Dak's next contract?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't know if he would have to play worse but if he doesn't at least improve then i believe they will come to the decision that he won't get any better. After 3 years in the NFL you are what you are, that doesn't mean they won't stick with him thru his 4 year on his deal (it's cheap for a starting QB) but i think they would be pursuing his replacement behind the scenes
I’m not sure they recognize his poor play this year? All I’ve heard is praise and excuses.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I’m not sure they recognize his poor play this year? All I’ve heard is praise and excuses.
I wouldn't expect them to critisize him publicly, but i would at least hope they have had discussions behind the scenes with him about where he has to improve

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect them to critisize him publicly, but i would at least hope they have had discussions behind the scenes with him about where he has to improve
Yep .. they’ll continue to attempt to prop him up.

But I think they’ve seen enough. Dak popularity and marketability are too much for Jerry to opt out of. He’s the #1 selling jersey. Our fan base fell in love with him last year and Jerry kicked Romo to the curb early for him. Nawww... the decision has already been made.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep .. they’ll continue to attempt to prop him up.

But I think they’ve seen enough. Dak popularity and marketability are too much for Jerry to opt out of. He’s the #1 selling jersey. Our fan base fell in love with him last year and Jerry kicked Romo to the curb early for him. Nawww... the decision has already been made.
Can't say i disagree with you on that

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So keep grading him on the games without his LT and RB...... real smart
I’m grading him overall. In the 10 games with Elliott we were 6-4. We only beat 1 playoff team with Elliott( Chiefs). Dak still struggled against the better defenses.

To me he looks more like a great backup QB than a top 10 QB. If he turns out to be only average we’re going to need to build a better team around him than we had with Romo. You think Jerry and Jason can do that?

JustChip

Reaction score
So keep grading him on the games without his LT and RB...... real smart

Well, it's fully understandable that he, or any QB for that matter, would not perform as well under those circumstances. However, I would expect that he should handle it better as he gets more experience. If the same happens this year, the results shouldn't be the same. And he should handle it better in year 4 than this coming year. If not, then he's staying stagnant and not progressing and I can't see how a 2nd contract is in order.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I’m grading him overall. In the 10 games with Elliott we were 6-4. We only beat 1 playoff team with Elliott( Chiefs). Dak still struggled against the better defenses.

To me he looks more like a great backup QB than a top 10 QB. If he turns out to be only average we’re going to need to build a better team around him than we had with Romo. You think Jerry and Jason can do that?
And when we beat KC they were in the middle of a stretch where they lost 6 of 7. We didn't exactly catch them when they were playing their best football

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Dak will get a second contract for sure. Whether it’s with us or another team is yet to be determined. He will get a massive contract or get paid to be a backup somewhere. That all depends how he plays the next two years.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
How was the Parade?

And the O wasn't built around Sproles
No it wasn't and Zeke is a better back than Sproles, but you miss the point he was still their starting back and Peters is as good as Tyron, and buddy i've been a Cowboys fan for 45 years so save the crap for somebody else

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No it wasn't and Zeke is a better back than Sproles, but you miss the point he was still their starting back and Peters is as good as Tyron, and buddy i've been a Cowboys fan for 45 years so save the crap for somebody else
he wasn't their starter and that was your point

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Uh, no... 85 isn't even an average rating in 2017. Time to stop living in 2002.
He had maybe 3 or 4 "very good" games this year, depending on how hard you grade. The rest fell between average to horrifically bad.
So says the curmudgeon...... it must be true