Dak's advancement

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I didn’t say he should “get all the credit”, nor did anyone ever suggest that he doesn’t need talent around him to succeed. NO QB succeeds without a good supporting cast.

But if you want to pin it all on him, he’s 32-16.

LOL the passing game led by Dak was the ONLY successful unit vs the Rams. Zeke was bottled up and the defense was atrocious. You don’t know jack about football.
he needs really strong players around him to succeed. that's the issue. he can't elevate those around him. so far he has a need for a top 10 OL and a top 5 WR and a top RB to be average.

and here we go again....he is 32-16, no mention of Zeke being 32-16. or Cowboys being 32-16....Dak is a winner, by himself at 32-16.

and against the rams, the final score being 30-22, last drive we were down 30-16.....playing against a prevent defense...he had 56 yards on the last drive...and 43 yards on next to last drive ending in no score.....that's almost a 100 yards out of 266 yards came in two meaningless drives against prevent defenses. so the rest of the game he really didn't do anything with 166 yards. he was 1/9 on 3rd down conversion......let that sink in...1/9 passing on 3rd downs. killing drives.

sorry, you are the one who really doesn't get football. you are just in love with Dak and willing to be blind and closed to any other possibilities that he maybe an average QB.

and what any of the Dak Lovers failed to explain. why calling Dak an average middle of the pack QB is a bad thing? why being a bus driver is a bad thing? why try to spin so hard to make him sound like an elite QB?

if you really watched football, you would know what a elite QB looks like.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There is several QBs that would thrive with the talent Dak has around him. Dak has some good qualities, but the main qualities needed to be a good passer in the NFL is not among them. Files would have took the team to the Super Bowl last year. Matter of fact, there are several QBs that would thrive playing QB in Dallas and those QBs would not struggle to pass for more than 200 yards in a game.
but but but...Dak had a 350+ yards game against the Giants...do you need any more proof that he is a good QB.....its the WRs, the coaches, the RB, the OL, the defense, the owners, the OC, the fans in section 424 row 24, the wind, the sun, the noise, the weather....the moon.....its not Dak....he is perfect. (sarcasm fully intended)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is at his ceiling. He is playing with the same faults and short-comings that he has had since college. He is not an accurate QB and he never will be. He was the 21st rated QB for much of this last season. Dallas has had a history of great QBs. Dak will never be among them. He had great coaches in college, but no coach has improved his accuracy or his poor pocket presence. Dallas has a lot of talent , but it takes tons of talent to win with an inaccurate QB. I have watched the kid since high school. He has never been accurate on his downfield passes and he never will be. I can’t believe the fan base tolerates it.
he has a bit of ways to go to work on basic fundamentals....although he is an average QB and I have argued that....he has the leadership, the heart, and drive...those are the intangibles...his footwork SUCKS. well, let me put it this way for more effect..his footwork SUCKS....in college he had that issue, in the pros it continued and in his 3rd year he shows the same bad footwork.... that's something a good QB coach like Kitna can help, but it will take a while for him to be natural at it and don't abandon it when there is pressure.....it won't be second nature to him for a while, given since highschool, 4 years of college and now 3 years of Pros, he has been doing it wrong.

his throwing motion needs work and he doesn't consistently throw from the same motion or angel and given his poor footwork, a lot of times tries to arm his way throught the throws....all good QBs tell you it starts with the lower body, when your lower body is in a bad position and you have bad footwork, it will effect your throwing motion.

fixing those two can help him with some of his accuracy issues. I see accuracy in two ways...knowing where to throw the ball....and having the ability to put it there. I think fixing his footwork and throwing motion can help the second one, but he needs a lot of work on the first one since often he doesn't know where to put the ball....I have seen way too often him throwing the ball behind WRs forcing them to stop and catch and leaving YAC on the field. that's a lot of work he has to do in practice to get better at that.....

his pocket presence lacks. last year he was sacked 56 times or so....20+ were directly his fault....10 of those he ran out of bounce behind line of scrimmage holding on to the ball and not throwing it away.....you have to be smarter than that....he holds the ball too long and doesn't feel pressure around him, specially from the right. he doesn't have that clock in his head and doesn't naturally sense pressure. not sure how much better he will get....slightly, but not greatly...you either got it or you don't. his down field throws are not accurate and its more misses and makes.....

that's why we struggled a lot in the redzone with TD passes, given its tighter quarters, more bodies, hands and defenders in a smaller area. you need to be very accurate and he doesn't trust his arm. so he is gun shy, and tends to over throw to ensure he doesn't throw Ints.....that also goes with his risk averse nature....another reason he holds the ball too long, and takes sacks instead....

he needs a really strong supporting cast to succeed, but if he has that, then he has the leadership skills, drive and determination....for what ever reason, in the end of games, in close games, he elevates his game....seemingly his sense of urgency goes up..

he will never be a pocket passer....fans want him to run, but he will get injured...its inevitable......Newton is bigger than him, better arm, more accurate and he ran a lot and he got injured. its the NFL, hits add up and all defenders are big and fast.

HungryLion

Reaction score
ah, I see youa re still trying to stick to semantics and one word...carrying, as much as I said, the intent was that he elevated the players around him, but you keep going back to that, given you don't seem to have anything else to hang on to.

did Brady elevate the players around him?

and again I said, over and over again. my intent was to say elevate...not carry. but keep going back there since you got nothing else to hang your Dak hat onto....

keep spinning....spin spin spin spin.

Lol go ahead and keep on gaslighting. You accuse others of spinning, meanwhile you’re spinning the table more than a DJ on a Saturday night.

You were wrong. Full stop. You got called on it, and it was proven to you that Brady, not any other young QB has been able to carry a team. Now you’re just flip flopping to get out of it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak is at his ceiling. He is playing with the same faults and short-comings that he has had since college. He is not an accurate QB and he never will be. He was the 21st rated QB for much of this last season. Dallas has had a history of great QBs. Dak will never be among them. He had great coaches in college, but no coach has improved his accuracy or his poor pocket presence. Dallas has a lot of talent , but it takes tons of talent to win with an inaccurate QB. I have watched the kid since high school. He has never been accurate on his downfield passes and he never will be. I can’t believe the fan base tolerates it.

That’s all well and good if Dak has actually hit his ceiling.

However, given that Dak has improved multiple aspects of his game since coming into the league, and considering its not uncommon for QB’s to continue improving well after 3 years in the league, saying Dak is at his ceiling is just an opinion and one that isn’t really backed up with any facts.

And yes Dak still has weaknesses to his game and aspects he needs to improve. But to say he hasn’t improved on any of those weaknesses since college just isn’t true.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Considering that Dak has the exact same faults that he has had since his freshman year of college, yes. I would have already been making plans to replace him after last season. He has reached his ceiling and he struggled to pass for over 200 yards a game for most of the season. He was the 21st rated QB for most of the year. Fans are overlooking all of the close games that the team had last season. Many of those games would have been blowouts with better QB play. Even with this run oriented offense, an accurate passer is needed. Dak is a great kid with many good qualities, but he lacks the qualities needed to be a decent pro QB. To make matters worse, fans embrace mediocrity from the QB position.

Yikes lol

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

However, given that Dak has improved multiple aspects of his game since coming into the league, and considering its not uncommon for QB’s to continue improving well after 3 years in the league, saying Dak is at his ceiling is just an opinion and one that isn’t really backed up with any facts.

And yes Dak still has weaknesses to his game and aspects he needs to improve. But to say he hasn’t improved on any of those weaknesses since college just isn’t true.

There's about a 10x better chance that Dak has not hit his ceiling than he having hit his ceiling.

"I would have traded him after 2017 season, he struggled to hit 200 yards passing and has hit his ceiling".

Then 2018 happens and he hits 200 yards passing with ease, yet he stated he was at his ceiling lol.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

this is what you call a full spin....those 11 games don't fit the narrative of my view of dak, so I am going to disqualify those games so I can try and prove my point....

and the sad thing is even in those other games...he has been average......unless you give him a top 5 OL, top 5WR, top 2 RB, top TE, a good defense to protect him when he sucks for low scoring wins....give him that and he is a top 10 except for those bad games that he has, and we will discount those.....

Lol your reading comprehension is god awful

morat1959

Reaction score
Considering that Dak has the exact same faults that he has had since his freshman year of college, yes. I would have already been making plans to replace him after last season. He has reached his ceiling and he struggled to pass for over 200 yards a game for most of the season. He was the 21st rated QB for most of the year. Fans are overlooking all of the close games that the team had last season. Many of those games would have been blowouts with better QB play. Even with this run oriented offense, an accurate passer is needed. Dak is a great kid with many good qualities, but he lacks the qualities needed to be a decent pro QB. To make matters worse, fans embrace mediocrity from the QB position.
Well sad and dead on point.

Nav22

Reaction score
There is several QBs that would thrive with the talent Dak has around him. Dak has some good qualities, but the main qualities needed to be a good passer in the NFL is not among them. Files would have took the team to the Super Bowl last year. Matter of fact, there are several QBs that would thrive playing QB in Dallas and those QBs would not struggle to pass for more than 200 yards in a game.
1) Name the “several QBs” who are AVAILABLE who would be a clear upgrade over a guy who’s gone 32-16 with a mediocre supporting cast (not to mention a coaching staff that everyone HATES). I’ll wait.

2) Pass yards are dependent on pass attempts. You are aware of that, right? Yards/attempt would be a much better barometer. Dak was outstanding last year following the Cooper trade and he was the only reason we had a shot to beat the Rams. I know those facts kill your argument, but it is what it is.

3) LOL Foles? He won a Super Bowl with a STACKED Eagles team and has been an utter failure elsewhere. He lost to the Bears in the playoffs last year, so what on Earth makes you think he’d have won a Super Bowl with a horrific defense that allowed 273 Rush yds vs the Rams and a run game that was nonexistent in the same game?

Nav22

Reaction score
he needs really strong players around him to succeed. that's the issue. he can't elevate those around him. so far he has a need for a top 10 OL and a top 5 WR and a top RB to be average.

and here we go again....he is 32-16, no mention of Zeke being 32-16. or Cowboys being 32-16....Dak is a winner, by himself at 32-16.

and against the rams, the final score being 30-22, last drive we were down 30-16.....playing against a prevent defense...he had 56 yards on the last drive...and 43 yards on next to last drive ending in no score.....that's almost a 100 yards out of 266 yards came in two meaningless drives against prevent defenses. so the rest of the game he really didn't do anything with 166 yards. he was 1/9 on 3rd down conversion......let that sink in...1/9 passing on 3rd downs. killing drives.

sorry, you are the one who really doesn't get football. you are just in love with Dak and willing to be blind and closed to any other possibilities that he maybe an average QB.

and what any of the Dak Lovers failed to explain. why calling Dak an average middle of the pack QB is a bad thing? why being a bus driver is a bad thing? why try to spin so hard to make him sound like an elite QB?

if you really watched football, you would know what a elite QB looks like.
You’re just another know-nothing fan. It’s okay.

Any more fake/irrelevant stats you want to add?

Or have you given up on the daunting task of properly presenting relevant data to back up your opinion?

LOL our OL was mediocre trash last year, smart guy. Dak STILL led the team to a division title and a playoff win.

RBs don’t win JACK by themselves, ask Barry Sanders.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lol go ahead and keep on gaslighting. You accuse others of spinning, meanwhile you’re spinning the table more than a DJ on a Saturday night.

You were wrong. Full stop. You got called on it, and it was proven to you that Brady, not any other young QB has been able to carry a team. Now you’re just flip flopping to get out of it.
spin spin spin spin spin...spin spin spin spin spin....spin spin spin spin...

jnday

Reaction score
he has a bit of ways to go to work on basic fundamentals....although he is an average QB and I have argued that....he has the leadership, the heart, and drive...those are the intangibles...his footwork SUCKS. well, let me put it this way for more effect..his footwork SUCKS....in college he had that issue, in the pros it continued and in his 3rd year he shows the same bad footwork.... that's something a good QB coach like Kitna can help, but it will take a while for him to be natural at it and don't abandon it when there is pressure.....it won't be second nature to him for a while, given since highschool, 4 years of college and now 3 years of Pros, he has been doing it wrong.

his throwing motion needs work and he doesn't consistently throw from the same motion or angel and given his poor footwork, a lot of times tries to arm his way throught the throws....all good QBs tell you it starts with the lower body, when your lower body is in a bad position and you have bad footwork, it will effect your throwing motion.

fixing those two can help him with some of his accuracy issues. I see accuracy in two ways...knowing where to throw the ball....and having the ability to put it there. I think fixing his footwork and throwing motion can help the second one, but he needs a lot of work on the first one since often he doesn't know where to put the ball....I have seen way too often him throwing the ball behind WRs forcing them to stop and catch and leaving YAC on the field. that's a lot of work he has to do in practice to get better at that.....

his pocket presence lacks. last year he was sacked 56 times or so....20+ were directly his fault....10 of those he ran out of bounce behind line of scrimmage holding on to the ball and not throwing it away.....you have to be smarter than that....he holds the ball too long and doesn't feel pressure around him, specially from the right. he doesn't have that clock in his head and doesn't naturally sense pressure. not sure how much better he will get....slightly, but not greatly...you either got it or you don't. his down field throws are not accurate and its more misses and makes.....

that's why we struggled a lot in the redzone with TD passes, given its tighter quarters, more bodies, hands and defenders in a smaller area. you need to be very accurate and he doesn't trust his arm. so he is gun shy, and tends to over throw to ensure he doesn't throw Ints.....that also goes with his risk averse nature....another reason he holds the ball too long, and takes sacks instead....

he needs a really strong supporting cast to succeed, but if he has that, then he has the leadership skills, drive and determination....for what ever reason, in the end of games, in close games, he elevates his game....seemingly his sense of urgency goes up..

he will never be a pocket passer....fans want him to run, but he will get injured...its inevitable......Newton is bigger than him, better arm, more accurate and he ran a lot and he got injured. its the NFL, hits add up and all defenders are big and fast.
Dak is basically Tebow-lite. Neither one of them could hit the broad side of a barn if their life depended on it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

improved multiple aspects of his game!!! wow......no, more like the team and talent around him improved and he benefited from it...

jnday

Reaction score

Or have you given up on the daunting task of properly presenting relevant data to back up your opinion?

LOL our OL was mediocre trash last year, smart guy. Dak STILL led the team to a division title and a playoff win.

And Dak don’t win without Zeke.

Nav22

Reaction score
And Dak don’t win without Zeke.
LOL what’s your point? Did Troy win without Emmitt? Did Montana win without Rice?

Oh, and NONE OF THEM won without a defense. The great Drew Brees went 7-9 for 3 straight years. We saw the struggles to win consistently with Tony Romo and a mediocre D.

Dak and Zeke are both on the team and they’ve been very successful together. Give these guys a top-notch defense and see what happens.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

and you are a knowing fan? willing to close your eyes and just follow your man lust for Dak...great...good for you.

data has been presented. its in front of you, but I guess you need it to be rolled up and get hit over the head with it before you wake up

btw, dak in two seasons without zeke is 4-3. yeah....RBs don't mean Jack....except for Dak

you are totally clueless about football...that is painfully obvious... but its ok, to each his own...

Nav22

Reaction score
and you are a knowing fan? willing to close your eyes and just follow your man lust for Dak...great...good for you.

data has been presented. its in front of you, but I guess you need it to be rolled up and get hit over the head with it before you wake up

btw, dak in two seasons without zeke is 4-3. yeah....RBs don't mean Jack....except for Dak

you are totally clueless about football...that is painfully obvious... but its ok, to each his own...
So a “mediocre QB” has a winning record without the guy who’s supposedly been carrying him?

And you think that HELPS your argument? Is this real life?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

jnday

Reaction score
1) Name the “several QBs” who are AVAILABLE who would be a clear upgrade over a guy who’s gone 32-16 with a mediocre supporting cast (not to mention a coaching staff that everyone HATES). I’ll wait.

2) Pass yards are dependent on pass attempts. You are aware of that, right? Yards/attempt would be a much better barometer. Dak was outstanding last year following the Cooper trade and he was the only reason we had a shot to beat the Rams. I know those facts kill your argument, but it is what it is.

3) LOL Foles? He won a Super Bowl with a STACKED Eagles team and has been an utter failure elsewhere. He lost to the Bears in the playoffs last year, so what on Earth makes you think he’d have won a Super Bowl with a horrific defense that allowed 273 Rush yds vs the Rams and a run game that was nonexistent in the same game?
Foles, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick, or any other QB that can throw an accurate pass beyond 10 yards. Dak must have attempted less than 10 passes a game when he couldn’t get to 200 yards. 200 yards is a joke for a pro QB and you know good and well that he attempted more than enough to get over 200 yards. Do you read what you post? You are defending a QB that was ranked 21st in the league for most of the season. It is pathetic to defend garbage QB play like Dak shows on the field. You are a Cowboys fan. Have some standards for God’s sake. The Cowboys have had more than enough talent for Dak to reach the Super Bowl. Foles would have made it if he was in Dallas. The Rams game was one game. One game that the defense allowed that many yards. Don’t act like the defense was a weakness all season. What kind of excuse will you have when Dak doesn’t improve with new coaching? You better start making excuses now, because you are gonna need them.