet to prove he can win and make the Cowboys a better team because of him.
From what I've seen, any other quarterback could have done as well as Dak with the Cowboys talent.
You mean like Foles leading the Eagles to the Super Bowl and another playoff victory the second time Wince got hurt. Wentz has not won a playoff game. He is not clearly better then Dak. Wince is behind Dak on every measurable stat you can come up with so stop.

csirl

Reaction score
He could get money from Mahomes if Mahomes hires him as a personal assistant in a couple of years time after Dak drifts out of the league.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mahommes is now the face of the NFL, if he wasn’t already.

Very well deserved. Amazing comeback.

Dak should get more than Goff and Wentz, but obviously not close to what Mahommes is about to get.

Goff lead his team to a super bowl. Whats Dak done?

Kwyn

Reaction score
Draft the next guy (QB) no questions asked, and focus every other pick and FA signing on defense.

And 2020 became yet another disappointing season as the Cowboys dropped to a 5-11 record after handing over the franchise to “Draft The Next Guy”.

dfense

Reaction score
Someone please argue that a blue chip QB doesn't matter. 49ers had the best defense, running game and special teams. Their weak link? QB. And the Chiefs whole game plan was to put the ball in Jimmy's hands. He failed miserably when it mattered most. QB matters.

InTheZone

Reaction score
And 2020 became yet another disappointing season as the Cowboys dropped to a 5-11 record after handing over the franchise to “Draft The Next Guy”.
I think we have enough offensive talent and a competent coaching staff to have some success, maybe not as special as Zeke/Daks rookie year, but no where near 5-11 bad. And give the next guy 4 years like Dak, we may have a Super Bowl appearance in that time.

starfan1

Reaction score
We watched a superior team lose to an elite QB on a Rookie deal...

Why do these teams get stupid with paying mediocre QBs.. Will they ever learn their lesson?

I understand your stance on mediocre QBs but to say san fran is superior team I don't know that I can agree with. coming in unless the line changed KC was favored because they were considered better. Their offensive weapons are unreal.Its not about lessons learned its more about the market and availability. I get you don't want to see Dak overpaid I didnt want to see Lawrence and Zeke overpaid.

I didn't want to see Romo overpaid but I have also come to grips with realistic options and available options. If Dak came in between 33-35 i wont lose a wink of sleep (well actually its not my cash I wont lose a wink if he gets 40). Dak is average to above average I expect him to be paid around Goff and Wentz and if they franchise him thats ok too. Weve had Dak on an extremly affordable contract for 4 years hes going to get compensated

I just want them to fix the issues on D cause if they dont it wont matter whos behind center. The difference between Mahomes the AFC championship loser and Mahomes the SB championship QB is the investment on the defensive side of the ball in KC. Pats the same dude

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Daks worst nightmare just occurred. Dak you can't come close to Mahomes or Wilson's money now. Settle on Goff and Wentz. Still not a bad deal.

Mahomes has not gotten Mahomes money yet. Clearly he will be the highest paid and likely this off season. However with 25 FA of their own and cap space of only 8 million KC will have some issues of their own. Many key players will be up for FA this season and next for KC with little cash. Cowboys on the other hand are around 80 million under the cap and should be able to get many key players signed including Dak

JonesBoys

Reaction score
If Dak wants to eat up a huge chunk of the cap ,which in turn weakens the overall team, then he better be able to put the team on his back at times. With less depth if he’s not able to do that they will never win. Can Dak carry the team like Mahomes did last night? He hasn’t shown that yet so this is a huge gamble if he gets paid as much as he wants. If he doesn’t deliver he will be hated big time by fans for getting so much money and killing the team.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Well Mahomes just so the Super Bowl...

Dak didn’t make the playoffs

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Daks worst nightmare just occurred. Dak you can't come close to Mahomes or Wilson's money now. Settle on Goff and Wentz. Still not a bad deal.

Spot-on. If Dak demands Mahomes-level money, the team must let him walk and draft a QB. With Mahomes, KC beat a team with a top-two defense in a come-from-behind victory. That doesn't happen with Dak as their QB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
watching Jimmy G and goff last year sure a glimpse into what you get from a 29-34mil for atier 2 QB..they miss wide open WRs when its on the line in bigger games..they tried to cover up JG in the two playoff games by running a lot but when they really needed him in crunch time he didnt make the lays..Mahomes isnt the barometer we know he wont get that but really investing 34 ino a QB that looks a lot like Goff, JG, CARR, and other who got paid and cant get their team a win when they are really needed more times then not..paying Dak 34 is huge mistake..Mahomes is starting at 40 so im not worried about that but it will raise the average for the others..which guarantees Dak 35 if Mahomes gets paid first..

im having night terrors..

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Kellen Moore was successful.
Brandon Weeden would have been if Garrett had let him play. But Garrett was lost without Romo and chose to reel in the offense and hope that Romo could return and "run the table" to get him into the playoffs.
Cassel never had a chance. He was brought in on short notice and didn't know the system.
But Moore played well for a guy who had never taken a snap. However, by that point the Cowboys were intent on tanking for a draft pick.

Kellen Moore was 0-2 in 2015. That’s not successful.

The fact is it takes a good QB to win consistently, even behind a good OL as the 2015 season proved.

erod

Reaction score
Dak is a client of CAA (Creative Artists Agency). They have clients such as Beyonce, JJ Abrams, Cate Blanchett, George Clooney, Tom Cruise, Scarlett Johannson, Matthew McConaughey, Ryan Gosling, Tom Hanks, Jennifer Lawrence.......

They don't negotiate for anything but top dollar.

Tag him, which is best for the team anyway. If he doesn't start to show he can carry the team when needed, then ditch him later.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Goff lead his team to a super bowl. Whats Dak done?

Goff did nothing. He just a long for the ride.

The biggest favor he did for his team was be on a rookie contract.

Now that he is paid he will just bring that team down.

IMO.. Dak > Goff

As mediocre as Dak is at least he is a warrior on the football field.