Dak's advancement

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What IF Jerry and Stephen and McClay are pushing all their chips on Dak...
Not sure about Will McClay or even Stephen Jones but Jerry Jones pushed in all his chips and a case of Johnnie Walker Blue Label from as far back as October 2016. 'What If' does not apply to elder Jones.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott's lack of success. I think it's just the opposite. 13 4th quarter comeback wins could more wins the last three season in Primetime games than any other quarterback took the youngest starting team in the league to the second round of the playoffs. Nope I think the kid is a winner

You're late to the conversation and taking things out of context, but thanks for playing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So a “mediocre QB” has a winning record without the guy who’s supposedly been carrying him?

And you think that HELPS your argument? Is this real life?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
zeke, top 10 OL, Cooper....nah....Dak can do it all by himself....the record is clear.....4-3 without Zeke...... and yes, that includes your precious Giants game you keep mentioning.. but go ahead. close your eyes and keep spinning

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak Prescott can absolutely carry this team. He's proven it more than once when given the opportunity. Only Tom Brady is the exception to your explanation . More than once he's taking the team down to the red zone only to put up three points I put that on play calling more than I do Prescott. Make no mistake about it he's the leader of this team.
I have never denied his leadership, desire or commitment. in fact those are his pluses and the intangibles you want in a QB...I question is football skills and see them as average. and again as I have said it a million times there is nothing wrong with being average and bus driver. teams have won with those type of QBs in the past. but Dak Lovers insist he is elite.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Totally ridiculous post. He needs strong Supporting Cast what quarterback doesn't LMAO. 13 4th quarter comeback wins. The last three seasons more than any other quarterback. When he has the ball in his hands last expect to win the game. From the first nap until the last snap everything else in between is called football. You must be an Aaron Rodgers fan LMAO Mister Hail Mary media Loverboy.
Dak needs that strong supporting case to elevate his play, he can't elevate those around him. when those other QBs that I rate ahead of him have had the type of players Dak has, they have produced elite numbers, not average numbers. its what you do with the resources you are given and how you make everyone around you better. The QBs you name are HOF QBs, because when given those type of players around them, they produce at HOF levels. yes, including Rodgers, but that's why Dak is no Rodgers, yet Dak lovers insiste and point to meaningless stats and wins and attribute all of those to Dak, yet no one, no one in the media, around NFL, except for Dak lovers thinks he is an elite QB.....

Nav22

Reaction score
zeke, top 10 OL, Cooper....nah....Dak can do it all by himself....the record is clear.....4-3 without Zeke...... and yes, that includes your precious Giants game you keep mentioning.. but go ahead. close your eyes and keep spinning
Top 10 OL??? Our OL was mediocre garbage last year.

Yeah, give everyone credit EXCEPT the QB. Totally makes sense in the NFL. QBs aren’t important.
:lmao2:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Saying something like that kills any credibility you may have had. Dak is far far far far far better than Tebow ever was in the NFL.
at least now we are comparing his skills to the right QBs, not Brady or Rodgers or Brees.....yes, I agree, Dak is better than Tebow

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m not done with you, you football genius!

Career Pass TD%:

Dak 4.5
Fitzpatrick 4.4
Foles 4.3
Tannehill 4.2

Career INT%:

Dak 1.7
Foles 2.1
Tannehill 2.6
Fitzpatrick 3.5

Career passer rating:

Dak 96.0
Foles 88.5
Tannehill 87.0
Fitzpatrick 81.1

Those 3 guys are CLEAR UPGRADES though, right???

You can backtrack or you can keep embarrassing yourself.
ok, have any of those QBs had the type of resources Dak has had? a Cooper? a Zeke? a top 10 OL? how would Dak fare on those teams....well we know how he fared, when zeke was out, OL wasn't top 10 and he went 3-3 and struggled to get the team to 10 points in half of those games...come on dude.

well, I can think of Foles...and he was able to lead a team to the superbowl and win it...given that his defense wasn't playing well, led an offensive attack....I bring that up since you kept complaining about Dallas defense not playing well against the rams and that it wasn't Dak's fault....here is an example of a QB, that when his defense wasn't playing well, he elevated his team and players around him and scored a ton in an offensive shootout!!!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak didnt have Zeke, a top 10 line, or Cooper for 6 of those 7 games.... LMAO

@Nav22 this can't be real hahaha

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak needs that strong supporting case to elevate his play, he can't elevate those around him. when those other QBs that I rate ahead of him have had the type of players Dak has, they have produced elite numbers, not average numbers. its what you do with the resources you are given and how you make everyone around you better. The QBs you name are HOF QBs, because when given those type of players around them, they produce at HOF levels. yes, including Rodgers, but that's why Dak is no Rodgers, yet Dak lovers insiste and point to meaningless stats and wins and attribute all of those to Dak, yet no one, no one in the media, around NFL, except for Dak lovers thinks he is an elite QB.....
He was a top 10 QB last year after the Cooper trade, like it or not. “Elite” is a matter of semantics.

When you have a young, top 10 QB who has 3 winning seasons in 3 years, you pay him and count your blessings.

You’re not bright enough to realize that, but it’s okay. Luckily for us, you don’t work for the team.

Here’s what Troy Aikman thinks of Dak:

“I think the world of him and wouldn’t hesitate one minute in having him continue to be the face of the franchise.”

Troy’s an idiot and you know better though, right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When you run the ball as much as the Cowboys. All your quarterback is going to get his 200 250 yards. How many teams last season went over 400 yards in Lost. Prescott has a killer play action.
Rams had a top 10 rushing offense and a top 10 passing offense.

Carolina had a top 10 rushing offense and was 16th in passing

Patriots had top 10 rushing offense, top 10 passing offense

Saints had top 10 rushing offense, 12th passing offense

Dallas top 10 rushing offense, 23rd passing offense.

those teams, employ play action in their games regularly......

Nav22

Reaction score
ok, have any of those QBs had the type of resources Dak has had? a Cooper? a Zeke? a top 10 OL? how would Dak fare on those teams....well we know how he fared, when zeke was out, OL wasn't top 10 and he went 3-3 and struggled to get the team to 10 points in half of those games...come on dude.

well, I can think of Foles...and he was able to lead a team to the superbowl and win it...given that his defense wasn't playing well, led an offensive attack....I bring that up since you kept complaining about Dallas defense not playing well against the rams and that it wasn't Dak's fault....here is an example of a QB, that when his defense wasn't playing well, he elevated his team and players around him and scored a ton in an offensive shootout!!!
LOL Dak has outperformed them all and the numbers prove it. Now who’s making excuses?

Dak’s OL wasn’t top 10 last year and he didn’t have Cooper for the first, um, 39 games of his career. Keep embarrassing yourself.

Nav22

Reaction score
Rams had a top 10 rushing offense and a top 10 passing offense.

Carolina had a top 10 rushing offense and was 16th in passing

Patriots had top 10 rushing offense, top 10 passing offense

Saints had top 10 rushing offense, 12th passing offense

Dallas top 10 rushing offense, 23rd passing offense.

those teams, employ play action in their games regularly......
So you’re still using “total team pass yards” as the barometer? Are you a special-needs fan?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
“A field day”, oh you mean like a 96 career QB rating and a 32-16 record?
:laugh:
Our coaching staff has an approval rating of like 5% and Dak still wins 2/3 of his games. HE SUX THO DURRRR
the 96 QB rating is middle of the pack...which is average.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOL Dak has outperformed them all and the numbers prove it. Now who’s making excuses?

Dak’s OL wasn’t top 10 last year and he didn’t have Cooper for the first, um, 39 games of his career. Keep embarrassing yourself.
according to PFF, we did have a top 10 OL.....you Dak Lovers have used PFF in the past.....
and do any other player on the team get credit for the 32-16? or is all Dak by his lonesome
and you proved my point that I have been trying to make, so appreciate it...give Dak a top 10 of everything and he can lead a team to victory. we gave him a top 5 WR and he improved. we gave him a top 10 OL and he performed well. we gave him a top RB and he lead the team to victory....good for Dak....nothing wrong with that.

what is your insistence on trying so vehemently proving Dak is elite? you have never answered and avoided it really hard to answer what's wrong with Dak being an average QB? why is that so wrong for you? why does it bother you so much. you are taking it so personally.

I think you need to look in the mirror with your eyes wide open to see who is embarrassing themselves.

Nav22

Reaction score
according to PFF, we did have a top 10 OL.....you Dak Lovers have used PFF in the past.....
and do any other player on the team get credit for the 32-16? or is all Dak by his lonesome
and you proved my point that I have been trying to make, so appreciate it...give Dak a top 10 of everything and he can lead a team to victory. we gave him a top 5 WR and he improved. we gave him a top 10 OL and he performed well. we gave him a top RB and he lead the team to victory....good for Dak....nothing wrong with that.

what is your insistence on trying so vehemently proving Dak is elite? you have never answered and avoided it really hard to answer what's wrong with Dak being an average QB? why is that so wrong for you? why does it bother you so much. you are taking it so personally.

I think you need to look in the mirror with your eyes wide open to see who is embarrassing themselves.
Try 14th, not top 10.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ine-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17

You’re both remedial AND a chronic liar. What an awful combination.

LOL was Cooper a top-5 WR in Oakland? No? But Dak gets zero credit for Cooper’s resurgence, right? LOLLLLL

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have never denied his leadership, desire or commitment. in fact those are his pluses and the intangibles you want in a QB...I question is football skills and see them as average. and again as I have said it a million times there is nothing wrong with being average and bus driver. teams have won with those type of QBs in the past. but Dak Lovers insist he is elite.
I have never called Prescott Elite. But he's definitely better than average if you believe in statistics I find what's wrong with Prescott to be different than most. For me it's his intermediate pass over the linebacker before the corner. When he learns patience gets a little bit more of a touch on the ball he will be as good as anybody