Dak's performance vs Lions (2022)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He didn't say that. He said Dak would have done better than Rush against the Eagles. Considering Rush threw 3 INTS and had a rating of 37.3. I agree with the poster.

It's most likely true, but stats can be a little misleading. Dak, like Rush in a game or two, could have had a couple of interceptions in this one, but the Lions couldn't handle them. Eagles defense is better than the Lions, so it might have been a bad game for a rusty Dak to return. He picked it up some in this one in the second half, so maybe he could have done the same, but it would have been a challenge. And if he had failed, just imagine the field day that all the naysayers would have had.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
It depends who is throwing out the 9-3 record and which agenda it needs to be applied to.
No I think it's straightforward. If he plays in a game regardless 9f what team he is on, what's his performance? Every qb gets the same treatment. Rodgers against the Bears? Brady against the Steelers?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Lions put up 35 vs the Eagles and almost won.... but only loss to the Eagles by 3.

Dak led the offense to 24 points coming off of injury and inactivity for over a month. Yeah I like Dak's chances vs the Eagles. Oh yeah, Dak is 9-3 vs the Eagles too....

The Lions have one of the NFL's worst defenses, correct????

Well explain why the Eagles (6-0) only beat them by 3

The Vikings (5-1) only beat them by 4

The Seahawks (4-3) only beat them by 3

But the Cowboys led by Dak, beat them by 18????

Didn't the Eagles, Vikings and Seahawks get the memo that the Lions have one of the worst defenses???

I'm starting to think you're trolling with some of your posts.

Points scored against the Lions (turnovers committed by the Lions in parentheses):

Eagles - 38 (1)
Red-skins - 27 (0)
Vikings - 28 (1)
Seahawks - 48 (2)
Patriots - 29 (2)

Average: 34 (1.2)

Cowboys - 24 (5)

They scored 3 less than any other team this year, and 10 less than the average given up by Detroit. This while benefiting from 3 more turnovers than they had given up to any other team, and only 1 less than they had given up in the 5 previous games of the season.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Take off the Dak blinders. So Cooper Rush did not throw into a crowd. Seem he did it on a higher % than Dak. Both lucky not to have been picked. Oh, wait, Cooper was 3 times in the Eagles game.
Not about Rush vs Dak
It's about us not having a quarterback capable of winning a playoff game

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, make it to the playoffs again and we will see. Having a better defense sure will help...oh, but wait...it won't be we won because of the QB, it will be the defense.
But when we lose...oh it is the QB's fault.
You're just getting silly now
Carry on

GINeric

Reaction score
Not about Rush vs Dak
It's about us not having a quarterback capable of winning a playoff game

Dak already won a playoff so you can tuck that lie back in your pocket son.

Its not about Dak vs Rush....

Its about a bunch of low IQ losers in the world who root against their own quarterback on the team that they cheer for.

Its about those same low IQ losers in the world wearing Cowboys jerseys then slamming their remote controls down with anger after the Cowboys WIN THE GAME.

Im just waiting for one of you to make it make sense.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak was okay.. The rust was evident in the first half.. He looked a lot sharper in the second half.. It was about what I expected.. Good game.. something to build on.. Timing was clearly off early and footwork and pocket awareness were substandard here and there. All part of the process. I do like that he stopped himself from getting greedy after a few throws deep. It was like either he told himself the "knock that crap off" or one of the coaches did. Once he stopped trying to force things deep the offense flowed a lot better.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Well, make it to the playoffs again and we will see. Having a better defense sure will help...oh, but wait...it won't be we won because of the QB, it will be the defense.
But when we lose...oh it is the QB's fault.

Rush wins 4 in a row and people start talking riding the hot hand even when Dak comes back and many Dak fans start with the "Rush hasn't played any good teams", "Rush can't make the throws", "Rush isn't putting up the stats", "Rush is only winning because of the defense and running game".......but we didn't win because of Rush, it was the defense....but when Rush lost, it was all on him.

Two sides of the same coin.

rags

Reaction score
If the defense plays like it did yesterday, does Dak need to be perfect?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm starting to think you're trolling with some of your posts.

Points scored against the Lions (turnovers committed by the Lions in parentheses):

Eagles - 38 (1)
Red-skins - 27 (0)
Vikings - 28 (1)
Seahawks - 48 (2)
Patriots - 29 (2)

Average: 34 (1.2)

Cowboys - 24 (5)

They scored 3 less than any other team this year, and 10 less than the average given up by Detroit. This while benefiting from 3 more turnovers than they had given up to any other team, and only 1 less than they had given up in the 5 previous games of the season.

True but you left out that were it not for Noah Brown's fumble at the 4 yard line the Cowboys likely would have scored at least one more TD. And Dak had zero to do with that particular failure..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
:clap:It's called patience

Yeah I would have thought he had learned his lesson but it took him about a quarter and a half to get there yesterday. The drive that Brown fumbled on was a clinic in matriculatin' the ball down the field. 70 yards in 7 plays before the fumble. They were in position to seize control of the game right there. Should have gone into the half up 10-6. The fumble made them wait another quarter or so to get there.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
To be fair about Dak's stature, he was rusty in the 1st half but improved markedly in the 2nd half. Let's just hope he'll improve in the weeks ahead. His future lies in the balance to prove himself more than a good leader. I'll be hoping to see him bounce back from his recent troubles. He seemingly has something left to prove, nowadays. I'm neither a big Dak fan, nor a critic -- just hoping to see the best side of him come to the surface.

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak plays his best games against the NFC East.

I am excited that they have to play against him next time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rush wins 4 in a row and people start talking riding the hot hand even when Dak comes back and many Dak fans start with the "Rush hasn't played any good teams", "Rush can't make the throws", "Rush isn't putting up the stats", "Rush is only winning because of the defense and running game".......but we didn't win because of Rush, it was the defense....but when Rush lost, it was all on him.

Two sides of the same coin.

Well none of that came from me.
I can care less about the stats. I did point out day was 18-24, before that TD pass. As to show he was not having a horrible game like some said he was.

Rush threw for 102 yards and we won, Dak threw for 207 yards and we won. The rushing stats for both games were 160 and 140, defense played great.
We won, cool.

Rush played 3 good teams, well, actually 4. Bengals, Giants, Rams, Eagles. Washington is 3-4 and jut beat GB. So are they better than we thought, or is GB worse or have a bad game.
Rush played well in the 2nd half of the Eagles game, and had us within 3 points. That was when the defense stalled and allowed the Eagles to go and get a TD.

I would love nothing more than for Dak, or Cooper take us down the field, and they actually run for TD's as they did yesterday. That is supposed to happen. Cooper did it also, as Zeke got a few other TD's the way. Too many people get caught up in passing yards and TD's.
Troy Aikman threw a lot of picks, and not as many TD's as he could had. Because how many times did Irvin get tackled inside the 5, for Emmitt to get a TD. I am sure today, many would be nagging on Troy's stats. His average per game was around 200 yards...oh and so was Joe Montana's. Jerry Rice had a lot of TD's, their RB not as much.

Fantasy football has ruined a lot of thinking about stats, as well as that next gen stats crap.

Jerry may have turned into Al Davis but Al was right...just win baby!....