Dak's advancement

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Don't have the breakdown, but believe it was in the top 10? Still doesn't change the fact that he hasn't been better than average overall as a passer since his rookie year.

And he has also been atrocious for relatively lengthy periods of time. His ability as a runner does help, but it is much more of a luxury than anything else.

It all adds up to being average as a passer for the last couple of years. Maybe he improves, but the redzone offense was a huge problem last year and I don't think that has been addressed yet.
Ice ice baby, too cold... too cold.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I think most every person on this board was pleasantly surprised Dak's rookie year when I think he surpassed even the most enthusiastic expectations. Since that time many of you have soured on him, and some are even rooting for him to fail.

I have my own concerns about Dak, but a I don't really believe that the coaching staff has done him any favors. I think Jerry and Stephen may also believe that as well.

Let's say Jerry, Steven McClay and Co. are right about Dak and reward him with what many here would consider to be an above market contract for Dak, (top 10 contract) but not really top 5 pay.

Many here would cringe at that number and I think that's understandable. But maybe Jerry and Co. are more in tune to reality than many believe them to be.

We all KNOW Linehan SUCKED. What if Dak gets some really good coaching, gets put in the position to succeed and he performs far above his rookie campaign level in terms of his play and winning. What would that be worth?

I really believe that Jerry and Stephen will not fire Garrett no matter what. But I have reconsidered that position. What IF Jerry and Stephen and McClay are pushing all their chips on Dak and saying we are not going to piss off Dak's career the same as we did with Romo. Maybe Garrett really IS on the hot seat.

I believe you will see Dak improve frantically this year, as all of the pieces are starting to come together. 1. He has a healthy, deep, talented OL. 2. He has a #1 receiver in Cooper an up and comer in Gallup and more talent in Cobb than he has ever had before.

The weak link on offense is RB2. That should be addressed in the draft. We also could use a real tight end (Ertz type). If we get that, and some innovative play calling this offense could SOAR.

The defense might take a step back this year if Tank departs via a trade, but I think it will be at least average. The team, as comprised will be good. The draft should, in theory, make us a little bit better.

I expect a trade to happen somewhere along the way, and they tend to be out of the blue and not what we expect. I'm optimistic about this year.
Glad to see more of you joining us on the Dak Wagon.... :thumbup::popcorn:

#MyDude

Reactions: CWR

Nav22

Reaction score
aren't you cute with your anal-ness... sticking to the semantics.... really cute

he is AVERAGE as a passer
...end of story

look up his stats on NFL.com...its all there for you to see.....average passing yards three years running. average QBR.....average rating...... Dak lovers spin spin spin spin spin
Here’s what you cited earlier when I asked for numbers to back up your claim:

2016 - 23rd in passing
2017 - 26th in passing
2018 - 23rd in passing

I asked you to provide a link or more information for these “stats” and you couldn’t do it.

Because you MADE THEM UP!!!!! THEY’RE PHONY!!!!!

Dak has his bum haters so shook... that they’re resorting to this?????
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All of Dak's weaknesses are highlited in the pocket. All of his strengths are leveraged by running.

We could develop a good running QB or a poor pocket QB. I'd rather have a good running QB for a short time than a poor pocket QB for a long time.

We should have been running him throughout his rookie contract and making the most of it. If he turned into a pocket passer, great, we extend him. If he doesn't, and he hasn't, we move on.

We've been wasting the opportunity we had with a good, cheap running QB by "saving" him for a mediocre career as a pocket passer.

Dak is what he is. Not letting him run won't turn him into Brady.

Obviously Cowboys management has not given up on the idea of him becoming a decent pocket passer. Many of us have our doubts about that happening but the team wants a full-fledged NFL QB, not an RPO guy.

Brax

Reaction score
I did. because that's what eventually all Dak Lovers do...bring up somebody else at being at fault...its inevitable. it happens everytime. never fails. and coaching always always always is a go to move by Dak Lovers.

and I bet they are readying for next year....if things go well, it was all linehan, no mention of garrett and they want moore to become HC.... if it doesn't, then its garrett and moore is a rookie OC and should have never been on any coaching staff... guaranteed.
The newest play from the new OC genius will be Dak falls back and throws a deep ball then runs down the field and catches his beautifully thrown ball to himself and scores. Everyone else sucks so poor Dak has to win the games single handed. Coaches suck, OL sucks , running game means nothing, (only Daks runs mean anything) and WR's who can't catch his dirt balls or high balls. And the Defense , never seen such a pitiful group, They need Dak the great to bail them out week after week with his 13 point masterful games. Yes Dak is really a elite QB we should be proud of Guy is ranked high somewhere around 17 what more could anyone or any team want. wake up why can't you see Dak's greatness.

HungryLion

Reaction score
bottom line, Brady led his team to a superbowl win. Dak fizzled and couldn't. Brady elevated his team. Dak got elevated. there just wasn't enough top 5 position players on the team to help him get past average.

Bottom line, the patriots defense and special teams won them a Super Bowl that year and anybody who actually watched the games, knows it. Your point was wrong and you had zilch to back it up.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Bottom line, the patriots defense and special teams won them a Super Bowl that year and anybody who actually watched the games, knows it. Your point was wrong and you had zilch to back it up.

In his three game SB run the 2001 Pat's offense scored 60 total points. In the conference finals and SB Brady had 115 and 145 passing yards lmao.
Dak's offense in his first three playoff games scored 77 points. A touchdown per game difference.

Yet Brady led his team to a SB, while Dak fizzled out lmao.

It's not hard to tell who knows football and who comes up with stuff as they go on here.

HungryLion

Reaction score
As a matter of fact, the only thing he was able to possibly prove with his argument, is that Dak in his first 3 seasons, wasn’t as good as Tom Brady in his first 3 seasons.

So he was arguing that Dak wasn’t as good in his first 3 seasons, as the greatest QB of all time. Yet, somehow his brain thought that was a valid reason for needing to replace Dak.

Obviously the cowboys just need to draft themselves a Tom Brady in the upcoming draft. The answer is so simple and clear now.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Don't have the breakdown, but believe it was in the top 10? Still doesn't change the fact that he hasn't been better than average overall as a passer since his rookie year.

And he has also been atrocious for relatively lengthy periods of time. His ability as a runner does help, but it is much more of a luxury than anything else.

It all adds up to being average as a passer for the last couple of years. Maybe he improves, but the redzone offense was a huge problem last year and I don't think that has been addressed yet.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Here’s what you cited earlier when I asked for numbers to back up your claim:

2016 - 23rd in passing
2017 - 26th in passing
2018 - 23rd in passing

I asked you to provide a link or more information for these “stats” and you couldn’t do it.

Because you MADE THEM UP!!!!! THEY’RE PHONY!!!!!

Dak has his bum haters so shook... that they’re resorting to this?????
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
those numbers were pulled from "team passing yards", if you read the thread I said that it was my mistake for pulling the "team stats" instead of individual. but the numbers are valid. with that said, I also mentioned those number are also indicators that are teams with multiple QBs that are better passing team than us.....different debate and discussion there.

regardless, you cutesy attempt to dismiss this, when the individual passing stats still puts Dak as a middle of the pack type QB, which you refuse to acknowledge and tried to dismiss by calling it meaningless and trying to say rating is more objective, which then it was shown his rating was middle of the pack.

you Dak lovers like to Spin, distract, on focus on meaningless semantics.....which doesn't change the fact that Dak is average. his stats are average. his performance is average. his play is average.

I guess you care more about winning an argument and proving that you are right about Dak, than success of the team..... we all have our priorities

Brax

Reaction score
I get it Brady was average for getting them to the SB and winning because it was everyone else who won it not Brady he was just along for the ride , but Dak is great because he doesn't and It's not his fault because everyone else stinks and poor old Dak had to carry the team, I guess you didn't watch any NE games that SB year did you? It is so lame that any one can compare Dak to Brady sorry just doesn't fly. Stop comparing Dak to any QB until after he has won something meaningful. At this point Dak is a JAG trying to play QB with a limited set of skills. Hopefully he plays at a much improved level next season and can be the QB going forward we would like to see. Honestly Dak or Brady first 3 years Brady every day every week and every year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In his three game SB run the 2001 Pat's offense scored 60 total points. In the conference finals and SB Brady had 115 and 145 passing yards lmao.
Dak's offense in his first three playoff games scored 77 points. A touchdown per game difference.

Yet Brady led his team to a SB, while Dak fizzled out lmao.

It's not hard to tell who knows football and who comes up with stuff as they go on here.
you are comparing offenses of 20 years ago to today...when passing has been made so easy with the new rules that 5000 yard passing seasons are normal. 4000 yards passers are very normal

also, you are now giving credit to the pats defense, but in another response you say its a team sport and the team wins....spin spin spin and use a different line of argument for different points...

end of the day, pats won, cowboys didn't. pats had top 6 defense. so did we. Brady made plays when needed and enough plays to win it. Dak didn't. we had 10% 3rd down conversion rate against rams, somehow in your mind that's the defenses fault. the defense held in the first quarter, stopped rams and kept them to field goals. offense couldnt' take advantage and fizzled....we couldn't stay on the field, control the clock and rams wore the defense...but again spin spin spin spin and blame the defense, the WR, the TE, the coach, the OC, the owner, the RB, and never Dak.
and again you dismissed the fact that Dak had Zeke and Cooper and a great OL. Brady had Troy brown and Antwuan smith....Brown's best three years of his career came with brady..... Brady elevated Tory Brown, not the other way around, since all you Dak lovers complained about is that Dak doesn't have a top line WR group and a top 5 WR so he sucks because of that.....

and I find it funny, you took the 2001 3 games, but 2016 and 2018 results for Dak.....why not take a look at other Pats offensive results across multiple years.....spin spin spin....I am sure you response will be "I am trying to compare first 3 games".... this year, the cowboys offense averaged 23 points in the playoffs. 20 years later, much more relaxed offensive rules. much more relaxed passing rules for offenses. yet 23 points. spin spin spin

It's not hard to tell who knows football and who comes up with stuff as they go on here...spin spin spin

HungryLion

Reaction score
I get it Brady was average for getting them to the SB and winning because it was everyone else who won it not Brady he was just along for the ride , but Dak is great because he doesn't and It's not his fault because everyone else stinks and poor old Dak had to carry the team, I guess you didn't watch any NE games that SB year did you? It is so lame that any one can compare Dak to Brady sorry just doesn't fly. Stop comparing Dak to any QB until after he has won something meaningful. At this point Dak is a JAG trying to play QB with a limited set of skills. Hopefully he plays at a much improved level next season and can be the QB going forward we would like to see. Honestly Dak or Brady first 3 years Brady every day every week and every year.

It’s a shame I never said any of those things, so you’re just putting out a straw man BS argument that is completely invalid to the discussion at hand that was being had.

HungryLion

Reaction score
you are comparing offenses of 20 years ago to today...when passing has been made so easy with the new rules that 5000 yard passing seasons are normal. 4000 yards passers are very normal

also, you are now giving credit to the pats defense, but in another response you say its a team sport and the team wins....spin spin spin and use a different line of argument for different points...

end of the day, pats won, cowboys didn't. pats had top 6 defense. so did we. Brady made plays when needed and enough plays to win it. Dak didn't. we had 10% 3rd down conversion rate against rams, somehow in your mind that's the defenses fault. the defense held in the first quarter, stopped rams and kept them to field goals. offense couldnt' take advantage and fizzled....we couldn't stay on the field, control the clock and rams wore the defense...but again spin spin spin spin and blame the defense, the WR, the TE, the coach, the OC, the owner, the RB, and never Dak.
and again you dismissed the fact that Dak had Zeke and Cooper and a great OL. Brady had Troy brown and Antwuan smith....Brown's best three years of his career came with brady..... Brady elevated Tory Brown, not the other way around, since all you Dak lovers complained about is that Dak doesn't have a top line WR group and a top 5 WR so he sucks because of that.....

and I find it funny, you took the 2001 3 games, but 2016 and 2018 results for Dak.....why not take a look at other Pats offensive results across multiple years.....spin spin spin....I am sure you response will be "I am trying to compare first 3 games".... this year, the cowboys offense averaged 23 points in the playoffs. 20 years later, much more relaxed offensive rules. much more relaxed passing rules for offenses. yet 23 points. spin spin spin

It's not hard to tell who knows football and who comes up with stuff as they go on here...spin spin spin

I said in my post that you have to adjust for the time frame it happened.

Even with those adjustments. Brady didn’t play that well, anything above average.

He most certainly in no way shape or form, come
Close to “carrying” the team.

You used him as an example of carrying a team. He didn’t carry them. Not even close.

So that was wrong.

You’ve still yet to name any other young QB that carried a team......... because you can’t. Because it doesn’t happen. You’re the one doing the spinning. I asked you to provide one example of a young QB carrying a team to a super bowl and you couldn’t do it. Now you are tying to spin Brady’s average performance as “carrying”.

You’re also changing the subject and using “whataboutism” because you couldn’t prove the assertion you made, that you were asked to back up and couldn’t do.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score

Even with those adjustments. Brady didn’t play that well, anything above average.

You used him as an example of carrying a team. He didn’t carry them. Not even close.

So that was wrong.

You’ve still yet to name any other young QB that carried a team......... because you can’t. Because it doesn’t happen.
True facts.

The only recent example I can think of is Ben Roethlisberger in 2004. The Steelers were playing solid D back then too, but the offense wasn't exactly star studded with the exception of Hines Ward and 32 year old Jerome Bettis.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak Prescott is a winner. From the first snap until the last snap everything in between is called football. He has 13 fourth-quarter wins that's when the game was on the line I trust him most. I no longer have expectations of failure when something goes a little bit backwards. I can't wait until you learn truly how to read an NFL defense. It takes more than four or five seasons

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

So that was wrong.

You’ve still yet to name any other young QB that carried a team......... because you can’t. Because it doesn’t happen. You’re the one doing the spinning. I asked you to provide one example of a young QB carrying a team to a super bowl and you couldn’t do it. Now you are tying to spin Brady’s average performance as “carrying”.

You’re also changing the subject and using “whataboutism” because you couldn’t prove the assertion you made, that you were asked to back up and couldn’t do.
Prescott has carried this team more than once. Two seasons ago he went head over heels in the endzone I forgot who he was playing against. Ever since then he took over the leadership of this team. Make no mistake about it this is his team

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't. I'm just tired of assuming these idiots in the front office know what they are doing and have some sort of smart plan devised around the future of the franchise..
I don't know ever since William McClain took over. We no longer drafting players for schemes were not playing. We drafted very well in the backfield for man to man coverage. I see a difference with William Stephan and Jason taking over

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

No with the era adjustment Brady was still putrid, yet won.

There is so much fact spinning with you. It's insane and embarrassing.

You can't say Brady made the plays and Dak didnt, when you never watched them lmao.

"Why would you use Brady's 2001 games, and Dak's 2016 and 2018 games". Are you inept LMAO? You were talking about Brady's first SB, why would you want me to use his stats from another playoff run, and obviously I'm going to use those for Dak because they are his only playoff performances. I guess I should have forecasted his next three.
SPIN SPIN SPIN

Those were the first three playoff games for both Dak and Brady. One far outplayed the other. One you're claiming lead his team, the other you claim fizzled.

You continue to show your hand and dig your hole even deeper.