Dak's advancement

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think we see an uptick this year without the atrocious red zone scheme Linehan had. Dak did miss a few opportunities but I think this is one of those things we see improve this year.

I hope so.

Dak needs to develop. He needs a back shoulder throw added to his arsenal.

He seems to struggle reading defenses.

Holds the football too long.

Etc. Etc.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Well, I haven't read all the responses so far, but the truth is Dak will really be on the spot this year.

Picture this: It's 3rd and 5. Dak is in shotgun, with Zeke next to him. Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup are lined up wide, Randall Cobb is in the slot, and Jason Witten is at tight end.

What's my point? If the protection is reasonably good, somebody is going to be open. It's your move, Dak.:starspin:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
People like you have been "celebrating " this mediocrity for 23 years and making excuse after excuse in blind fandom

But if at some point they happen to win something people who disagree with you shouldn't celebrate ?
Never before have I seen someone else so concerned about how I go about demonstrating my fanhood for the last 23 years. Don't worry about me and you'll be a happier person. You just do you... which means you'll jump on the bandwagon when the team wins a SB but can't hang with the team when times are not so good.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
so here we go again.....W/L....did Dak do it all by himself? because apprantley these other QBs that had won/loss records, didn't get it by themselves, they didn't carry their teams....but seemingly Dak gets all the credit for W/L records.... this according to other Dak lovers...you all need to get together and get your spins aligned because it spins in a different direction every post

average because

2016 - 23rd in passing
2017 - 26th in passing
2018 - 23rd in passing

2017 - 3-3 without zeke
2018 - with Zeke performing well, 9-1, when zeke didn't perform well 2-6

that's utter definition of average or maybe even below average....yes, I am sure you are going to point out to his completion percentage as a proof that he is accurate.

but I am sure its the WRs fault, the RBs fault, the coaches fault, the owners fault, section 424 row 24's fault, the butler, the sun shining too bright and the rotation of the earth slowing down, 0.0002% that caused his inaccuracies.

2016- Dak was 19th in passing yards, not 23rd. He did however have only the 23rd most pass attempts. Using bulk passing stats is really stupid.

2017- Dak was 16th in yards and attempts, not 26th like you said.

2018- Dak was 15th in yards and 13th in attempts, not 23rd like you claim.

Using 3-3 without Zeke also shows stupidity. We are 4-3 without Zeke like was established, that's a 57% win %. With Zeke in 2018 we won 60% of our games, A WHOLE 3 %!?!?!? WOW. Lmao.

And I guess you need to be told again, rushing yards are a result of winning Lmao. How you don't understand that still is another indicator of intelligence
:laugh:

And it's funny you say 2-6 when Zeke doesnt perform well, which you completely just made up. In games that Zeke didnt hit 100 yards, we were 3-5. Tells you how weak of an argument you have when you have to lie and hope people done check.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
so here we go again.....W/L....did Dak do it all by himself? because apprantley these other QBs that had won/loss records, didn't get it by themselves, they didn't carry their teams....but seemingly Dak gets all the credit for W/L records.... this according to other Dak lovers...you all need to get together and get your spins aligned because it spins in a different direction every post

average because

2016 - 23rd in passing
2017 - 26th in passing
2018 - 23rd in passing

2017 - 3-3 without zeke
2018 - with Zeke performing well, 9-1, when zeke didn't perform well 2-6

that's utter definition of average or maybe even below average....yes, I am sure you are going to point out to his completion percentage as a proof that he is accurate.

but I am sure its the WRs fault, the RBs fault, the coaches fault, the owners fault, section 424 row 24's fault, the butler, the sun shining too bright and the rotation of the earth slowing down, 0.0002% that caused his inaccuracies.
“In passing”.....

What specifically is this stat? Pass yards, passer rating...?

Nav22

Reaction score
He's not going to use anything objective like passer rating because Dak has really shined in the passer rating and QBR stat. Top 10 twice in his first three seasons.
Yeah, on first glance I figured he was using pass yards, which would be so completely idiotic yet typical for one of these guys.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
2016- Dak was 19th in passing yards, not 23rd. He did however have only the 23rd most pass attempts. Using bulk passing stats is really stupid.

Using 3-3 without Zeke also shows stupidity. We are 4-3 without Zeke like was established, that's a 57% win %. With Zeke in 2018 we won 60% of our games, A WHOLE 3 %!?!?!? WOW. Lmao.

And I guess you need to be told again, rushing yards are a result of winning Lmao. How you don't understand that still is another indicator of intelligence

And it's funny you say 2-6 when Zeke doesnt perform well, which you completely just made up. In games that Zeke didnt hit 100 yards, we were 3-5. Tells you how weak of an argument you have when you have to lie and hope people done check.
ok, I looked at team rankings as opposed to individual rankings. my mistake....but the ranking you just outlined is still average to below average compare to other QBs in the league...slightly better, but not much.

I said without zeke in 2017 not overall record without zeke.........yes we won the giants game last year in a meaningless last game of the season, against a 5-10 team....woohoo let the dak lovers rejoice.

the point is when Zeke does well, we win. it has no reflection on how dak does, he has had good passing game and bad passing games regardless of how zeke has done. but we have won when zeke has done well. Dak depends on Zeke more than dak lovers willing to admit because it doesn't lend itself to the meaningless and baseless infatuation.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
“In passing”.....

What specifically is this stat? Pass yards, passer rating...?
this was passing yards..... and I have to make correction, I mistakenly looked at team passing yards....which is an interesting stat for comparison sake anyway, since it seems some back highly contributed to their teams passing.....regardless he was 19th, 15th and 16th compared to other QBs. passer rating is meaningless in many aspects.....QBR is a better measure....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yeah, on first glance I figured he was using pass yards, which would be so completely idiotic yet typical for one of these guys.

He uses total rushing yards and total passing yards as his basis for performance.

It's guys like him that make the Daktractors look so bad, and all the big Cowboys yall guys make fun of them when they aren't objective.

There's legitimate reasons to be concerned about Dak's overall game, like his average TD% through his first three years.

But using total passing yards for a QB on a slow paced, run first, conservative offense is just about as dumb as it gets, and it's incredibly bad look.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh, so a QB shouldn’t get the credit, but the RB should. Right. RBs carry teams.

Barry Sanders totally sucked then, right? He didn’t win anything or come close to a Super Bowl.
so Dak lovers keep pointing to all the wins and give Dak credit for all the wins. when you dig a little further we can clearly see its quite a different story.... the point being that without zeke a top 2 RB in the league....this team struggled...without his performance, the team struggled, thus defensive coordinators keyed on stopping zeke and putting the game in Dak's hand....opposing teams even talked about the strategy.

and no, the team gets credit, not Zeke....much like not giving credit to Dak for the wins by himself.......

we can probably plug any other average QB on this offense and end result would be the same.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I count 100 total yards, not just rushing yards...zeke is a dual weapon.... but then again Dak lovers like to spin spin spin....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He's not going to use anything objective like passer rating because Dak has really shined in the passer rating and QBR stat. Top 10 twice in his first three seasons.
aha, here we go again with Dak Lovers spinning. so passer rating is objective but total passing yards is just invalid way to measure....

so if passer rating is objective, then does this means Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Dak? correct. and it also means Cousins is a better QB? right

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/qb-rating-nfl

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

and even taking into account QB rating or total QBR, Dak Prescott ranked as average...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He uses total rushing yards and total passing yards as his basis for performance.

It's guys like him that make the Daktractors look so bad, and all the big Cowboys yall guys make fun of them when they aren't objective.

There's legitimate reasons to be concerned about Dak's overall game, like his average TD% through his first three years.

But using total passing yards for a QB on a slow paced, run first, conservative offense is just about as dumb as it gets, and it's incredibly bad look.
no, its one of the measures of performance....he was average in total yards. he was average in QB rating. but I am sure you are going to say its not being objective, we have to take a look at completion percentage.

spin spin spin spin

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

btw, there is a reason we are conservative, run first offense. because we can depend on Dak and his passing (in)ability to get us to victory.... the coaches for a change designed the right scheme to protect the player.

Nav22

Reaction score
no, its one of the measures of performance....he was average in total yards. he was average in QB rating. but I am sure you are going to say its not being objective, we have to take a look at completion percentage.

spin spin spin spin
Total yards?

1) That’s an incredibly idiotic stat to judge QBs by.

2) It’s NOT TRUE anyways.

Dak had 4,190 total yards last year. Show us where that ranks in the NFL.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
ok, I looked at team rankings as opposed to individual rankings. my mistake....but the ranking you just outlined is still average to below average compare to other QBs in the league...slightly better, but not much.

I said without zeke in 2017 not overall record without zeke.........yes we won the giants game last year in a meaningless last game of the season, against a 5-10 team....woohoo let the dak lovers rejoice.

the point is when Zeke does well, we win. it has no reflection on how dak does, he has had good passing game and bad passing games regardless of how zeke has done. but we have won when zeke has done well. Dak depends on Zeke more than dak lovers willing to admit because it doesn't lend itself to the meaningless and baseless infatuation.

So let's say he's been average then, like you just said.

So a QB that was average in his first three seasons I was average, with one of the worst OCs if not the worst OC in the league, and you want to...... get rid of him?