Dak's performance vs Lions (2022)

NeathBlue

Reaction score
I’m more than happy with how things went yesterday … Dak definitely looked better in the 2nd half than he did in the 1st, I expect to see him better still against Chicago and then we have a well timed bye week.
Detroit has been a team that always seem to play us hard and have won quite a few that we were heavily favoured in, so it was good that we put them away.
Defensively we were again outstanding and holding them to only 6 points was awesome.
Great all round team effort.

foofighters

Reaction score
The Lions put up 35 vs the Eagles and almost won.... but only loss to the Eagles by 3.

Dak led the offense to 24 points coming off of injury and inactivity for over a month. Yeah I like Dak's chances vs the Eagles. Oh yeah, Dak is 9-3 vs the Eagles too....

The Lions have one of the NFL's worst defenses, correct????

Well explain why the Eagles (6-0) only beat them by 3

The Vikings (5-1) only beat them by 4

The Seahawks (4-3) only beat them by 3

But the Cowboys led by Dak, beat them by 18????

Didn't the Eagles, Vikings and Seahawks get the memo that the Lions have one of the worst defenses???
While I am going to tend to agree with you, the one thing to be careful with is we were also fortunate with getting turnovers. If we can continue getting the ball back like that, we are going to be a very dangerous team. I loved seeing our D taking the ball away but is this the norm? Time will tell but the outlook is favorable for a nice run into the Winter. If we are that team: Getting turnovers and can run the ball at a fairly good clip, we are going to be a very dangerous team in January/Feb.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So who did your real team play yesterday, because you're real soft and sensitive in the middle. Your team must have loss and Dak kept you from coming over here and trolling huh....

Thanks for the "just like Dak" compliment. Yes... i try to be the best leader I can be.

You're just like a "Karen". All weak, upset and emotional and just want to be heard, even though you're not saying anything worth a damn.....

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

When you reference kids you are a punk, nothing more.

GINeric

Reaction score
Apologies, confused you with GINeric: "If you have kids...."

I said IF YOU HAVE KIDS..... they must be confused watching you wear your Cowboys jersey but witness you screaming at the tv yelling for the Lions defense to sack Dak or make a stop and get angry when Dak converts another 1st down.

Would that not be confusing to your kids???

Silly

Reaction score
I'd say Dak was lucky the Lion's Dbs couldn't catch and their offense was putrid. Come out that slow against a good team and you will have a tough game. But a win is a win! I am not sure that Dak did anything in that game, that Rush could not have done.

GINeric

Reaction score
When you reference kids you are a punk, nothing more.

Awwww.... im a punk now. So how did this punk reference kids though....

Explain that one. And please... please stop with the name calling lil dude. You know thats not really you and you're not built like that when you're not behind that keyboard.

So cut the act and just keep it football Karen.

Cmac

Reaction score
Funny how hen Rush was putting up these type of stats you and others credited the defense but because of your Dak man love you want to herald the win as Dak's. Pathetic.
I thought we won the game.......I guess the course will be to discredit Dak every turn, every game, but we credited Cooper Rush because the expectations were low and rightfully so. We commended Cooper. To his credit, I'd like to believe Cooper Rush knows he is at a lower level, and at a minimum.......he secured himself in the Chase Daniels Backup QB Program.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Pretty sure everybody who supports Dak was happy the team was winning, despite Rush not being a starting caliber QB. I don't recall anyone, actually, insulting Rush's family, or his brains, or his person. Yet the same is never true for Dak haters (who comprise the bulk of this board).

Yeah, for all of the accusations some threw at Cowboys fans who still believe in or support Dak, during the teams 4 game win streak with Cooper Rush. It seems like it was all projection and there are many who resents or dislikes the Dak too much to enjoy or be content with the win yesterday. These are the very same fans who accused others of having bitter feelings because the team found ways to win while Dak was out. And are doing what they accused other Cowboys fans of doing while Cooper Rush was playing.

And suddenly the "All that matters are wins." narrative in which some has been pushing goes out of the window. While there were still many who were happy about the Cowboys winning with Cooper Rush, even while acknowledging how the team needed to improve on certain areas. Yet now with Dak being back, they seem to be too caught up in their dislike for Dak to even be content with the win, even while the rest of us can be happy with the win, while acknowledging there are areas the team still needs to improve upon.

GINeric

Reaction score
I thought we won the game.......I guess the course will be to discredit Dak every turn, every game, but we credited Cooper Rush because the expectations were low and rightfully so. We commended Cooper. To his credit, I'd like to believe Cooper Rush knows he is at a lower level, and at a minimum.......he secured himself in the Chase Daniels Backup QB Program.

He's upset Dak contributed to the team win like everybody else.

The male Karen don't mean any harm.... Dak made him angry yesterday, but he'll be ok the next time Dallas loses.

Xeven

Reaction score
Cowboys chances of beating the Eagles last week would have been much higher than with Rush. Good thing for the Eagles Dak didn't play.

What team are you a fan of? :huh:
Yep, just not having Coopers three INTs that game would have made the difference? Not to detract from Cooper’s talent though. Even Dak has thrown 3 ints on a bad day. I think Cooper could do well as a starter on a team needing a solid QB. Glad to have him on our bench though. They should find ways to bring him in so he stays sharp. Give him one possession per game or something early in first quarter.

Dak could use that time to study film and make adjustments.

Brax

Reaction score
LoL man, no one cares about your "go follow another team" replies anymore. ;)
He does follow a different team he follows the Dakota Cowboys not the team with bad OL, bad WRs, washed up Zeke, average TE and terrible OC and the refs in a conspiracy with Goodell to always cheat the the Cowboys as he keeps posting, he’s just a troll having fun.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep, just not having Coopers three INTs that game would have made the difference? Not to detract from Cooper’s talent though. Even Dak has thrown 3 ints on a bad day. I think Cooper could do well as a starter on a team needing a solid QB. Glad to have him on our Bench though. They should find ways to bring him in so he stays sharp. Give him one possession per game or something early in first quarter.
Agreed. Or bring Cooper Rush in during 2nd Halfs when we have more than a 2 score lead. Just to play a series or two to keep him fresh just in case he is needed once again.

GINeric

Reaction score
Interesting seeing as how Rush brought Dallas back to a 20-17 deficit after the bad 1st half and if not for a pathetic defensive penalty in the 1st quarter which gave Philly a TD instead of a FG and a long 4th quarter TD drive Dallas would have had the lead and potentially won.

PS

Week 1 Dak had a 47 qb rating so I guess that was near historically awful too.

Catch up.... this is week 7. What was Dak QBR yesterday?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He does follow a different team he follows the Dakota Cowboys not the team with bad OL, bad WRs, washed up Zeke, average TE and terrible OC and the refs in a conspiracy with Goodell to always cheat the the Cowboys as he keeps posting, he’s just a troll having fun.
The old coot finally showed up.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Close. I actually would have been satisfied with Cooper if he lead us to 24 points. Simply because he's the "noname" backup who just doesn't have to deliver more.

Now, I absolutely understand that Dak just needs a little time. Even said / wrote so in many threads now. But I just have to laugh when some here just think he's the second coming of Christ and played a spectacular game yesterday. Ridicilous. He did what was expected from him. Getting back on track. Funny how people put the last wins upon the defense, but this time it was Dak who played good. He didn't. And neither did he suck. Just ok for his first game.
Most everybody is saying Dak had a solid game. I haven't seen anybody saying Dak was playing elite yesterday

As far as posting stats and defending Dak it's too prove the ones wrong saying he is garbage and Rush is better

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Interesting seeing as how Rush brought Dallas back to a 20-17 deficit after the bad 1st half and if not for a pathetic defensive penalty in the 1st quarter which gave Philly a TD instead of a FG and a long 4th quarter TD drive Dallas would have had the lead and potentially won.

PS

Week 1 Dak had a 47 qb rating so I guess that was near historically awful too.
Oh Rush brought them back and not the run game and defense..... See the double standard yet

GINeric

Reaction score
Did you watch Dak against the 49ers or Bucs? Stay tuned the bears defense is better than the lions, you know the lions who dropped 2 gifts from Dak yesterday.

we don't have a QB on the roster who can win a playoff game.

First of all, Dak already won a playoff game.... so thats dead....

Secondly.... if the Lions were so bad, how did they almost beat the 6-0 Eagles, the 5-1 Vikings and the 4-3 Seahawks??? While your thinking of a spin for that, check this out.....

Dak owns Washington and does great against the Giants..... Cooper Rush led us to wins over The Commanders AND the Giants..... Aaron Rodgers loss to both the Giants and Commanders this year.

One more for ya.... who do you think has the tougher defense, the Lions or the Panthers????

I would say the Lions.... but guess what???? The sorry *** rebuilding with an interim head coach and McCaffrey-less Panthers team held Brady to just 3 points yesterday.....

Care to explain all of this to us without moving any goal posts???