Dak's not leaving, this isn't an overhaul

Zman5

Reaction score
No, I wasn't.
The Cowboys were stacked and Dak never had to pass under pressure. The team carried him.
I'd love to see Dak play for a team that didn't have the talent Dallas has. He'd be drummed out of the NFL.
If Dak had started with any other team he'd be out of the NFL by now.

You said "Just like 2016 ". 2016 season was nothing like this season. The competition level in 2016 was much harder than this season. In 2016, we beat the two teams, in their house, that went to the NFC/AFC championship games. The division was stronger also in 2016.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I get the enthusiasm, but this merry go round has been happening for 26 years. Dak is an enigma with many fans, myself included many times. At times, he dominates, but other times his passes are just poor, multiple times he will not see an open guy when in trouble, he holds onto the ball too long - late with his throws. But you are right, we are STUCK with him so no sense in beating a battered horse.

As for the Cowboys and it being just a bad break, I don't know. Seems like there always is a bad break, or refs giving game away, the team and its fans making excuses for them. Truth is, for the past 26 years, it is a culture this team has grown to accept. Where they get up to beat up a few teams and think that is all they got to do. Many years, this team has felt like it was working in a country club, with no fight in them. Many many times a team who has no business beating us in a game we need to win, they do that they come in here and just manhandle this cowboys team as if they play at a high school level.

I know yesterdays game "seemed" close, but it wasn't. with the exception of having a few decent drives in the 4th quarter when the 49ers had 3 keys defensive players out with injury that occurred earlier in the game, we were beaten and manhandled the entire way. The lack of discipline (another culture aspect that has been going on way too long), and ho hum attitude and slowness this team displayed throughout first 3 quarters is inexcusable . See this way too many years.

Like Dak, with Jerry as GM we will not see a different coach in here either, but what this team needs is a coach like Bill Parcells who knows how to manage a game and will make these players accountable for any and every effort they display on the field. No more puppet coaches, needs full control.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Lol, better around him..
See if we can trade for the all pro team to help him out
Maybe get an online that can block for a couple moments.

Maybe get coaches that can develop a game plan that complimentary.

Run the ball.

Manage the clock.

Don't commit a league high in penalties.

It's not players that need to get better.

leeblair

Reaction score
You said "Just like 2016 ". 2016 season was nothing like this season. The competition level in 2016 was much harder than this season. In 2016, we beat the two teams, in their house, that went to the NFC/AFC championship games. The division was stronger also in 2016.
Yes, 2016, like this season, was a mirage. Ezekiel Elliott was tearing up the league behind a great offensive line and defenses were so worried about him that Dak was afforded all day to pass the ball. But in the playoffs Dak showed his tendency to choke and get erratic, and the Packers took a big lead.
Just like this season and every previous season, Dak chokes against teams when they put pressure on him and shuts down. Then he puts up big numbers against defenses that are playing loose, but in a losing effort because he's already cost the Cowboys the game.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
You're delusional if you think the current players can get better. They are what they are. We don't need a full overhaul, and I agree we're stuck with Dak for at least a few years. We could cut DLaw, Coop, Jarwin, Collins post 6/1 and free up 53M in cap this year (though it would create 23 in dead cap the next year) and start to populate the team with smarter, hungrier players.
Honestly I would do this and take the dead cap hit with Zeke, run Pollard for the year and draft o-line first 2 rounds this and next year and rb/de/lb high. You will know if CeeDee is worth the money and can pay some FA on Defense.

They wont do jack so I pray to retain Quinn and draft oline or DT in rd 1.

Zman5

Reaction score
Yes, 2016, like this season, was a mirage. Ezekiel Elliott was tearing up the league behind a great offensive line and defenses were so worried about him that Dak was afforded all day to pass the ball. But in the playoffs Dak showed his tendency to choke and get erratic, and the Packers took a big lead.
Just like this season and every previous season, Dak chokes against teams when they put pressure on him and shuts down. Then he puts up big numbers against defenses that are playing loose, but in a losing effort because he's already cost the Cowboys the game.

Dak went toe to toe with ARod in 2016 and brought the team back in the playoffs and was the reason we were even in the game. The defense just had to stop ARod for 35 seconds from getting a FG and they couldn't.
Dak sucked yesterday and the defense actually kept the game close enough for us to win till the end. It's total opposite of what happened between 2016 and this season. Get a clue.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Honestly I would do this and take the dead cap hit with Zeke, run Pollard for the year and draft o-line first 2 rounds this and next year and rb/de/lb high. You will know if CeeDee is worth the money and can pay some FA on Defense.

They wont do jack so I pray to retain Quinn and draft oline or DT in rd 1.
Right. Perennial losers. And it's sad because Jerry is the one GM who could do things like this because he can't be fired.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Wow. I get this forum can be hyperbolic but my goodness.

Dak isn't leaving. Complaining about it is just dumb. The contract is signed. BUILD A BRIDGE, GET OVER IT.

He was playing at an MVP level. Tied for fourth in the league with 37 touchdown passes to only ten ints with a 104 rating!!! He is what you want in a QB. We have to do better around him.

With that said, this isn't an overhaul, it's a tune-up. And that is going to happen because like all GOOD TEAMS we are going to lose our coordinators and hopefully bring in the right staff to take the leap.

I don't want Dan Quinn to go. KM I'm wavering on but more on Nussmier and Philben.

We went 12-5 and had a tough draw in the first round. Played like crap and had dumb mistakes. We lost. IT HAPPENS. GET BETTER.
Fix the OL, and get coaches who aren't afraid to keep trash like Connor Williams benched. Including a head coach that watches it all season, and does little to nothing to correct it.

mugsybows

Reaction score
I’m a Dak supporter but recognize his play was unsteady at times this season. Why? I don’t know. I do know the Oline was a big disappointment. Also, when defenses really played tough man defense our receivers often had trouble getting any separation. Dak had his issues as well. He seemed too hesitant and unsure at times. He played too cautiously and I don’t think you can do that in today’s game. Was his calf injury part if the problem? Maybe but I think it was more mental. He was trying to avoid mistakes and be too perfect. It didn’t work. He can play great as we’ve all seen. He needs to stop thinking too much and just play.
Yeah it almost felt like he had the yips. Definitely felt like he was in his own head a lot

jnday

Reaction score

Dak isn't leaving. Complaining about it is just dumb. The contract is signed. BUILD A BRIDGE, GET OVER IT.

He was playing at an MVP level. Tied for fourth in the league with 37 touchdown passes to only ten ints with a 104 rating!!! He is what you want in a QB. We have to do better around him.

With that said, this isn't an overhaul, it's a tune-up. And that is going to happen because like all GOOD TEAMS we are going to lose our coordinators and hopefully bring in the right staff to take the leap.

I don't want Dan Quinn to go. KM I'm wavering on but more on Nussmier and Philben.

We went 12-5 and had a tough draw in the first round. Played like crap and had dumb mistakes. We lost. IT HAPPENS. GET BETTER.
Dak isn’t leaving and the Cowboys will not make it to a Super Bowl. All of those stats that impressed you so much cake against really bad teams or was accumulated during garbage time of games. There is a reason why Dak was never considered a top tier QB by former/current players and coaches/GMs around the league. Most fans that post here let their emotions and fandom blind them to reality. The reality is what you saw against the 49ers. Teams that puts the pressure on Dak to beat them will win. The Cowboys offense has been exposed this season and from now until Dak leaves, teams have the recipe to beat Dallas. Stop the run and make Dak beat them. He can’t, so the Cowboys lose.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Amnesia? Dak played extremely well in the 2016 playoff game against the Packers. Check his stats and check the score and see your error. The defense gave up that game.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well you’re talking about the best of all time. Sort of like shooting fish in a barrel there. And, Brady always had a great Oline in New England and has another one in Tampa. Put him behind a bad Oline and he’d look a bit different. Still very good because he’s the GOAT, but not the same.
Would love to see how bad our line would look with Brady standing behind it. I bet you'd be surprised.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Would love to see how bad our line would look with Brady standing behind it. I bet you'd be surprised.
Bad is bad and they were very bad at times this season. I’m pretty sure changing the QB would not lessen the false start and holding penalties. Nor would it keep them from losing one on one battles. But you go believing what you want to believe.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Did it taste like strawberry or raspberry when Jerry poured it?

cmoney23

Reaction score
Dak isn’t leaving and the Cowboys will not make it to a Super Bowl. .
Didn't win one for 20+ years before he got here too. Didn't make the playoffs for years before Romo got here. These are clown comments.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It's year 6.

Dak does not have the ability to get any better. He is what he is at this point.

Use these next 3 years to rebuild and have a solid foundation in place for a real QB as soon as Daks contract is up.

but ... but ... Jerry lavished $220 million on Dak!
Dak must be good!
th

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bad is bad and they were very bad at times this season. I’m pretty sure changing the QB would not lessen the false start and holding penalties. Nor would it keep them from losing one on one battles. But you go believing what you want to believe.
Thanks, I'll do that.