Video: Dak's uncle discusses family, frustration with media

Status
Not open for further replies.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What would you do if someone came after your family?

On social media? Nothing. I'll give you an example/analogy.

My son and I have internet platforms where we post our music on, my band plays the blues, his band is more folk punk rock. We both get dogged at times when others don't like our music, and I read his and he reads mine. Some can get really nasty at times, like bad, but not all the time, cause our music rocks! lol.

However, I would never get on his platform to try and stick up for his crappy performance, and he does not get on mine either, neither does his mom, my wife. It is just senseless to my son and I because you cannot make sense out of nonsense. Then we learn from it...how to be better musicians. When someone barks at you and you bark back...all is lost.

In a fight my son and I would defend each other...but not get all riled up because someone told my son his music sucks. (by the way, some of our music does suck).

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What would you do if someone came after your family?
Define "coming after my family"? I do not see this as that at all. He is in the public eye and a sports celebrity. Do you see LeBron James family coming out when he gets criticized? Or any other athletes?

Cole Beasley's wife got involved when he was catching some heat and that did not help him at all, made him look bad. He caught more heat in Buffalo but she was silent this time and he probably asked her not to come to his aid.

Do you think all of these other athletes catching heat don't have brothers or uncles that would like to speak up for them? But they don't for good reason.

Prescott has let his brother do this for awhile now and now his uncle feels the need to chime in? Just my opinion but this is wrong and I do not think he's doing anything to curb it. That stupid comment about the refs has set this question of character in motion and he had preceded that with questioning the officiating.

There is no defense for this from him or his family. They should all just shut up and let this lose momentum. He's the QB of the damned Dallas Cowboys, don't be stupid. Because if Don Meredith were around today he'd tell Dak just how quickly they can turn on him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He should send Dez over there to slap em around . Lol
th

lmao...leave Dez out of this!

Zman5

Reaction score
On social media? Nothing. I'll give you an example/analogy.

My son and I have internet platforms where we post our music on, my band plays the blues, his band is more folk punk rock. We both get dogged at times when others don't like our music, and I read his and he reads mine. Some can get really nasty at times, like bad, but not all the time, cause our music rocks! lol.

However, I would never get on his platform to try and stick up for his crappy performance, and he does not get on mine either, neither does his mom, my wife. It is just senseless to my son and I because you cannot make sense out of nonsense. Then we learn from it...how to be better musicians. When someone barks at you and you bark back...all is lost.

In a fight my son and I would defend each other...but not get all riled up because someone told my son his music sucks. (by the way, some of our music does suck).

I guess it's the scale that matters. If it's a few times that happen, yeh I would not bother either. But when you see hundreds of "Your brother/nephew sucks" tweets/comments, I can see why Dak's family does it.

To be clear though, I don't agree with the way Dak's brother goes about it, but I understand why he is doing it. If I see that many comments, some very rude, about my son, I will probably blow my top too even if I believe my son sucks.

Zman5

Reaction score
Define "coming after my family"? I do not see this as that at all. He is in the public eye and a sports celebrity. Do you see LeBron James family coming out when he gets criticized? Or any other athletes?

Cole Beasley's wife got involved when he was catching some heat and that did not help him at all, made him look bad. He caught more heat in Buffalo but she was silent this time and he probably asked her not to come to his aid.

Do you think all of these other athletes catching heat don't have brothers or uncles that would like to speak up for them? But they don't for good reason.

Prescott has let his brother do this for awhile now and now his uncle feels the need to chime in? Just my opinion but this is wrong and I do not think he's doing anything to curb it. That stupid comment about the refs has set this question of character in motion and he had preceded that with questioning the officiating.

There is no defense for this from him or his family. They should all just shut up and let this lose momentum. He's the QB of the damned Dallas Cowboys, don't be stupid. Because if Don Meredith were around today he'd tell Dak just how quickly they can turn on him.

I guess you haven't seen what Mahomes family does on social media. Did you already forget about Beasley's wife? LOL.

basel90

Reaction score
the more i see his family on social media the more it show how the hesitation and cracking under pressure. great elite QBs don't have such issues . The only reason thi sis being disussed is because of his play on the field as the top 3 paid player in the NFL and the most underachiever at that.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
lol i don't care if you agree with me or not, but i don't understand your point of view. You can say you wouldn't care about the criticism if you had his money, but fact is you'll never know. even if you won the lottery tonight and had the same money as Dak, not enough people would know who you are to care to criticize you, and thats not an insult, its to call out how unlikely you'll ever be to empathize with Dak or his family...the discussion here is that Dak needs to accept all criticism no matter where it comes from because he is a rich cowboys qb, and his family needs to shut up and not come to his defense because he is a rich cowboys qb. I don't agree with that. which again, is why i said we can agree to disagree
Nah you definitely care if I agree with you or not. If you didn't you wouldn't basically just say agree with me or else in different words. Ole if you don't make 40 million you can't answer the question head dude. Again if you just want someone to agree with you just say that and stop this bs we won't know the answer bs. I don't care about insults I'm not some sensitive clown but the point remains I know how I act now money doesn't really change you just makes you a bigger verison of what you already are. The discussion isn't Dak needs to accept all criticism that's the Dak apologist strawman pov. What a random on twitter says shouldn't bother you esp when you're that far removed from that person esp if they're trolling.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What? Do you have issues understanding what speculation means? Go look it up and then come back if you can grasp the concept of what speculating is.
The ole Internet I'm smarter than you retort lol. This guy has learned a new word and is about to run it clean the expletive in the ground. Stop it buddy. Nobody is using that term for the junk argument you put forth. Again just stop it.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Nah you definitely care if I agree with you or not. If you didn't you wouldn't basically just say agree with me or else in different words. Ole if you don't make 40 million you can't answer the question head dude. Again if you just want someone to agree with you just say that and stop this bs we won't know the answer bs. I don't care about insults I'm not some sensitive clown but the point remains I know how I act now money doesn't really change you just makes you a bigger verison of what you already are. The discussion isn't Dak needs to accept all criticism that's the Dak apologist strawman pov. What a random on twitter says shouldn't bother you esp when you're that far removed from that person esp if they're trolling.

if thats what you think "agree to disagree" means then it explains why you're not comprehending what i'm saying, but it's all good tho. I know to keep moving past your comments in the future because they likely won't make sense. enjoy the rest of your day

Philmonroe

Reaction score
if thats what you think "agree to disagree" means then it explains why you're not comprehending what i'm saying, but it's all good tho. I know to keep moving past your comments in the future because they likely won't make sense. enjoy the rest of your day
Another Internet poster trying to use one little phrase to excuse their wrong takes lol. This isn't an insult but right now you're not making yourself look good with all this strawmaning. Nothing in my post mentioning nothing about agree to disagree but again you're trying to strawman something to fit your narrative. I guess that's what you have to do when my facts about your post in this topic can't be refuted. If you can't make sense of the obvious that is more a reflection of you sorry.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
It's the equivalent of my teacher wife getting phone calls from parents complaining that it's wrong that their dumb kids keep failing maths exams.

Zman5

Reaction score
The ole Internet I'm smarter than you retort lol. This guy has learned a new word and is about to run it clean the expletive in the ground. Stop it buddy. Nobody is using that term for the junk argument you put forth. Again just stop it.

You are asking for proof on something I speculated that might happen if Dak's family didn't defend him. That's like asking for proof when someone speculates Payton might be the HC for us next year.

When someone speculates, it means it didn't happen yet. Do you know how ridiculous it is asking for proof of something that hasn't happen yet?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You are asking for proof on something I speculated might happen if Dak's family didn't defend him. That's like asking for proof when someone speculates Payton might be the HC for us next year.

When someone speculates, it means it didn't happen yet. Do you know how ridiculous it is asking for proof of something that hasn't happen yet?
Today's word of the day for zman SPECULATE Lol. Like the other poster said stop the madness and cowardly hiding behind your word of the day. If it was going to happen it would've happened by now. Your Internet logic doesn't work in real life just to let you know. People are going to look at you as not so smart trying to use that logic offline because nobody is going to be that technical in an informal setting similar to this offline. Again stop trying to hide behind your word of the day and take your L

Zman5

Reaction score
Today's word of the day for zman SPECULATE Lol. Like the other poster said stop the madness and cowardly hiding behind your word of the day. If it was going to happen it would've happened by now. Your Internet logic doesn't work in real life just to let you know. People are going to look at you as not so smart trying to use that logic offline because nobody is going to be that technical in an informal setting similar to this offline. Again stop trying to hide behind your word of the day and take your L

Word of the day? LOL. Maybe you should go learn what that word of the day mean. It's obvious you don't have full grasp of it since you keep asking for proof of something that hasn't happen yet.
Again stop making a fool of yourself.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Your nephew wants to be paid as a top 5 QB....better be prepared to play like it.

If you don't, your hurting your team, which is hurting the fans that cheer and pay their hard earned money for your team.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Another Internet poster trying to use one little phrase to excuse their wrong takes lol. This isn't an insult but right now you're not making yourself look good with all this strawmaning. Nothing in my post mentioning nothing about agree to disagree but again you're trying to strawman something to fit your narrative. I guess that's what you have to do when my facts about your post in this topic can't be refuted. If you can't make sense of the obvious that is more a reflection of you sorry.

again, you're not making sense. i said agree to disagree...you say i said to "agree with me or else in different words", i call out how thats not what agree to disagree means, then you now say "well i didnt mention agree to disagree"...I never said thats you said!

but seriously its cool, I see you for who you are and its a "don't bother responding to me cuz you now on the ignore list head dude" lol

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Word of the day? LOL. Maybe you should go learn what that word of the day mean. It's obvious you don't have full grasp of it since you keep asking for proof of something that hasn't happen yet.
Again stop making a fool of yourself.
I have a full grasp of the word but you want me not to so you can be right. You Dak lovers stop at nothing to not admit fault. With your new buddy that dapped your post proving he easily gets rabbit ears and needs to look for online allies maybe y'all can have a Dm convo about how y'all should just take y'all's L on this topic. Stop hiding behind words idh

Status
Not open for further replies.