Dak's next contract?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The Denver game, the Seahawks game and the Eagles game Dak looked like trash despite the fact that both Elliot and Tyron played. I'm sick of all the excuses! By the way, Wentz looked just fine without an elite RB and Elite LT...
How was the Parade.....did you get a picture with Wentz?

starcity214

Reaction score
He had an incredible first 24 games, so in reality it is 1.5 great seasons and .5 crappy ones and that .5 was with atrocious OL play.

You gotta be freakin kidding me!!

Do those "Incredible first 24 games" include the Giants game in 2016 where he looked like trash and people said it was only because of the cold?

Do those first 24 games include the game against the Vikings in 2016 where he looked like crap and people where calling for him to benched in 2016?!

Do those Incredible first 24 games include the Denver game where he looked like trash and people blamed the altitude?!

Talk about living in coo coo land..

We are talking about a guy who has never passed for more than 330 yards fin his career and who has never thrown for more than 4 TDs ever..

I would hardly call that player "incredible"... Especially given the fact that he was thrust into the best situation ever for a rookie QB..

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Do those "Incredible first 24 games" include the Giants game in 2016 where he looked like trash and people said it was only because of the cold?

Do those first 24 games include the game against the Vikings in 2016 where he looked like crap and people where calling for him to benched in 2016?!

Do those Incredible first 24 games include the Denver game where he looked like trash and people blamed the altitude?!

We are talking about a guy who has never passed for more than 330 yards fin his career and who has never thrown for more than 4 TDs ever..

I would hardly call that player "incredible"... Especially given the fact that he was thrust into the best situation ever for a rookie QB..
Go back from Wentz you came

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Let's keep coaching and coaching and coaching him till hell freezes over nothing will change as Dak simply does not have what it takes to lead a team in the NFL! While we;re coaching and coaching and coaching Dak the team will be getting older and falling apart as our WR are now worthless and so is are offline cause they failed to give Dak 10 Seconds to throw the ball...whose next ...ZEKE? Ya they will blame everyone but Noodle Dak no matter how much he STINKS up the house !!!

Amazing simply amazing....Coo Coo Land is correct !!!!!

HungryLion

Reaction score

Never over 330 yards and never over 4td’s in a game. While on a run first team. While in his first two years of playing.

What kind of barometer is that?

Also listing the two bad games he had in his rookie season, as if two bad games against excellent defenses is something for any NFL QB to be ashamed of. Lol. Nah. No good QB’s have bad games.

And the broncos game....... yes. Dak played very bad that game. So did the O line. So did Zeke. So did Dez, so did Sean Lee. The entire team played bad that game except for Jourdan Lewis.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Right out the door hopefully.

It depends on his play honestly................if he is a probowl QB the next two seasons, I don't have a problem with paying him.

However, if what we saw the last half of season is the new Dak and teams have figured him out, then we will need to look elsewhere for a QB.

I don't have any personal feelings involved, I am strictly looking at his production on the field in determining if to give him a second contract or not.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
These contracts amaze me. I understand Garoppolo looked great at the end of the season, but, the reality is he hasn't done anything significant in the NFL. When does the inflation stop? What will it look like in 25 years? 5 year 500 million dollar contracts? It's crazy to me.
He's 7-0 as a starter and he was the best qb in the NFL in his 5 game finish tot he end of the season. As a free agent he had all the leverage.

Also after 2 years cutting him gets the 49ers 11.2MM back in cap space.

starcity214

Reaction score
Let's keep coaching and coaching and coaching him till hell freezes over nothing will change as Dak simply does not have what it takes to lead a team in the NFL! While we;re coaching and coaching and coaching Dak the team will be getting older and falling apart as our WR are now worthless and so is are offline cause they failed to give Dak 10 Seconds to throw the ball...whose next ...ZEKE? Ya they will blame everyone but Noodle Dak no matter how much he STINKS up the house !!!

Amazing simply amazing....Coo Coo Land is correct !!!!!
Never over 330 yards and never over 4td’s in a game. While on a run first team. While in his first two years of playing.

What kind of barometer is that?

Also listing the two bad games he had in his rookie season, as if two bad games against excellent defenses is something for any NFL QB to be ashamed of. Lol. Nah. No good QB’s have bad games.

And the broncos game....... yes. Dak played very bad that game. So did the O line. So did Zeke. So did Dez, so did Sean Lee. The entire team played bad that game except for Jourdan Lewis.

You missed my point bro.

The original poster said that Dak only looked bad in the last 5 games Dak played in and that Dak had "an incredible first 24 games in the NFL" Wich is just not true.

I remember even in 2016 Dak had a bad strectch and people were beginning to say he should be benched.

The narrative would have you believe that Dak has played awesome his first 24 games in the lague but it's just not true.

Even in 2016 his warts were pretty ovious.....

What's worse is that Dak didn't improve one bit from his rookie season..

Also, I remember hearing people say that the Zeke suspension would help Dak show he could be a "stats" QB but we all know how that turned out..
If Dak looks this bad on a run first team, I would hate to see him on a team that is pass happy..

Look, I'm not sweating it.. you slobberers will look like that Floaty poster defending Moore after next season..

Book it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Garoppolo just signed the largest contract in the history of the NFL. How exactly does that happen? I get that he has potential but damn.

What sort of contract will Dak sign if he has a pretty good year this year, say comparable to his rookie year?

Correct me if i am wrong but Dak signed a 4 year deal as a 4th round pick, right? He would be a restricted free agent in year 5?

Jimmy G’s contract was a result of several factors. SF gave up a #2 pick for him and he played terrific going 5-0. He was due to be a FA and if SF franchised him and he picked up in 2018 where he left off last season it would have taken an even bigger contract than he just signed to lock him up. Cousins is likely to end up with an even bigger contract in free agency so even a solid 2018 season would have made Jimmy G the highest paid QB in the league. SF didn’t want to mess around like Washington did with Cousins. They wanted Jimmy G to know they’re all in with him.

Alex Smith just broke the bank and with QB contracts going through the roof, Jimmy G’s deal could end up looking like a bargain in a couple of years. If Dak bounces back with a solid year, he’ll be looking at a huge contract based on his youth and potential. Romo signed his first big deal after only 10 starts. You have to have a solid QB to win games. As soon as SF inserted Jimmy G they looked like a different team. They didn’t add anyone else but him and went 5-0.

Verdict

Reaction score
Jimmy G’s contract was a result of several factors. SF gave up a #2 pick for him and he played terrific going 5-0. He was due to be a FA and if SF franchised him and he picked up in 2018 where he left off last season it would have taken an even bigger contract than he just signed to lock him up. Cousins is likely to end up with an even bigger contract in free agency so even a solid 2018 season would have made Jimmy G the highest paid QB in the league. SF didn’t want to mess around like Washington did with Cousins. They wanted Jimmy G to know they’re all in with him.

Alex Smith just broke the bank and with QB contracts going through the roof, Jimmy G’s deal could end up looking like a bargain in a couple of years. If Dak bounces back with a solid year, he’ll be looking at a huge contract based on his youth and potential. Romo signed his first big deal after only 10 starts. You have to have a solid QB to win games. As soon as SF inserted Jimmy G they looked like a different team. They didn’t add anyone else but him and went 5-0.

I agree with signing him, but the richest in NFL history? Evidently they think he is the real deal, but to justify that sort of contract he has to be Brady/Brees/Rodgers good or that contract will cripple that team for years.

Verdict

Reaction score
It depends on his play honestly................if he is a probowl QB the next two seasons, I don't have a problem with paying him.

However, if what we saw the last half of season is the new Dak and teams have figured him out, then we will need to look elsewhere for a QB.

I don't have any personal feelings involved, I am strictly looking at his production on the field in determining if to give him a second contract or not.

That's the way a player should be evaluated. We all want Dak to be the man, and hope he is. But if he's not then unemotionally move on.

If you take emotion out of it Dez and Witten should go for sure. Do you think the team will unemotionally evaluate Dak?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree with signing him, but the richest in NFL history? Evidently they think he is the real deal, but to justify that sort of contract he has to be Brady/Brees/Rodgers good or that contract will cripple that team for years.

I know it’s crazy but look at the deals QBs are getting. Look at the Alex Smith contract and he’s been a bus driver and is in his mid 30s. Look at the deals Stafford and Carr got. Jimmy G looked like the real deal in the 5 games he played. If they didn’t lock him up to a contract he was going to cost them a fortune to franchise.

If he goes on to have a huge 2018 season after being franchised it would have cost SF even more than what they just signed him for because Cousins who’s been solid but not spectacular is likely to sign an even bigger deal when FA starts. Rodgers will also be up for a new deal and with Jimmy G being only 26 you have to stay up with the market.

Verdict

Reaction score
I know it’s crazy but look at the deals QBs are getting. Look at the Alex Smith contract and he’s been a bus driver and is in his mid 30s. Look at the deals Stafford and Carr got. Jimmy G looked like the real deal in the 5 games he played. If they didn’t lock him up to a contract he was going to cost them a fortune to franchise.

If he goes on to have a huge 2018 season after being franchised it would have cost SF even more than what they just signed him for because Cousins who’s been solid but not spectacular is likely to sign an even bigger deal when FA starts. Rodgers will also be up for a new deal and with Jimmy G being only 26 you have to stay up with the market.

I think there is a point to where your QB costs so much relative to the cap that you can't field a good enough team to favorably compete. Brady always signed reasonable deals which is part of why he has several rings.

Payton Manning on the other hand usually bent the team he was playing for over and as a result he had a lesser team around him.

I fully get what you are saying. But it is counterintuitive to pay an unproven player that much. Maybe it will turn out to be a great decision. Who knows. But their margin for error is razor thin.

At some points the have nots may eventually pick up a couple of three of four option types for peanuts and we may see things go the other way. Time will tell.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He's 7-0 as a starter and he was the best qb in the NFL in his 5 game finish tot he end of the season. As a free agent he had all the leverage.

Also after 2 years cutting him gets the 49ers 11.2MM back in cap space.
But they would have paid him 61m for those 2 seasons

Not really a big issue......they have 113m in cap space

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That's the way a player should be evaluated. We all want Dak to be the man, and hope he is. But if he's not then unemotionally move on.

If you take emotion out of it Dez and Witten should go for sure. Do you think the team will unemotionally evaluate Dak?

Unfortunately no, Jerry and his idiot son seem to have tunnel vision proving that their decisions are the best, even when confronted with conflicting evidence. Its the reason Garrett is still here, we got 8 years of evidence that show he cant get the job done but Jerry and Steven will not move on because that would be admitting they made a mistake.

I fear they will follow the same process with Dak, even if the evidence shows he is not starting caliber (and I am not saying he is, the jury is still out) but Jerry and Steven will not want to admit that they got rid of Romo for a non-franchise QB.

I guess that is my biggest beef with Jerry and Steven. Look, I have made many mistakes in my life and sometimes they were big mistakes and admitting I was wrong was sometimes embarrassing. But I was big enough to admit it and I didn't just keep going down the same path because I wanted to prove to everybody I was the smartest guy in the room.

That is the problem with Jerry and Steven, they want to prove to everybody they are the smartest guys in the room and double down on a mistake instead of admitting they were wrong and changing course, be it hiring a legit GM or hiring a legit HC or evaluating players unemotionally.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think there is a point to where your QB costs so much relative to the cap that you can't field a good enough team to favorably compete. Brady always signed reasonable deals which is part of why he has several rings.

Payton Manning on the other hand usually bent the team he was playing for over and as a result he had a lesser team around him.

I fully get what you are saying. But it is counterintuitive to pay an unproven player that much. Maybe it will turn out to be a great decision. Who knows. But their margin for error is razor thin.

At some points the have nots may eventually pick up a couple of three of four option types for peanuts and we may see things go the other way. Time will tell.

It’s a lot different now you have to pay young QBs. Brady has made a ton of money over the years so he’s in a position to help his team out. You have to have a solid QB to win. Jimmy G is unproven but SF was faced with a dilemma. They desperately need a QB which is why they traded for him and he played exceptionally well going 5-0. They felt they had to pay him.