Dak's Stats Last Season vs. Romo's 2012 Season (Both Contract Years)

BoysForLife

Reaction score
They bring up Romo because they are very insecure about their love of Dak. They pretend they are cool with the way Dak plays, but when they post stuff about Romo to try and justify the stink that Dak displays, they must take it out on someone else, in this case, Romo who has been gone for years. There is no other reason to even mention Romo.

Another reason they bring Romo up is because they wish Dak could be half the QB that Romo was. You want to know that what I posted is real, wait for the responses to this post and the posters that respond and you will find the clues to their thinking about inserting Romo into their love fest over the Dak.

You can spot them a mile away.
The fact that a thread like this was even started, literally a decade after the last meaningful snap Romo took, is proof positive that your post is spot on

It's an unhealthy fixation that the Stans have on #9

ArtClink

Reaction score
Things clicked big time for Romo around 2013. I think he even said so himself.

I can't find the source, but I'm going to repeat this story anyway. Around that time, he told Jason Garrett that "3rd down is my down", and just started calling his own plays there. Totally ignored the clapping carrot.

Anyway, Romo was a legit MVP, Super Bowl caliber quarterback by the end of his career. He was playing like the best Cowboys quarterback since Aikman, and maybe even better. He just physically could not stay on the field.

Dak hasn't been bad, but he has never shown the same level of high-end ability as Romo. If you paired Dak's early career, LB-esque athleticism with his current mental mastery of the game, then you might have something special. But he really only perfected his technique and command of the offense at the time that injuries started physically sapping him.

Peak Romo was straight-up smarter than his own offensive staff, and also still had all of his Favre-ian improvisational ability. He was going places. I'd compare him to Joe Burrow today - very similar styles and ability. Dak started off like a Donovan McNabb - sort of a thick, strong, inaccurate gamer - and aged or developed into a Kirk Cousins type maxed-out technician.
Romo never go us past the div round and neither has Dak. Any discussion about who’s better is folly. They both could have taken us to the NFC championship game if everyone named Jones wasnt involved.

gtb1943

Reaction score
A 1st place vote but an overwhelming majority 2nd place votes. Still ended up with more votes than Romo ever did.
and all it does is make fodder for Dak Bots.
funny how rocky always claims this is brought up only by Dak haters

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
and all it does is make fodder for Dak Bots.
funny how rocky always claims this is brought up only by Dak haters
So there is Bots, Stans. What else? I know there are a few other Dak fan name calls y'all like to make. Let's here them all.

starfan1

Reaction score
:laugh: :laugh: This fan base is a riot ! They are 2 sides of the same coin failed by the same idiot GM

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Romo never go us past the div round and neither has Dak. Any discussion about who’s better is folly. They both could have taken us to the NFC championship game if everyone named Jones wasnt involved.
It's a team sport. Romo at his best was better than Dak's ever been, but individuals don't win or lose games.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It didn't help that Romo was also saddled with 6 years of Garrett ball. 6 and a half if you want to count 2010.

ArtClink

Reaction score
It didn't help that Romo was also saddled with 6 years of Garrett ball. 6 and a half if you want to count 2010.
And Dak was handed a QB coach with zero NFL coaching experience (Kellen “The Hammer” Moore).

plymkr

Reaction score
Here is a comparison of Dak vs Romo in a contract year. The stats are for the season prior to the contract year. Romo was treated like Jerry's son while Dak has been treated like an unproven rookie. Double standard, plain and simple and Dak's numbers and wins are better than Romo's.

In 2013, Romo signed a a six-year, $108 million contract extension with $55 million in guarantees and a $25 million signing bonus. This contract extension saw Romo make just $1.2 million less than HOF, 2-time Super Bowl Champ Peyton Manning.

Meanwhile in 2023, Dak outplayed Romo in most of the important stats except total yards as shown below. Romo was never questioned or ever in a "prove it" season like Dak is facing this season as Romo was Jerry's adopted son and treated as such. In 2023 Dak played one more game than Romo's 2012 season but only had 9 interceptions to Romo's 19. Ouch!!

2023 Dak's led the Cowboys to an 12-5 season and was 2nd in NFC MVP Voting
CMP ATT Yards Comp% AVG TD INT Long Sack RTG QBR Carries Yds Avg TD Long
410 590 4,516 69.5 7.7 36 9 92 39 105.9 72.7 55 242 4.4 2 22

2012 Romo led the Cowboys to an 8-8 season
CMP ATT Yards Comp% AVG TD INT Long Sack RTG QBR Carries Yds Avg TD Long
425 648 4,903 65.6 7.6 28 19 85 36 90.5 64.6 30 49 1.6 1 15

Romo continues to be revered like he won a divisional playoff game or something, while Dak is reviled by the Fuhrer and half of the fan base. Go figure?
In 2012 Romo did not have any pro bowlers on the offensive line much less an all pro in Martin. In 2012 Romo did not have an opportunistic defense that either lead the league or at the top of the league with getting TOs. In 2012 Romo had Jason Garrett as coach. Not a fan of McCarthy but he’s a coach and Garrett was a robot clapping machine.

If the defense of Dak’s 2-5 playoff record is “it’s a team and you can’t put it all on Dak” then the same “it’s a team sport” logic has to apply to Romo.

I mean just in the offensive line in 2022 Dak had 3 HOFers playing. Albeit one was past his prime, Peters, but Martin and Tyron were solid. Romo never had a CB lead the league in interceptions in back to back season like Diggs and Bland.

No, we have to be consistent. If Dak gets a pass on his playoff performances by the logic of it’s a team game then Romo gets the same. Dak has had better coaching, WRs, RBs, and defense.

plymkr

Reaction score
dak bots suffer from Romo Derangement Syndrome
I feel like this whole League is suffering from QB Derangement Syndrome. When a QB wins a game or championship he gets the glory. When a QB loses it’s because the supporting cast didn’t do their jobs or missed assignments. It’s starting to take the fun out of the game as a fan because it polarizes the QB from the team. And it’s not just the Cowboys but all teams. JMO

I don’t want to root for Dak Prescott as his own entity. I want to root for the Dallas Cowboys and along with rooting for the Dallas Cowboys I want Dak to ball out. If Dak gets injured then I root for Rush. I don’t root for Rush so he plays well and takes Dak’s job. I want the W.

I’m starting to get really frustrated with the NFL right now and how the QBs are being treated as far as salary, responsibility and constant discussions about QBs that don’t include the environmental factors such as the other 50+ players on the team.

That was fairly therapeutic to write out.

shabazz

Reaction score
I feel like this whole League is suffering from QB Derangement Syndrome. When a QB wins a game or championship he gets the glory. When a QB loses it’s because the supporting cast didn’t do their jobs or missed assignments. It’s starting to take the fun out of the game as a fan because it polarizes the QB from the team. And it’s not just the Cowboys but all teams. JMO

I don’t want to root for Dak Prescott as his own entity. I want to root for the Dallas Cowboys and along with rooting for the Dallas Cowboys I want Dak to ball out. If Dak gets injured then I root for Rush. I don’t root for Rush so he plays well and takes Dak’s job. I want the W.

I’m starting to get really frustrated with the NFL right now and how the QBs are being treated as far as salary, responsibility and constant discussions about QBs that don’t include the environmental factors such as the other 50+ players on the team.

That was fairly therapeutic to write out.
Well said