Dak's advancement

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Total yards?

1) That’s an incredibly idiotic stat to judge QBs by.

2) It’s NOT TRUE anyways.

Dak had 4,190 total yards last year. Show us where that ranks in the NFL.
average in total passing yards..... we are discussing passing..... and he was an average passer. average rating. average over all.

I could careless about a QBs rushing ability.....no rushing QB ever won anything significant without having ability to be a good passer.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So let's say he's been average then, like you just said.

So a QB that was average in his first three seasons I was average, with one of the worst OCs if not the worst OC in the league, and you want to...... get rid of him?
aha, knew this was coming....like I said, its the coaches fault. its the OL, its the WRs, its the defense. its the TEs...its never Dak......

like I said, perhaps he was protected as your buddy said....conservative, run first offense because we know we can't rely on our passing game to win....wait for it, wait for it, wait for it...yes, forgot about the giants game...he showed what he is capable of in giants game......

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
aha, knew this was coming....like I said, its the coaches fault. its the OL, its the WRs, its the defense. its the TEs...its never Dak......

like I said, perhaps he was protected as your buddy said....conservative, run first offense because we know we can't rely on our passing game to win....wait for it, wait for it, wait for it...yes, forgot about the giants game...he showed what he is capable of in giants game......

Lmao, you had no idea that question was coming.

But to complete this conversation, yes if your QB was already average in his first three years in the league, anyone wanting to get rid of them has no reason to be discussing football. It's not for them.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Everyone knows how much Jerry loved him some Romo. When Dak put Romo on the bench, even after TR got healthy, that made him a valuable part of the team in Jerry's eyes even if he isn't currently getting the requisite pay. Dak will get a bigger piece of the pie than most posters think he deserves.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lmao, you had no idea that question was coming.
I did. because that's what eventually all Dak Lovers do...bring up somebody else at being at fault...its inevitable. it happens everytime. never fails. and coaching always always always is a go to move by Dak Lovers.

and I bet they are readying for next year....if things go well, it was all linehan, no mention of garrett and they want moore to become HC.... if it doesn't, then its garrett and moore is a rookie OC and should have never been on any coaching staff... guaranteed.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I did. because that's what eventually all Dak Lovers do...bring up somebody else at being at fault...its inevitable. it happens everytime. never fails. and coaching always always always is a go to move by Dak Lovers.

and I bet they are readying for next year....if things go well, it was all linehan, no mention of garrett and they want moore to become HC.... if it doesn't, then its garrett and moore is a rookie OC and should have never been on any coaching staff... guaranteed.
Interesting.
So even if those things end up true, I guess they shouldn't be brought up, huh?

Nav22

Reaction score
average in total passing yards..... we are discussing passing..... and he was an average passer. average rating. average over all.

I could careless about a QBs rushing ability.....no rushing QB ever won anything significant without having ability to be a good passer.....
Please provide a link.

“Average in total passing yards” is not a stat I’m familiar with.

Gator88

Reaction score
He's not going to use anything objective like passer rating because Dak has really shined in the passer rating and QBR stat. Top 10 twice in his first three seasons.
Uh, Dak was 14th in passer rating last year and tied for 17th the year before. Pretty mediocre to be honest.

Nav22

Reaction score
Uh, Dak was 14th in passer rating last year and tied for 17th the year before. Pretty mediocre to be honest.
He was outstanding as a rookie and outstanding after the Amari Cooper trade last year. He’s played 3 NFL seasons and has played outstanding football for much of it.

Also, passer rating doesn’t account for his success as a runner. 18 Rush TD, 6 per season.

Verdict

Reaction score
Ok so prove me wrong:

Do you think Dak is a good QB and are you happy that he is our QB?

Yeah. Like I said I'm higher on him than most. How happy I am with him going forward is obviously going to be tied to his upcoming extension though.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah. Like I said I'm higher on him than most. How happy I am with him going forward is obviously going to be tied to his upcoming extension though.

Nothing you can do about it buddy. He is going to get the going rate. Which will be between 25- 30 million. Personally I think its all stupid money, but thats just the way it is.

BillyBates

Reaction score
yes Dak can certainly add some polish and shine to areas. but in da past season, our lame a** OC, Frederick out, Witt retired. short 2@ 6'-1'' Wide outs...give the kid a break.
I have zero doubt we have our franchise starter for years to come.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Interesting.
So even if those things end up true, I guess they shouldn't be brought up, huh?
one thing, maybe, two things, ok, stretch it...but when its the OL, the defense, the coach, the WR, the TE, the RB (well maybe not), the owner that's blaming everyone and excusing Dak...... because to be honest with you, all of those have been brought up as being at fault for Dak's bad play

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Please provide a link.

“Average in total passing yards” is not a stat I’m familiar with.
aren't you cute with your anal-ness... sticking to the semantics.... really cute

he is AVERAGE as a passer
...end of story

look up his stats on NFL.com...its all there for you to see.....average passing yards three years running. average QBR.....average rating...... Dak lovers spin spin spin spin spin

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
one thing, maybe, two things, ok, stretch it...but when its the OL, the defense, the coach, the WR, the TE, the RB (well maybe not), the owner that's blaming everyone and excusing Dak...... because to be honest with you, all of those have been brought up as being at fault for Dak's bad play
I can dig where you're coming from.

Gator88

Reaction score
Mmm... what was his rating after the Cooper trade?
Don't have the breakdown, but believe it was in the top 10? Still doesn't change the fact that he hasn't been better than average overall as a passer since his rookie year.

He was outstanding as a rookie and outstanding after the Amari Cooper trade last year. He’s played 3 NFL seasons and has played outstanding football for much of it.

Also, passer rating doesn’t account for his success as a runner. 18 Rush TD, 6 per season.

And he has also been atrocious for relatively lengthy periods of time. His ability as a runner does help, but it is much more of a luxury than anything else.

It all adds up to being average as a passer for the last couple of years. Maybe he improves, but the redzone offense was a huge problem last year and I don't think that has been addressed yet.