Dak's next contract?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No it wasn't and Zeke is a better back than Sproles, but you miss the point he was still their starting back and Peters is as good as Tyron, and buddy i've been a Cowboys fan for 45 years so save the crap for somebody else
and Foles had 3 terrible games too

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Huh? You brought up Foles not me
Try to keep up

I said Dak struggled when he lost his LT and RB
You said Wentz didn't struggle when he lost his LT and backup RB
I said Foles struggled as QB1
You said "ahhhhh he was a backup..... he can't be expected to be as good as the starter"
That is the exact opposite of the point you made with Dak and LT and RB
And if you are comparing Dak to the potential league MVP in Wentz I agree that Wentz had a better year
But Dak had a better year in 2016

So if you want to wear out your Philly kneepads to insult Dak do it on a Philly board

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Try to keep up

I said Dak struggled when he lost his LT and RB
You said Wentz didn't struggle when he lost his LT and backup RB
I said Foles struggled as QB1
You said "ahhhhh he was a backup..... he can't be expected to be as good as the starter"
That is the exact opposite of the point you made with Dak and LT and RB
And if you are comparing Dak to the potential league MVP in Wentz I agree that Wentz had a better year
But Dak had a better year in 2016

So if you want to wear out your Philly kneepads to insult Dak do it on a Philly board

LMAO, do you wear Dak pajamas when you go to bed at night? By the way tell me anything i said that wasn't true except that i was wrong about Sproles being the starter. Your a very confused person when it comes to football

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
LMAO, do you wear Dak pajamas when you go to bed at night? By the way tell me anything i said that wasn't true except that i was wrong about Sproles being the starter. Your a very confused person when it comes to football
it is real simple

Dak had a much better 2016 than Wentz
Wentz had a much better 2017 than Dak

but Dak only fell apart when he lost the key to our Offense for 6 games and tried to do too much

Any Cowboy fan rooting against Dak is the worst kind of fan

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
it is real simple

Dak had a much better 2016 than Wentz
Wentz had a much better 2017 than Dak

but Dak only fell apart when he lost the key to our Offense for 6 games and tried to do too much

In other words Dak is a QB unable to carry a team when called upon, that's not what you call a franchise QB. That's not a knock on Dak it's just who he is

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
In other words Dak is a QB unable to carry a team when called upon, that's not what you call a franchise QB. That's not a knock on Dak it's just who he is
So Dak is like every other QB since Aikman? I agree with that. The QBs have been unable to carry the team. And, honestly, Troy really didn’t carry the team either.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't have any issue with what you said, It's a team game, but some QB's don't fall apart when they lose certain pieces of the team
Yeah I was hoping we finally had some big game playmakers in Dak and Zeke but I am not sure any more. Some old, same old. Regular season contenders

blindzebra

Reaction score
In two more years we will know exactly what we have in Dak. Right now he's got one great season and one crappy season under his belt.
Until then I ain't worried about what kind of contract he gets.
He had an incredible first 24 games, so in reality it is 1.5 great seasons and .5 crappy ones and that .5 was with atrocious OL play.

zerofill

Reaction score

I'm not rooting against him... He seems like a good kid, and a good face of a team.

But, I definitely don't want to keep him for 8 seasons, hoping he becomes great. Just so the rest of the team is on a super decline again.
I give him this next season... if he still sucks, and we keep him, then we know for sure that it isn't about winning in Dallas anymore.

The receivers aren't the issue with Dak though, in my opinion. Definitely wasn't the Zeke suspension either. You take away the short game, eat a few runs, and it is over for Dak.

If he goes to Tom House in the off season, or something... maybe they can help. If he doesn't... we are screwed.

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe.

Did you forget that he was very raw and needed some coaching coming in?

dfense

Reaction score
Garoppolo just signed the largest contract in the history of the NFL. How exactly does that happen? I get that he has potential but damn.

What sort of contract will Dak sign if he has a pretty good year this year, say comparable to his rookie year?

Correct me if i am wrong but Dak signed a 4 year deal as a 4th round pick, right? He would be a restricted free agent in year 5?
Didn't the Niners jump the gun on Kapernick to?

dfense

Reaction score
As a fourth round draft pick, Dak will be an unrestricted free agent to start the 2020 season, there is no 5th year option. So Dak is under contract for this season and one more, then he can walk.
Right out the door hopefully.