Dak's accuracy has been an issue

Grevus

Reaction score
I’m not the biggest Dak fan, but some of the criticism he receives is extremely unfair. I mean, a lot of it is just factually untrue at its core.

If people here watched a few football game other than Dallas, they would see just how bad QB play is for the majority of teams.
No QB in the league has the same spotlight as the QB for the Cowboys. He's had some really good games and some really poor games, but so has many other top QBs in this league.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Ive never been a Dak fanboy... EVER, but cmon. He is at 71% for the season. He has 3 games at 80+%, another at 70%. Hed be at 75% for the season if it werent for that first horrible weather game.

Reactions: G2

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Now wait just a minute. You started this discussion by saying, "I would much rather have a qb that was always reliably good enough than one that was usually very good but occasionally missing in action." When it was pointed out to you that there's no such thing, suddenly you're changing your tune completely and saying no, you don't want a "reliably good enough" QB, you want a superman QB. If I didn't know any better, I might think that you just want to bad-mouth Dak and you'll throw anything you can come up with against the wall to try to support your argument.

Also, guess what? No QB goes "up against the best of teams and things aren't going their way" and "changes the momentum of the game by stepping up" on a regular basis. Usually, they lose those games. What do you think makes those other teams "the best of teams," anyway? The guys you're thinking of are the guys who were actually on "the best of teams" to begin with.
So are you of the opinion that elite level qb's don't make their otherwise average teams better?
Rodgers made Green Bay better and more competitive for years, as has Mahomes at KC and other examples etc...

I'm not badmouthing Dak anyway, I think he's a quite good qb, he just has limits that get exposed quite often, especially in play off games.
You could of course argue that coaches should help him by using him in a way to accent what he does best but that's a whole other conversation.

Proof

Reaction score
What does this even mean?

Mahomes had 0 answers against Denver just two days ago.
i’ve been an ardent dak defender for years, but you don’t watch him sometimes and are completely baffled at how bad he looks? this is through biased eyes too, looking for the good/excuses, and just left befuddled

plasticman

Reaction score
One area where Dak does need to improve is his overall performances in away games.

Dak's passer rating, for home games since the start of the 2022 season is 102.9. However, his passer rating for away games is 83.5.

This represents as decrease of 19.4 points, the 4th largest decrease among starting QB's in passer rating from home games to away games. Dak has to find a way to focus and not let a hostile crowd affect him, if that's the issue.

As I said before, Dak's difference in combined passer rating between home and away games is ranked #4. The #1 rank goes to Josh Allen with a 24.9 difference and Jared Goff with a 20.9 difference. The Cowboys will be hosting Jared Goff and the Lions.

Some of the quarterbacks play better on the road. The difference in passer rating for them is a negative number. Three quarterbacks have significantly better results on the road and they are Jimmy Garoppolo, Russell Wilson and Geno Smith.

Since the beginning of last season the Cowboys are 11-1 at home and 6-6 on the road.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
i’ve been an ardent dak defender for years, but you don’t watch him sometimes and are completely baffled at how bad he looks? this is through biased eyes too, looking for the good/excuses, and just left befuddled
Yes sometimes he has bad games. Every QB sometimes has bad games.

But Dak's often look much worse because of how poor the systems around him are, and nobody on the offense makes any plays that don't start with him. It's impossible to be consistent when you are the sole engine of the offense. It is the same in Buffalo, despite JA having a lot more raw talent than Dak, and we're seeing it in KC now too.

Guys like Tua, Purdy and sometimes Burrow can have poor games where they still put up big numbers because the systems and playmakers around them can pick up slack when the QB doesn't have his A Game.

The lack of investment in a prolific passing offense is a massive failure of this front office. To have a guy like Brandin Cooks or Michael Gallup be so integral to your success is hugely problematic.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Nav22 will you disappear again like the past seasons when the Cowboys lose in the Divisional round? That's an issue.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Rankings matter again yay!

Now lets do total yards Dak is #18 whoops

Now lets do total total yards per attempt (the reason Dak's accuracy is so high) he is #13 whoops

Now lets do Passing TD #13 whoops

Now lets do Rating #8 (I like this shows he is playing well)

Anyone can cherry pick a good looking stat / ranking to start a troll post...

I do enjoy Nav as he is one of the better to spar with right after AC.

As a so called "Hater" I am happy to say Dak is playing very well in this offense, and I think it is very beneficial to us as fans, and hope this week it really shows. But yeah ratings mean nothing if we can't do it when it matters most. I hope that Dak plays big and remains on top of must ratings after this Sunday.... but can you blame me for being nervous about a big game?

:oldcouple:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So are you of the opinion that elite level qb's don't make their otherwise average teams better?
Rodgers made Green Bay better and more competitive for years, as has Mahomes at KC and other examples etc...

I'm not badmouthing Dak anyway, I think he's a quite good qb, he just has limits that get exposed quite often, especially in play off games.
You could of course argue that coaches should help him by using him in a way to accent what he does best but that's a whole other conversation.
Huh? Of course elite players make their teams better, because they're better than average players. It's kind of tautological.

Again, you started out by saying you just wanted someone "reliably good enough." Now you're talking about elite players. I'm just not letting you get away with that bait and switch. "I just want someone ordinary and reliable who will also end up an inner-circle HOFer, is that so much to ask?"

And as for those elite QBs like Rodgers and Mahomes, they lost plenty of games to the best teams where they didn't "change the momentum" and put the team on their backs or whatever you said in your previous post. Heck, they lost games to bad teams too, look at KC-DEN just last week. Like I said before, if you play a top team and fall behind, you usually lose, no matter who your QB is.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Oh good so glad someone brought this up.

It's higher than Lawrence, Mahomes, Goff and Burrow lmao. People just making things up.
His yards per attempt averaged just over 6.5 yards except for the last two games where they were a bit above 9.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
One area where Dak does need to improve is his overall performances in away games.

Dak's passer rating, for home games since the start of the 2022 season is 102.9. However, his passer rating for away games is 83.5.

This represents as decrease of 19.4 points, the 4th largest decrease among starting QB's in passer rating from home games to away games. Dak has to find a way to focus and not let a hostile crowd affect him, if that's the issue.

As I said before, Dak's difference in combined passer rating between home and away games is ranked #4. The #1 rank goes to Josh Allen with a 24.9 difference and Jared Goff with a 20.9 difference. The Cowboys will be hosting Jared Goff and the Lions.

Some of the quarterbacks play better on the road. The difference in passer rating for them is a negative number. Three quarterbacks have significantly better results on the road and they are Jimmy Garoppolo, Russell Wilson and Geno Smith.

Since the beginning of last season the Cowboys are 11-1 at home and 6-6 on the road.
Lotta good stuff here but I wanted to address this one in particular. I honestly don't think the road crowd affects Dak at all. But it does affect the offense. The main issue is the communication. The calls at the line, the adjustments with the receivers and the ability to audible out of bad plays all take a hit when you can't hear the guy five feet away from you. Remember all the times when CD was out there gesturing that he had no idea what the play was? Then there is the loss of snap count advantage for the linemen. Basically the d-line gains a half to full second jump when the offense starts having to simplify its cadence. There is also a small matter of WHO you're playing on the road. Playing the 49ers on the road is different from playing the Giants on the road.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
We aren’t haters. We are realists. Dak hasn’t done anything when the lights are on and when we enter the dance. Until he learns to tango in the big games idc what his stats say!!!!!!! Stats can lie!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We aren’t haters. We are realists. Dak hasn’t done anything when the lights are on and when we enter the dance. Until he learns to tango in the big games idc what his stats say!!!!!!! Stats can lie!!
This is fair as long as we don't keep reclassifying games and small as soon as the Cowboys win and Dak plays well. IMHO all games before you clinch HFA are BIG games. If you ever played you know what I'm talking about. I never went into any game thinking I could give any less effort than any other game based on the opponent. I wanted to win and I wanted to give the best possible effort towards that outcome. Really didn't matter to me who the opponent was. Now I get that for a lot of NFL players it's just a job and they don't carry that attitude into every game. And maybe they're justified in that because if they let every loss crush them the way it does the fans they'd all be suicidal by mid-season. However the fact remains that Dak has won two playoff games and was the best QB on the field in three of his four losses. He was just let down by other components of the team. Do I want him to play even better? Absofrigginlutely.. but I am not one of those who didn't notice that in the 2016 loss to the Packers, the 2018 Rams and the 2021 Niners, he was better than their QB.. at least in that game. Yes he could have made one more play that might have won the game in those.. But he was far from the only one who failed to make that one play now was he?

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
This is fair as long as we don't keep reclassifying games and small as soon as the Cowboys win and Dak plays well. IMHO all games before you clinch HFA are BIG games. If you ever played you know what I'm talking about. I never went into any game thinking I could give any less effort than any other game based on the opponent. I wanted to win and I wanted to give the best possible effort towards that outcome. Really didn't matter to me who the opponent was. Now I get that for a lot of NFL players it's just a job and they don't carry that attitude into every game. And maybe they're justified in that because if they let every loss crush them the way it does the fans they'd all be suicidal by mid-season. However the fact remains that Dak has won two playoff games and was the best QB on the field in three of his four losses. He was just let down by other components of the team. Do I want him to play even better? Absofrigginlutely.. but I am not one of those who didn't notice that in the 2016 loss to the Packers, the 2018 Rams and the 2021 Niners, he was better than their QB.. at least in that game. Yes he could have made one more play that might have won the game in those.. But he was far from the only one who failed to make that one play now was he?
Until we win in the playoffs people are valid in being angry!!!!! It’s been 28 years. Produce Cowboys. Produce!!!!