Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I totally agree with you. You have a chance to make 100 million dollars over your career by working on your craft and you decide to hang out with low life losers at a club. Someone please explain to me how Joseph thinks because I don’t understand. My old self would cut my momma loose if she was bringing me down. Joseph needs to be hanging with Diggs, Brown and Lewis.
Ehh maybe not Diggs. There were rumors about his involvement in something last spring.

HungryLion

Reaction score
There is not enough evidence to condemn him at this point IMO. It certainly doesn't look good but if he fully cooperates with the police and he wasn't an accessory then it's not cut and dry. A lot of the story should come out at that point as well.

I have loved all the virtue signaling and outrage though.

I honestly don’t know what Joseph is or is not guilty of. I suspect we will find out.

I do think it’s very fair to question his judgment and decision making though. Given his history and now it this.

Hard to trust the guy at this point.

LittleD

Reaction score
Jerry will keep him. The reality is KJ is so small on Jerrah’s list of worries, he will probably let Stephen handle it. I think Joseph is trash but the reality is he was not charged with anything and appears he might be just a witness. If the police arrest someone for the murder in the next few weeks. This will probably go away.

If Jerry doesn't cut him, Goodell will and fine Jerry some draft picks for good measure. KJ will never play another game in the NFL. If KJ doesn't flip on his buddies and name names, he will be doing the bendarap in Huntsville for Big John.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What’s not to know?

He was in a car where shots were fired from and kill a man. He apparently wasn’t the shooter. But he was present in that car which immediately calls into question his judgment and the company he keeps.

Well, according to his lawyer he wasn’t the shooter.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
He was in vehicle? He’s gonna be charged with something. Cut him. Another wasted 2nd round pick. Might as well trade up early in first and give up 2nd if gonna make dumb picks. I’d trade the entire draft for 3 good players. One ol. One lb/de and one wr

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This thread has been very enlightening and tear-jerking. Some of you have been through A LOT. Just goes to show you, you don't know WHAT people are going through or have gone through in their lives. So, there's always room for patience and compassion.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't cut him, Goodell will and fine Jerry some draft picks for good measure. KJ will never play another game in the NFL. If KJ doesn't flip on his buddies and name names, he will be doing the bendarap in Huntsville for Big John.
I would not say that. The police don’t even consider him a suspect as of now and they interviewed him for several hours. What is the league suspending him for? Crawford fight at the bar was worse then the scuffle that Joseph was in. Now if the police charge him with something like an assessor to murder/ assault charge (very possible to get him to testify), the NFL can suspend him after he makes the deal. I would cut him because he is not worth the juice from the squeeze.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I totally agree with you. You have a chance to make 100 million dollars over your career by working on your craft and you decide to hang out with low life losers at a club. Someone please explain to me how Joseph thinks because I don’t understand. My old self would cut my momma loose if she was bringing me down. Joseph needs to be hanging with Diggs, Brown and Lewis.

As fast as some of these guys are, they simply can't outrun their character. We think money changes people. It doesn't. You'll be the same person you are with money than you are without it.
That's why it is IMPORTANT to train a child and to remind young people the company you keep MATTERS!

If you want to be great, hang around great people.
If you want to be popular, hang around popular people.
If you want to be lazy, hang around lazy people.
If you want to be an entrepreneur, hang around entrepreneurs.
If you want to be a thug, ....

We make these universal principles more difficult than they are. And then television lies to us, pitching the idea that change can occur over night. It doesn't. It's a long process, but rewarding when you take the right steps to forge strong character. And it's damning when you make the wrong choices, hang out with the wrong crowd, etc.

And then add the "Well, you can't judge people" or "Well, I don't want to be a goody two-shoes" mentality, and you make it easier for people to live and act beneath who they should be as productive members of society.

Be that as it may, what you feed your mind and the company you keep shapes your character. And once character gets embedded, it is EXTREMELY difficult to change it. Not impossible. But difficult.

That's why this latest episode with KJ doesn't surprise me at all.

You take you wherever you go.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
As fast as some of these guys are, they simply can't outrun their character. We think money changes people. It doesn't. You'll be the same person you are with money than you are without it.
That's why it is IMPORTANT to train a child and to remind young people the company you keep MATTERS!

If you want to be great, hang around great people.
If you want to be popular, hang around popular people.
If you want to be lazy, hang around lazy people.
If you want to be an entrepreneur, hang around entrepreneurs.
If you want to be a thug, ....

We make these universal principles more difficult than they are. And then television lies to us, pitching the idea that change can occur over night. It doesn't. It's a long process, but rewarding when you take the right steps to forge strong character. And it's damning when you make the wrong choices, hang out with the wrong crowd, etc.

And then add the "Well, you can't judge people" or "Well, I don't want to be a goody two-shoes" mentality, and you make it easier for people to live and act beneath who they should be as productive members of society.

Be that as it may, what you feed your mind and the company you keep shapes your character. And once character gets embedded, it is EXTREMELY difficult to change it. Not impossible. But difficult.

That's why this latest episode with KJ doesn't surprise me at all.

You take you wherever you go.
I mean you are right. All these singers with so much talent and money get hooked on drugs or assault women and children. Maybe their issues are their gifts.:huh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I would not say that. The police don’t even consider him a suspect as of now and the interviewed him for several hours. What are suspending him for? Crawford fight at the bar was worse then the scuffle that Joseph was in. Now if the police charge him with something like an assault charge (very possible to get him to testify), the NFL can suspend him. I would cut him because he is not worth the juice is not worth the squeeze.

With all due respect, just being in a car from which shots were fired resulting in the death of a person is a wee bit different than getting into a bar fight.

This case REEKS of bad judgment.

And you can rest assured that if KJ doesn't get charged with a felony, Cameron Ray's family is going to bring civil charges against KJ for him instigating a fight that ultimately contributed to the death of their loved one because KJ is the one with the MONEY.

Either he will go to trial in civil court (burden of proof is lesser) or he'll likely settle out of court.

Simply put: He's screwed.

LittleD

Reaction score
I would not say that. The police don’t even consider him a suspect as of now and they interviewed him for several hours. What is the league suspending him for? Crawford fight at the bar was worse then the scuffle that Joseph was in. Now if the police charge him with something like an assessor to murder/ assault charge (very possible to get him to testify), the NFL can suspend him after he makes the deal. I would cut him because he is not worth the juice from the squeeze.

Riding in an SUV where a murder was executed and he did not report it for over 3 weeks. Texas Law of Parties says he can still be charged with murder if he doesn't give up everyone in the SUV and the shooter plus testify against them at trial. Goodell can exact justice whenever he wants just like he did with Zeke. KJ is a suspect and at the very least an accomplice.

nobody

Reaction score
There is not enough evidence to condemn him at this point IMO. It certainly doesn't look good but if he fully cooperates with the police and he wasn't an accessory then it's not cut and dry. A lot of the story should come out at that point as well.

I have loved all the virtue signaling and outrage though.

His own lawyer stated he was in the vehicle when a young man was murdered by someone in that vehicle. And Joseph kept his mouth shut until he was a person of interest. That's enough to at the very least say you want the team to cut him. Let the law handle him in the proper way, but the Cowboys should cut this guy immediately. He's a detriment to the team.

So obviously either you didn't check facts before throwing out "virtue signaling" and "outrage." A man was murdered. Joseph was present and reported nothing and indeed fought with the guy beforehand. Nobody is saying he murdered the guy. They're just saying he was involved in some way. He doesn't deserve to wear the star anymore.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Maybe learn a little about the Criminal Justice system. He isnt required to talk to police. Now I would if I knew who was involved in killing someone, but trust me when I tell you these young guys believe in that old "Snitches get stitches," crap. They wont talk to police about their buddies unless it saves their ***.

If he did nothing, and isnt gonna be charged, he will not cooperate with police, who they view as the real bad guy.